Chapter Four

UouO MEdiA's First Girl Group •´¯`•. ωαя∂εη .•´¯`• | Landing Butterflies, WARdEN
chapter FOUR : Variety? Kinda.
 
"That was amazing!" Miyoung yelled the moment they got into the van. Truthfully it was a whirlwind after they stepped off stage. Some family, some friends, some sunbaes, some UouO Media staff, all came to congratulate the girls. After the crowd had dispersed they had to go get makeup redone thanks to some who had to cry and make the others cry (They had all been wrecks for a good ten minutes). As soon as that was done, they were whisked back on stage to annouce the winner, shoved back into the dressing room to change, and were off. None has really spoken about the fact that they'd just had their debut stages or that their fanchant's were awesome or that they got to eat diet-breaking food right after. But now? Let the chatter begin.
 
"Right?! I mean, we didn't sing and we just danced but it exhilarating anyway!" Seulki jumped in her seat, throwing the seatbelt under her arm as always. Maeri scoffed and gave her a pointed look. Well, it would be her fault if they got into an accident and she got hurt worse because her seatbelt wasn't on right. Before the girls could say any more, Soojin interrupted, at his lips.
 
"Hey, you guys, we have a talk to have before you get to wrapped up in all this," The manager gave them a stern look, having already warned them when they were getting their makeup redone. Immediately the five shut up, looking away innocently, or in Yoonmi's case, annoyedly. Clicking his tongue, soojin turned his blinker on, keeping silent as he took the turn. Miyoung tapped her foot impatiently, knowing this was there punishment- Utter suspense. It was his favorite way to reprimand them, if there was any information they needed he was to deliver, he's use to his advantage. SOO jUNG pouted, knowing after a good dozen times that speaking during that kind of silence would only prolong it. After SHINee's Hello finished, he opened his mouth again, "So! The marketing director approached me not to long ago and said she had an idea. I guess it's getting pretty common so don't think it's gonna be anything special. It's just like Apink Diary and Bangtang TV."
 
"Our own show?!" Soo Jung asekd excitedly.
 
"On a youtube channel, it's not like it's being broadcasted anywhere. Anyways, she said tentative titles are "WARDen Logbook" and "WARDen Notebook." She doesn't want to use Diary or TV or any of those because she doesn't want be ordinary or be accused copyright anyways. She said that you guys can brainstorm some names and if she picks one of them, then you guys can choose whatever you want to film for the whole show unless you're boring. But with you five, I doubt boring is possible," Soojin raised a brow at his main vocalist and main dancer, "I trust this to be a time to practice one's acting, neh? We won't edit out any meaness so play nicely."
 
"Aigoo, Soojin oppa is really an appa already!" Maeri grinned, sitting forward excitedly. Soo Jung giggled, playing with Seulki's hand as she nodded jovially, the others voicing their agreement. Yoonmi her lips, adding:
 
"The baby will have a supportive appa."
 
The mood sailed downwards again.

The restaurant was fairly private, the owner knowing them well enough to put them in a secluded corner where the girls were free to eat however they wanted, as much as they wanted, and no one bothering them. The abeoji was really kind to them, giving them discounts and preparing the food with more love and care than he did others. Frankly it was adorable and Miyoung would enjoy it to the fullest. It wasn't uncommon to see her helping out in the back if she had some free time. That's the kind of person she was- She loved to help where she could. It was no wonder she was their triple threat, she got lessons in everything in return.

"Miyounggie-ah, you have to try their fried chicken feet! So yummy~" Seulki continued to unattractive eat everything in sight, Soojin scolding her about sitll needing to use her manners, even in their situation. He makes it quite seem like life and death, she mused as she busied herself looking through her selcas for the day, none pleasing her enough to post. She carefully wiped off any food that may have remained on her face. Striking a cute pose, she snapped two pictures, uploading them to both Instagram and Twitter before sliding her phone back into her pocket, innocently taking a bit of kimchi as though she hadn't just broken Soojin biggest rule, quite obviously even. The manager just sighed, letting it slide- They had just gotten the debut they deserved after all that they'd gone through. He was proud of them for that. They'd really done it after so long. They deserved to break some rules.

"Soo Jungie is daring!" Seulki laughed, hi-fiving her, "Finally I'm rubbing of-"

"Yo-Yoonmi-yah? Is that you?" A male voice stuttered behind her.

"Dohyun-sunbae! I see we meet again," SHe laughed, turning around towards the source of the voice, smile twitching unhappily. As much as she appreciated her Sunbae and his companionship, she didn't need rumors or the members causing a fuss. He wiped his hands on the cargo shorts he's chosen for the day, paired with a thight-fitting black shirt and...A collar? Well, that was slighly uncomfortable but...Not bad, she thought as she (Annoyingly) heard the girls whispering behind them. Dohyun, seeming to sense the unwelcome atmosphere, spit his words out.

"Um, congrats on your debut. You guys did really well and...Congrats. Yoonmi-yah, your rapping is really good! I, uhm, just saw you while waiting for my girlfriend and thought I'd say hi so, she's here, and I guess, bye," He rambled on, bowing deeply while hurrying to the entrance, where a really pretty, really cute girl was waiting at the door, an oversized white sweater making her appear even more delicate and feminine than she already did. Her makeup was pretty light, just enough to slightly enhance her best features and Yoonmi couldn't help but stare momentarily. They're both pretty so it's not like she's out of his league but...She totally is. Her face mixed up into one of displeasure, which she quickly schooled into blankness as she turned back to the table, a bit uncomfortable after the sudden, fast encounter with her former schoolmate. Where did he come from, anyway?

"Maknae-ah, just who was that?" Maeri teased, a brow raised.

"An old classmate."

"Just an old classmate?" Miyoung asked, poking her dongsaeng in the side, quite unsatisfied with the answer. Yoonmi nodded stiffly, returning to the samgyeopsal in front of her, not volunteering any more information. Seulki mouthed to Miyoung that they'd grill her later and all began to eat again. Soojin's phone rang, and he snuck a look at it, smiling softly at the same. He excused himself briefly and stepped to the near the bathrooms, quiet but able to see all five girls so he didn't have to worry about them. He slid his thumb across the screen to answer, holding it up to his ear, and endeared coo as soon as he heard the words his wife spoke.

"The baby's kicking again!" Ahseong said excitedly, "They're so active in there. I wonder if the baby will like soccer? Let's play soccer with the baby, Soojinnie!"

"Alright, Jagiya, we'll play soccer with our baby," He consented, fondess dripping off his voice. Ahseong was different, but in a way that made her energetic and impossible not to love. Every time she spoke he felt endearment coat over him again. She was absolutely precious, and he couldn't have asked for a better life.

"Yeobo, the girls did really well. I watched a performance with Sumia! She just went to sleep since she has another minor surgery on her shoulder in the morning but she wanted you to let everyone know that "they looked really pretty and danced really well," to quote. She looked really happy watching them, though she criticized their dance steps during Rum Pum Pum Pum partway through. She promised to send them tips when she woke up in the morning," Ahseong reported dutifully. SHe was often at the hospital with Sumia, since her parents rarely left Japan and Sumia had lived with them for the past few years, anyway, "Next week they're gonna start physical therapy, finally. It feels like it's been forever since we've seen her up an about."

"It's certainly been a while," He affirmed, "Give her a fighting from me in the morning, alright? Do you want to talk to the girls? They're just pickign at each other's food when the other isn't looking now."

"Yes yes yes!" She cheered, "Don't you dare tell them I know the gender of the baby, they'll grill me. It's for only me to know! You-"

"Can know when they're born. I know, you've told me a million times," He walked back to the table, the girls looking up at him curiously, "Who wants to talk to Ahseong first?" Miyoung unabashedly snatched the phone out of him hand, immediately talking animatedly while the other four pouted or whined or dejectedly played with their food. Soojin rolled his eyes- CHildren. Absolute children.

"Oppa~ You should buy us dessert," Soo Jung said cutely. He sighed. What choice did he really have? But the frown turned into a smile, seeing how the vocalist lit up and began to gush to Yoonmi about how she wanted all of them. He really couldn't ask for a better life. This was all he needed.

 
 
author note
 
Dohyun's FC is Mr.Mr's Changjae~ And his girlfriend's is Sulli. Soojin's wife's faceclaim is Ku Hye Sun. Did I trick you with the gif?? I couldn't find anything else that fit enough so. Anyways! Sorry for the wait, but school's finally out! Hooray! I'm taking summer classes though.;; But overall I'll have more time to write! I hope you all have a lovely day and don't be afraid to apply for any of my other fics~~ Also! Tell me what you want WARdEN's online show to be called. It'll help.;;
 
layout by -switzerland