Chapter Two

UouO MEdiA's First Girl Group •´¯`•. ωαя∂εη .•´¯`• | Landing Butterflies, WARdEN
chapter TWO : Walk
 
"Tomorrow is your debut. You won't be singing live then, but almost every performance after you will be. It's gonna and so are you, but you're gonna learn how to deal wih it no matter what," Eunbi lectureD, "fOR SOME REASON YOU GUYS AREN'T AWFUL AT LIPSYNCING LIKE SOME GROUPS, BUT DON'T LET THAT GET TO YOUR HEAD. We're only letting you sing live because the CEO wants to see it. Don't make her regret her choice in letting you losers debut. Miyu, you may be a lead vocalist, but that's purely due to your range- Your singing is shaky at best so don't think you're top in the vocal range. Yoonmi, you're lucky to have a sub-vocalist spot, you lack breath control, range, pitch, and regular control, so you'll be booking in extra hours with me soon. Don't forget you're there to be cute and to rap. You're not the best at dancing or singing, and we all have to have our weaknesses, but your rapping is killer so don't forget that. This wraps up our final meeting before you go on stage, so good luck to you lovely ladies and I'll be watching your stage. WARdEN, break!"
 
The girls dispersed at the words, the vocal trainer leaving the room immediately. Miyoung frowed, she knew she had trouble holding notes, even if they weren't all that high, but Eunbi always hated it more than anything. It was common knowledge that among the group she couldn't keep her voice steady, and all of her Unnies had tried to help her, but it just wasn't her strength. Soo Jung watched her carefully, gaging for any signs that she needed to intervene, however the younger simply pulled out her phone so she let it go, taking a look at her own. Soo Jung was surprised to see a text from Risa. Hadn't she said she's be MIA for the text week while she took tests? Before she could open it, though, Maeri asked a question that caught her attention quite well.
 
"Yoonie-ah, where were you so late last night? You and Seulki woke me up at, like, one a.m. The idiot was probably exhausted waiting for you," The leader casually threw out the insult, which Seulki ignored tastefully. Yoonmi's expression showed a defensive stance and Soo Jung had a feeling it could end up horribly.
 
"I was getting Seulki-Unnie her bubble tea. I took a long time deciding what snacks I wanted to buy," She wove truths into lies seamlessly as she sipped her water, throat aching a bit from the repetitive, failed notes.
 
"If you say so, Miss Jack in the box~ But you were totally with a guy," Seulki teased, grinning at the sight of a bead of sweat running down the rapper's cheek. Miyoung was immediately by Yoonmi's side, firing questions at a terrifying pace.
 
"Um, Unnie, I think you're thinking things too much. Since I was by myself," Yoonmi rolled her eyes but was hoping silently that the subject would change.
 
"Yoo, you know...Dating isn't one of our options right now? I mean, it's not like it's banned- Look at Amanda-Unnie, she was dating her girlfriend since her debut, but like if you're going around with him things won't go well for WARdEN. I don't want you to lose happiness, but you have to think about all we worked for," Maeri chatised, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Despite the expectations, Yoonmi's face remained impassive as she stood.
 
"I know, Unnie, it's not how you're thinking anyway. I'm going to the vending machine, does anyone want something?"

"Your official debut as a five-membered unit is in seventeen hours! Aer you okay with visiting Sumia before we head back to the dorm? I got a call from her older brother, she wanted to see you guys before you got even busier," Soojin glanced at the rearview mirror, seeing Miyoung and Soo Jung immediately perk up at the mention. Even Yoonmi seemed a bit excited at the proposition, yet of course Seulki and Maeri stayed glaring at each other.

"Ooh, Oppa, can we please?" Miyoung whined, clapsing her hands together.

"Would I have askeed if you couldn't? We can't be there long, you need a lot of rest for tomorrow, but for an hour. Don't forget, tomorrow morning you'll be recording your dance cover. That'll be posted on the 18th. Hopefuly covering your most famous Sunbae's song and killing it will up your opularity. A lot of fans have been waiting for this, you know? I know you won't, but don't disappoint them," His expression was serious, "After this long you need to be amazing. Work harder than ever before."

Silence filled the car as Soojin drove. Truthfully, the hospital in mind was pretty far away, but it would be worth it. Seulki turned her head to look outside of the window, thoughts clouding her mind. She was grateful that Kibum and Jonghyun would be promoting on the same day. Well, that all of SHINee would be, but seriously, it was going to be stressful either way. She was worried about the amount of attention they would recieve- Many well-loved bands would be having special stages, including Apink and Seventeen. Seulki honestly thought they'd have no chance, but Soojin had already giften them with fanmail containings gifts and advice. Hell, Minho had sent them a huge, hand-made gift basket containing supplies for injuries as well as skin care. She's sent him a slightly offended text later, but it was in good fun.

An hour and a half had passed and it was well into evening, about dinner time, but all five girls were ready and raring to go. As soon as Soojin parked they threw on their face masks, sans Soo Jung as always, and jumped out of the car, confidentally walking to the elevator which took them to the sixth floor and they made their way to room 609, the metal plate that read "Hisawaka Sumia" sitting in it's holder.

"Sumia-chan! Ogenki desu ka?" Miyoung spoke excitedly, immediately jumping onto the bed, ignoring the girl's pained groan as she landed straight onto her left leg. She laid right next to her, waiting impatiently for an answer as she shook her arm with a small glare to urge her further.

"I was okay- Until you ruined my already ruined leg, thank you," Sumia pouted, poking the older's nose. Seulki squealed because, really, her dongsaengs were the cutest, and sat on the edge of the bed, pulling out her phone to check her reflection. Yoonmi scoffed a bit, out of all of them Seulki was always the most appearance-conscious and never a few minutes went by until she checked herself over once again. Sumia pulled at Yoonmi's hair a bit to grab her attention, "Did you bring me snacks? Yoonie Unnie always brings me snacks."

Well crap.

It was time to sacrifice her strawberry tarts.

How couldn't she when she looked at that pretty face?

yOONMI SMILE AND DUG THROUGH HER BAG, PULLING THEM OUT AND HANDING THEM TO sUMIA. The youngest's eyes lit up and she hurriedly tried to open the package. Miyoung frowned, taking it and opening it for her with care.

"It's not like you're starved in here," She scolded, handing the food back to the dancer. Sumia smiled shamelessly and began to eat. The girls all seperated into their little groups, Soo Jung with Seulki, Yoonmi with Maeri, and Miyoung with Sumia and Soojin, who'd come back from his "amazing super duper important phone call" that he'd left to take forever ago. The atmosphere was lighthearted, loving, like home. Until Sumia said the one thing that nobody but everyone wanted to hear.

"Good luck at debut tomorrow, guys!"
 

author note
 
1300 words or so~ Sorry for something a bit shorter, even though you waited so long. Chapter two! Next chapter is debut. Exciting, exciting~
 
layout by -switzerland