Chapter One

UouO MEdiA's First Girl Group •´¯`•. ωαя∂εη .•´¯`• | Landing Butterflies, WARdEN
chapter one : Work On It
 
Maeri knew she had the makings of a good leader. Really, she did. It's just...Sunh- sORRY, sEULKI, AS SHE'D LEGALLY CHANGED HER NAME TO, REALLY GOT ON HER NERVES. tHE MOST RECENT THING? Oh, yeah- The fact that she legally changed her name. Ah, yes, twenty-two years of being Sunhi and then deciding to change it. She was really ridiculous. Another thing that the younger did that annoyed her? Undermine her authority. Seulki used to a very cheerful, happy-go-lucky kind of person. Now? She was an envious brat her flirted her way to where she wanted to be.
 
"Unnie, stop spacing out, we have to practice," Seulki complained, "The Light MV just dropped, we can't look bad when we perform it!"
 
"The only one who would look bad would be you," She retorted, smirking a bit at the younger's reddening features.
 
"Just because that one move is hard--"
 
"Except it's easy and you just ."
 
"That's enough, girls" Eunju, their dance instructor, scolded, cuffing the both of them on the back of the head, "If you can't get along, keep it to yourselves, don't hold everyone else back and make yourselves look bad. You two are the oldest, so act like it!"
 
"Neh seonsaengnim, mihane seonsaegnim!" They bowed in unison, and Eunju urged them back to their spots, this time scolding them for mixing formal and informal language together. Miyoung laughed quietly behind her hand, sneaking a look at Soo Jung who was off in her own world yet again. She nudged the vocalist who snapped back into reality, smiling apologetically as she got in the starting position. Miyoung faced the front, head down. The five girls walked in a straight formation, as though they were the hands of a clock, only Seulki staying still. They went through about the first minute of the song before Eunju stopped them.
 
"Yah, how many times have I told you girls? You can't dance this song to the best of your abilities! Your debut choreo isn't meant to be thriller, so your accompaniment song can't be either! Dance it lazily!"
 
"I bet no one thought they'd hear a dance trainer tell that to idols," Yoonmi whispered to Seulki, but of course Eunju caught it.
 
"No matter how you dance it, you'll be the worst anyway, so you have to at least try," She glared at the youngest. The rapper's lips set into a thin line. Eunju would definitely not get out of that unscathed. However, for the time being she nodded and brough her hand to her face, unnoticeably biting on her nail. It wwas probably a bad idea to get back at her dance instructor and choreographer, but...
 
"Now let's try it again. You have to be singing in ten minutes so hurry up!"

"Yoonie-ah, can you do Unnie a favor?" Seulki asked later that night. It was about one in the morning and they were just about home. They'd decided to walk to the dorm since it was so close. Not many people recognized them anyway, they hadn't been stopped once. Honestly, they were trying to enjoy it while they could.

"Hm?" She asked distractedly, finally texting Jihoon back. She winced, it had been hours ago that she'd received the message.

"We just passed the convenience store, do you think you could go back there and buy me some bubble tea for the morning? I don't want to hurt my foot again like last time, we're too close to debut for that," Her eyes looked at the younger pleadingly. The younger thought back to the time her Unnie had been kinda-attacked by a worker there. He claimed it was because her clothes were "too revealing," and thus he tried to remove her from the store. To be honest, Seulki's crop top and miniskirt were a bit outlandish for a late-night adventure but that removing her from the store certainly hadn't been the intention. Looking down at her own simple red dress and thigh-high stockings, she was kinda also a target but Seulki would only ask if everyone else had said no. With a sigh she took pity on the older and grabbed the won out of her hand.

"I'm buying myself food, too. Wait at the entrance for me, alright?" She bid goodbye to the others and turned, walking down the nearly-empty streets. She carefully untangled her earbuds and slipped them in, scrolling through the years worth of music on her phone. She frowned, not finding anything she really felt like listening to until Girls Generation's I Got A Boy appeared. She knew they'd be filming their dance cover of it soon- It was Miyoung's idea, to cover Iseul's favorite song. As the lyrics filled her mind, she allowed herself to drown in the music. She sang and rapped along quietly, doing whichever dance moves she could while walking. Imagine her surprise when a hand grabbed her arm, albeit forcefully. Her eyes snapped open and she yanked the earbuds out, chest tightening in fear.

A man, maybe in his mid twenties was looking at her, blushing immediately upon realizing that he was still holding onto her arm. He let go immediately, and the rapper brought her arms across her chest, eyes fliting along his face nervously. He didn't seem to holf any ill will, only looking nervous and embarassed.

"S-sorry, I was calling you and you didn't answer, he excused himself, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans. Yoonmi winced in disgust, hoping desperately he didn't notice, "Um, by your expression I guess you don't remember me, which is entirely fair, but I guess I was just hoping, so, well, I-I'll just go now."

"Wait! I'm sorry, I was just surprised. You do look a bit familiar," Yes, the stuttering and habit of wiping his hands was quite familiar to her, but she couldn't find a place for it. She scrutinized him a little longer, and he kept quiet. It took a few moments, but finally she was able to place him, "Dohyun-sunbae! I'm so sorr-"

"Hey, don't worry about it, I was only there for a few months before I changed schools again," He gave Yoonmi a charming smile, "I, um, saw your music video. Well, I guess it was your bandmate, but uh, I knew I recognized your voice. Since I caught you that morning before school. I'm still sorry about that, by the way. aND, i KNOW IT'S LATE AND ALL, BUT DO YOU WANT TO get coffee really quick?"


"Unnie, why did you send out the baby to do it? If you really wanted me to, I would have done it," sOO jUNG COMMENTED AS THEY WENT UP TO THEIR "DORM-" It was really a three-room apartment whic consisted of the living room and kitchen, the bedroom, and the closet, plus their tiny bathroom. It was a pain but it could have been worse, "Aren't you supposed to be waiting downstairs?"

"I'll go back down as soon as I pee," Seulki pointedly ignored SOo Jung's other comment and shut the bathroom door behind her, and Miyoung stiffled her laugh at Soo Jung's affronted expression. She put a hand on the other's shoulder.

"With Seulki Unnie, it's a battle you can never win," Miyoung comforted, pulling the vocalist to their room. It was messy as hell, since they were rarely there anymore, and no one had time to clean up. Soojin would have, had they not temporarily banned him after their last incident. It was the most recent of about eight, and it was sure to continue, but poor Yoonmi will never get over that mortification of being absolutely , legs splayed open and Soojin walking in.

"Unfortunately true!" Soo Jung declared, taking off her top and replacing it with a tank top. The summer night was warm and she was tired of sweating. It was pretty gross. Miyoung climbed onto her top bunk, simply kicking off her pants and curling up on her blanket. It was still too hot to snuggle under it. Maeri was already asleep despite the lights being on. She was dead tired, apparently.

"Seulki and Yoonmi will come in quietly, so can you turn off the lights Unnie?" Miyoung asked, and Soo Jung nodded, running a hand through her hair. She flipped the switch, dangerously making her way over the mounds and piles of random things they managed to throw on the ground, squeaking a few times when she stepped on something painful or just plain weird. She finally was able to find the ladder up to the beds, accidentally kicking Miyoung on the face as she made her way up. After some whining from her and annoyed groans from Maeri, Soo Jung finally settled down, curling towards the wall and whispering,

"Good night, guys."

 
author note
 
This is their bedroom. mAERI TAKES THE SEPERATE BED ON THE LEFT, Miyoung has the bottom back bed, Soo Jung is above her, Sunhi is the top bunk over, and Yoonmi is below her. So, the first rewritten chapter! How is it? Is it better? I hope it's better.;; Some day, we'll get to two thousand word chapters. This was about 1,500~ So! Tension between the current and former leader, Yoonmi is known as the worst dancer for now and after getting called out is planning revenge, Seulki doesn't want to do things and makes her Dongsaengs do it, Yoonmi met an old friend, and people got home. Hooray~ Please give me your thoughts and vote on the polls is you haven't yet! Also, please tell me if there are any spelling or grammar errors~ By the way, you can check out the staff and former artist page if you wanna see everyone who'll be introduced~ I decided to have Eunju's FC be IU~
 
layout by -switzerland