I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

The next day they both slept in as it was a Saturday.   That meant no regular band practice.  So unless there was something they were working on solo it was pretty much a free day.  By the time they had gotten dressed and were downing their morning caffeine most of the guys had left the dorm.  The only ones still around were them and Jiho.   They were finishing their coffee at the kitchen table while Minhyuk crunched on a piece of toast.  Jiho came sauntering out pouring himself a cup of coffee.  Yukwon knew he had gotten in very late.   He sat down rubbing his eyes and massaging his forehead like it hurt.   "Did you have a rough night?" asked Yukwon.   Jiho looked at him dully replying "I was out with an American girl and for all the liquor I bought I couldn't even get in her pants" he complained.   "Sorry to hear that" said Yukwon.  'Yea" said Jiho "I did however have two offers from the same " he continued "I think if I had been any drunker I would have taken one of them up on it. I mean after all--a hole is a hole" he said winking at Yukwon "you should know all about that right hyung" he said as he slapped him on the back.    Yukwon knocked his arm away saying "you are really a disgusting human being Jiho.  Is that all means to you?  No wonder you are alone and have never had a relationship." 

Yukwon stood up saying "we need to leave now Minnie or we will be late."   "Sure" he said "let me just get my phone in the room."  Yukwon stepped outside to wait as he didn't feel like being in the same room with Jiho.   He was standing there for a minute and glanced back in when he heard Minhyuk walk out of the room.   He watched as Jiho grabbed him by the wrist pulling him down and said something in his ear.   Then Minhyuk pulled away angrily and walked out.   It was a beautiful spring day and Yukwon would have been in a good mood if all this other stuff wasn't pulling him down.    Now he was worried about Jiho picking on Minhyuk.  He didn't know what he was up to but he knew Minnie wouldn't tell him anyway.  He probably figured he could handle it on his own that Yukwon had enough to worry about right now.  He was probably correct about this too but when it concerned Minhyuk his protective instincts kicked in.  He had an overwhelming urge to protect him.   This was made worse by the fact that Minhyuk really was a bit naive about things.    He was not a child but  when it came to streetsmarts Minhyuk was definitely two steps behind the rest of them.  When he allowed himself to think about it his anger flared up that someone would try to take advantage of his baby. 

"Where are we meeting Sunhye at?" asked Minhyuk.    "At the Cafe Jass" replied Yukwon "now don't forget you promised to leave that evil, green monster behind."   "I promise I'll be good" he said as they walked along.   'Minhyuk" he began "I saw Jiho grab you and whisper something when I was standing outside. What was it?" he asked.  He was watching Minnie and his reaction was not what he had expected.   He turned red and started to stammer.   "You can tell me if he's picking on you" he continued "I won't start a fight with him or anything."   Minhyuk looked at him with what Yukwon thought was relief when he said this.  "Uuhh tha--tha-that's what he was saying---like have a good time gay boy---stuff like that" sputtered Minhyuk.   "that's what I thought" said Yukwon "don't let him get to you. Taeil told me he mercilessly for months before he let up so just try to ignore it."    Yukwon looked at him smiling "oh it doesn't bother me at all" he said "we have important things to do. I'm not worried about Jiho's nonsense."   Yukwon slapped him on the back saying "that's a very good attitude to have and here I was just thinking before you were a bit immature."  Minhyuk looked offended by this saying "you thought that Kwonnie? really?"  Yukwon just told him "no worries hyung because you just proved me wrong."

They arrived at the cafe to see that Sunhye was already there having secured a table so they went straight over seating themselves.   When Minhyuk sat down he looked over at her and said "Sunhye I would like to apologize for my behavoir from the last time I saw you. I know this is a really difficult time for you and I hope you are doing okay."  Her and Yukwon looked at him pleasantly surprised as she told him "It's fine I think this situation is trying for all of us and if we can just get through it without killing each other we'll be doing well."  They all laughed at this as Yukwon took the list out he had written and began reciting from it.   Sunhye had her own list too and they compared both of them cross referencing everything.   After about half an hour they were satisfied that they had taken care of undoing whatever had been planned.    Sunhye stuffed the list in her purse saying "now comes the hard part. How do you want to handle it" she asked "I will go along with anything you want."   Minhyuk looked at them confused and Yukwon told him "she means telling our families why the wedding is cancelled."   Yukwon looked down at the table grimly thinking for a minute.  When he looked up he told Sunhye "I'm not going to lie. If I don't tell them the truth now I am just putting it off for a later date. I know it won't be pleasant but I have to deal with it. After all it's my life."   Sunhye looked relieved "I'm glad you feel this way. I knew you would own up to things instead of just blaming our break-up on something else. That's why I left it for you to decide."  Yukwon nodded at her saying "I will have to tell them soon. I was thinking next weekend. I've already made a date to have dinner with my parents Saturday.  How would you feel if I made a similar date to see your folks on Sunday."   "That would be perfect" she said "I'll tell them to be expecting a call from you."  Yukwon accepted the check as the waiter came around then he looked at Sunhye pleadingly "just one more thing" he asked "can you tell me if your father has any weapons handy so I know whether to run or not?"  Sunhye laughed and reached over to pat him on the arm saying "don't worry things are usually not as bad as they seem. Five years from we'll probably be sitting around laughing about this."