Chapter 12

UouO MEdiA's First Girl Group •´¯`•. ωαя∂εη .•´¯`• | Landing Butterflies, WARdEN

chapter twelve

━ { Navillera era pt. 1
 

"Deul, set, annyeonghaseyo! Here to keep your heart, you're watching- WARdEN Notebook season two!" The six girls cheered happily, waving at the camera. Sera had the honor of holding the camera as she was the tallest, and she winked at it before speaking on her own.

"Did you like our new greeting? I hope so!"

"Well would you look at that- We've got two new faces here~" Rose grinned, pushing the now-oldest and youngest to the front, "Go ahead and introduce yourselves!"

Yoo and Cherry stared at each other, hoping the other would just take the initiative and go first. Crickets sounded and the other four looked at each other with amusement. This new team was going so well already. With a snicker at Rose's eyeroll, Miyu approached the two and threw an arm around each of their shoulder's.

"Yoo Unnie, how about you go first?"

"Uh, sure! It's very nice to meet you all, lovely viewers~ I'm Yoo, the newest addition to WARdEN. Thank you for supporting me!" She bowed, stumbling over her Korean a little. Her accent was a bit thick and Korean subtitles flashed on the screen, "I'll work very hard in order to make WARdEN a better unit."

"Aw, what a nice intro!" Cherry giggled, "I'm your returning maknae, a Sweet Player- Cherry! I hope you'll treat me and my new Unnie well~ What do we have planned for today's episode, Byeol Unnie?"

"Well, we have two things! You'll watch Yoo Unnie teach us our new Navillera choreography- We made some changes- And then we'll try dancing to Navillera blindfolded! Doesn't that sound pretty cool?" The other members gave various degrees of approval, though some would swear they could hear Sera whisper Oh no, I'm doomed. Of course, that seemed to be one of those ever-popular conspiracy theories.

The six girls walked through the UouO Media building with haste, greeting staff members and fellow trainees alike. In fact, even Yoon Sooyoung showed up for a small amount of time, where she instantly made conversation with Cherry.

"Cherry-yah~" She waved her hand high, giving a sickly sweet smile to Yoonmi before giving a brief pat on the head to their new maknae, "I'm glad to see you all healed up. Are you filming for WARdEN notebook right now?"

"Ah, yeah, we are Sooyoung-ah," Rose smiled, "Have you been training hard?"

"Of course I have!"

"Good, I can't wait to compete with you on stage one day!" After a few more words and waving goodbye, the scene cut to the practice room.

 

"I can't believe I-" Sera fell to the ground, clutching her stomach as she laughed. Backwards, she'd been backwards. Of course. Yoo covered with her hand, laughing but trying to compose herself. Rose exchanged an amused look with Byeol.

"Well," The rapper began," This episode has run on longer than usual. I hate to say it but it's time to go."

"Deul set! Until now this is been WARdEN Notebook season two!"

---

Sumia chewed on her thumb briefly, nervous. She, Yufei, Yoonmi, and Minyoung were on their way to guest on Hello Counselor while Seulki and Soo Jung were recording vocals for a coed stage with Shigeri. It would be her first time on a variety show ever and it was definitely making her nervous. None of the others in the van seemed to be picking up on it, and she couldn't tell if she was grateful or not. Getting back into the idol life, after WARdEN had become established idols, was hard. She knew it would be, but learning all their choreographies, not being able to participate in every song, it was hard, Especially when Yufei just gets to take Maeri Unnie's place. Sumia took a deep breath, Calm down. You're sitll loved- Third in searches for the group as individual members.

That doesn't mean anything about your popularity. People could just be curious about you.

That was probably it. However, Sumia smiled and decided that a conversation would be better than wallowing in self-pity. She switched to Mandarin as she turned to their newest addition, and hopefully last, "So, Yufei Unnie, how had Korea been treating you for the past few years? It wasn't easy when I first moved here."

Immediately a forced politeness took over the eldest's body, and she offered a fake smile. Sumia felt herself stiffen- She swore that Yufei didn't like her. Their conversations were always so...Cold. Detached. Or maybe it was just Yufei herself, "Ah, things have been fine~ I'm glad that many of you can speak Mandarin, it's very helpful."

"I'm happy to help translate during shows!" Sumia replied brightly. So far, on every single show, the two dancers were made to sit next to each other, Sumia translating the whole time. Seulki was also fluent but was often in charge of more important conversations. So Jung and Yoonmi were working on their Chinese, but they were worse at it than Yufei was at Korean. Not to mention, Yoonmi had been pretty...Quiet. Well, more than usual. There were few pranks, little to no viewing of K-dramas, and even her nails were only painted when the stylists put on fake ones. After their fansign incident, she'd drawn into herself even more. The higher-ups were still in talks about the lawsuit, because Yoonmi had finally spilled everything.

"Miss Ahn? Can I please speak to you privately?" Yoonmi asked quietly. The girls had the rest of the day off- Mostly since Yufei was still getting used to their harsh schedules and Soojin wasn't one to overwork them if he could avoid it. The others had gone out to walk around some shops, but the rapper had waved off their offer to come with and instead chose to stay at the building. Her excuse had been that she wanted to get more practice in. Reality was, she needed to talk to their CEO. Somewhere along the line, Yoonmi had given up- No.

Maybe it was more like she had gotten stronger. She wasn't going to deal with it anymore. Yoonmi was going to grow, form herself again- Just like their new concept. She wanted to live that ideal. Yoonmi was going to admit everything that happened.

"If you'd give me just ten minutes more to finish up this paperwork, you'll have me for a full hour if need be," Minha hadn't even raised a brown at her request, or when she'd nervously knocked and walked in.

"I won't need an hour, but please, finish," She bowed before taking the indicated seat. Yoonmi played with her nails, knowing better than to chew them in front of such an important person. Only the sound of Miss Ahn's pen stratching frantically and the sharp turning of pages could be heard, even their breathing deadly quiet. Her nerves shot up, and she pushed down the urge to pace. Yoonmi felt like an eternity was passing.

Loading. To be continued.

 

(author's note) I'm hungry, however. There's actual content in this Chapter!! It's a miracle~ We're getting to actual writing. A few things happened but I still have nothing to say whoops~ We're about caught up with the prewritten chapters~~