Allkpop 9

UouO MEdiA's First Girl Group •´¯`•. ωαя∂εη .•´¯`• | Landing Butterflies, WARdEN
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
WARdEN's Cherry sheds tears as she talks about her parents, childhood, and friends!
May 31st, 2016 @ 1:08 am

070816_gfriend_01.jpg

 
zdVJmyT.png
by adminisatsukiwannabebtw
scrap, share & like
9624
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

Turns out the maknae of WARdEN has gone through a lot in her life. The up-and-coming 2015 rookie group appeared on JTBC's Please Take Care of My Refrigerator and nineteen-year-old dancer opened up about her past during the first of their two guest episodes.

SEE ALSO: UouO Media releases cute 'Navillera' MV!

As it turns out, Cherry's father was a victim in the 1999 Jiji Earthquake, or the 921 earthquake. Cherry's family lived in Kyoto, Japan as her mother was Japanese. Her father was Taiwanese and visited his hometown for a friend's birthday but passed away in the earthquake. Sumia admitted that as she was only two, and doesn't remember her at all. After her father passed away, her mother worked very hard to support her. Sumia was raised in a daycare for years. It was here where the tears started to fall as she explained how she is no longer legally bound to her mother, "My primary caretaker, Miss Kim, was from South Korea. She was moving but she was more like my mother than Okaa-san, and at this point my mother was being partially affected by her hereditary schizephrenia. It wasn't bad but I really wanted to move with Miss Kim...And I did. My mom doesn't have any legal rights over me, and I've been in Miss Kim's care for years now. It was a really painful decision to make for all of us."

Partway through her explanation, Rose and Miyu tried to comfort her. As she continued, she mention her best friend who was deaf, "My best friend is deaf so I had to work really hard so I could learn basic Korean Sign Lanuage, but we mostly rely on reading lips. Her parents never learned sign language either and aren't close with her, so I wish I could spend more time with her..."

What an emotional story!

tags
WARdEN
UouO Media
Cherry
Buzz
comments
There are 150 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
u__1e · Posted May 31, 2016 @ 10:33 am
I've been blessed.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
lmaoinigoislaslow_spoilers · Posted May 31, 2016 @ 10:33 am
these es r trying to copy apink! stupids!
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
imsohungryheresmy12ozofcoffee · Posted May 31, 2016 @ 10:33 am
Well look at that, the nugus are regressing again.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
itriedtosingandbrokemyhouse · Posted May 31, 2016 @ 10:33 am
That one amandasforeverwithwarden got banned for fighting with someone over SHINee being plastic and fake. XD It's weird to not see her comment here.
Reply · Report · Share
 
more