Chapter Three

UouO MEdiA's First Girl Group •´¯`•. ωαя∂εη .•´¯`• | Landing Butterflies, WARdEN
chapter Three : Finally debut
 
Seulki was, admittedly, nervous. Like...Really nervous. Had she technically debuted before? Yeah, but that's when she was a leader who didn't have time to worry about herself and had to worry about her group instead. Seulki had been in three KPOP girl group projects in her time as a trainee- Super Girls (Who ended up as SNSD), Blonde (Who never debuted), and WARdEN. It was only WARdEN that had ever tried to debut her, and that initial debut had failed. She had the right to be scared, right? Right. At least SHINee and Ahyoung would be there. Ahyoung was in the middle of a comeback in some no-name group. Ahyoung had been a part of blonde, and it made Seulki smile to see that she sported blonde hair to this day.
 
After disbanding, many of the members of BLonde dyed their hair blonde as they would have for debut. Seulki, on the other hand, promised to dye her hair blonde when she was a successful artist. She was concious of that promise every day. Maeri, however, who had been called the stage name "Ice" then, never made any such promise, and actually refused to dye her hair blonde at all. It was insulting to Seulki, in a way, but to each their own, as Miyoung reminded her every time the older got angry at something that was a personal choice. Really, Seulki overreacted a lot, the others had learned through the years.
 
However, it was Miyoung who overreacted next.
 
"Is that Lee Taemin?! Are you kidding me?!" She shrieked, just in time for Seulki to go up and start a very animated conversation. Maeri laughed, hanging an arm over her shoulder.
 
"I don't get why you're so surprised, she said she was going to introduce us," The leader commented cooly, watching her dongsaeng interacting so casually with such a big sunbae. Sure, he was younger than Seulki, but he had debuted in 2008 while where they were in 2016. It was kind of shocking, but she had to remember who Seulki was before it became an annoyance. Maeri signaled for the remainder of the group to head over to the pair, tAEMIN NOW WAVING SLIGHTLY WITH A MILD SMILE.
 
"aNNYEONGHASEYO, IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU," tHE DANCER GAVE A SHALLOW BOW, AND THOUGH THE FELLOW MAIN RAISED A BROW SHE BOWED BACK DEEPLY, THE YOUNGEST THREE FOLLOWING SUIT, "sEULKI-AH'S TOLD ME A LOT ABOUT YOU ALL~ She's told me enough about you all, so don't worry about introductions. I'm sure you know who I am."
 
"It's really a pleasure to meet you, Sunbae," Miyoung bowed again, and Taemin laughed nervously, despite his years in the business he never got used to being bowed to so respectfully. Soo Jung gave him an appraising look- He already had costuming and makeup done, so she could only assume that he'd been the first of his group since she saw the other four members of SHINee no where. The red looked really good on him, actually, and his hair that was styled to fall over part of his bandana looked, frankly, hot. She had the grace to feel a bit guilty for drooling over her best friend's boyfriend. Yoonmi, however, was having a much happier time while looking at him. His lips were quite easy to stare at, but of course she allowed her eyes to trail elsewhere. Before she could get any farther, Miyoung elbowed her with an uneasy smile at Taemin's questioning looking.
 
"My band is weeiiird," Seulki complained, leaning on Taemin heavily. Before she could say anymore, she was picked up and spun around. She shrieked, hitting behind her as laughter filled her ears, "Kim Jonghyun I will kill you!"
 
"Unnie, I don't think that's quite the proper response," Miyoung laughed behind her hand, taking in the scene- tHE WAY jONGHYUN-SSI HAD HUGGED HER SO INTIMATELY, THE AFFECTIONATE SMILE AS HE SPUN HER AROUND, THEIR CLOSE BODY LANGUAGE- oH, THERE WAS CERTAINLY SOMETHING GOING ON. sHE NUDGED Yoonmi, and with a simple tilt of her head the rapper was grinning and pulling her away to am empty room.
 
"So we need to get them together."
 
"I agree," Miyoung grinned, "But the question is how. I dunno about you, but I'm a horrible match maker. Like, I tried to get two of my teachers together in third grade. The girl keyed the guy's car. I felt so bad."
 
"Then leave the planning up to me. I've totally got th-"
 
"Um...Guys?" A distinctly older voice sounded from the now-open door, "I think our hideout had been overtaken."
 
Before the two poor starstruck rookies stood Park Chorong, the leader of APink.
 
Miyoung was pretty sure she fainted.

"Where were you guys?" Maeri asked worriedly before throwing a glare to Insook, "The stylists have been on our asses since you weren't here!"

"Um...Sorry," Miyoung muttered, cheeks blazing in embarassment at how much time they'd spent talking to Apink. She didn't regret it, of course, but she felt a bit guilty for leaving everyone hanging for so long. She hurried over to where Subin was waiting impatiently, arguing with Insook about how terrible of a job she's done on Soo Jung. When Sungki was asked his opinion, the poor guy literally ran away. Soo Jung observed their fight from the sidelines as always, a small smile lifting the corner of her lips. She for one thought she looked amazing even though she was still wearing street clothes Maeri had picked out for her, and had Seulki snap a quick picture before uploading it to her brand new Instagram, grinning at the amount of followers she already had. The perks of being an up-and-coming idol, she supposed.

"Just don't do it again, alright?" Maeri interrupted Soo Jung's thoughts by pulling on her hand, "Soo, let's go check out everyone else's rehearsals, okay? It'll be so cool!"

"Sure, Unnie. See you guys later!" She vocalist waved as she was dragged out of the room, Seulki glaring daggers at Maeri for taking her best friend away, just like that. Miyoung patted her arm, not being able to hold back the laughter that bubbled in . In all honesty, the main vocalist could be a bit petty at times. Simply because Maeri had taken Soo Jung's attention away from her. But such was her personality and she'd learned to live with it, as had the others, sans Maeri as always. A particularly harsh tug at her head made her gulp, Subin taking the curling iron a little too close to her face yet again. And internal sigh resulted.

This would be a long few hours.

And, very honestly, Miyoung was jealous when Seulki bolted as soon as her styling was over and done with. And when Seulki bolted, she literally bolted, Insook groaning as her hair was immediately ruined. Whoops. i'LL GET IT REDONE LATER, she decided as she made her way to the vending machine. Hell did she need some teeth-rotting soda right about then. And it was pure coincidence when Jonghyun happened to be there as well. Really, just pure luck.

"Hey there, Miss, fancy meeting you here," He grinned with a disarming charm. Seulki's face flared, but luckily the makeup could all but cover it so all Jonghyun could see was her annoyed yet amused expression.

"Well, good sir, I do try my best to be where I'm needed," She played along, batting her eyelashes at him cutely, biting her lip ever so slightly. There was no way he would be oblivious after that, right? Except his expression stayed with that smile and she felt her own wavering. What a fool, Seulki thought painfully to herself, If it's been like this for years, why would he notice now? Stupid stupid stupid.

"I didn't say it earlier Seulki, but congrats on making it to debut and good luck. You know as well as I do it's a cruel world here, but it can be worth it if you listen to the music," He grinned at his own hidden metaphor, knowing that not even Seulki would know what he was hinting at, "Just appreciate all of the good things you have and will get, okay? Don't be disappointed or angry, you can't afford it."

"How motivational," Seulki rolled her eyes, but held onto the hand Jonghyun offered with a certain fear. He pulled her into a hug, and the scent of rice and something much more masculine filled her with a comfort only he could provide.


"You've worked hard to get here, girls. You don't need any awards or fanchants or any of that to know that you're amazing and loved and so, so talented. You guys will do amazing on this stage, and the next, and every single one after that, without even trying. I'm more than proud of you and I will be for whatever's left of my life. You'll all always have a place in my heart, and so do Sumia and Iseul. And make no mistake, Iseul's proud of you too. My niece had a pure heart, and this is what she wants for you guys. Don't forget, Maeri, even if you didn't train with her, you grew up together. You have the same right to her memory as the others do. Sumia is watching right now, waiting for her beautiful Unnies to go on stage and wow her. Are you going to disappoint her? Are you going to make her wish she'd never looked?"

"No!"

"Are you going to make her smile and cry and wish you all the best of luck again?"

"Yes!"

"Those're my girls. Come here," Soojin pulled all five into a tight group hug, tears threatening but being held onto tightly, "Do your best, girls. I've got your back."

"Alright you guys, are you ready?" Seulki asked excitedly, the five getting into a circLE, sOOJIN WATCHING FROM THE SIDE WITH A FATHERLY SMILE, WIPING AWAT STRAY TEARS. hE HAD NO EXCUSE TO KEEP THEM IN, HE HAD NO MAKEUP TO POSSIBLY RUIN. sO HE'D CRY ENOUGH FOR ALL OF THEM, AFTER HE WAS AT HOME WITH HIS WIFE, OF COURSE.

"hANA, DEUL, SET, YEppun WARdEN, Hwaiting!" Maeri yelled, the girls echoing hwaiting as they broke apart, determination in some eyes, fear in other's. Just moments away was WARdEN's official introduction to the KPOP world. The girls would fight. Love. Live. Lose. But they would be one.

"Five seconds to WARdEN stage."

The girls walked close together onto the stage.

"Four seconds to lighting."

Fans screamed their cheers.

"Three seconds to upping volume."

The five got into position.

"Two seconds to start."

They all took a deep breath, just as taught.

"One second to count."

Expressions became blank.

"On air!"

The music began.



 

 
author note
 
And thus WARdEN debuts. It's in the next chapter they actually talk about it and stuff, though~ Surprise, Iseul is Soojin's niece! I know, how cruel~ Anyways, sorry for the wait, and the chapter before this has the entire minialbum, along with the lyrics distributed so please take a look! I hope you all have a good day~ <33
 
layout by -switzerland