I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

He drove back to Seoul speeding all the way.  In all of his imaginings he had never thought he would get reactions like he had just experienced.  He knew his parents were old-fashioned people but even they knew about gay people.  They had treated him like he had some kind of a disease!!  We can get you help?  You've got to be kidding me!  He was crying but honestly didn't know if he was more angry or hurt.    What was he supposed to do now?  He'd be damned if he would run back to them.  If they couldn't accept him the way he was then damn them to hell he thought!   He thought of Sunhye and of what a kind, generous person she was.   The fact that they could remain friends spoke volumes about her.  He had promised her he would always be there if she needed him and it was a promise he meant to keep.   This made him think of something else.  He had told her she could have the monies he had been saving for a honeymoon.  Maybe she could take a trip alone or with a friend to help recover from all this he had put her through.  It was a goodly sum but there was no one he wanted to give it to more than her.   As he considered this he thought maybe if he asked her to she would try to speak with his parents.   If they saw how she felt it might help them gain another perspective.   He wasn't sure if it was fair of him to ask her to do this but all she could do was say no.  If she didn't want to he certainly wouldn't hold it against her.      Her apartment was on his way back to the dorm so he decided to stop and see if she was home. 

It was almost five o'clock when he found himself ringing Sunhye's doorbell.   She peeked through the drapes and came to the door letting him in.  'Yukwon" she said "is something wrong why didn't you call first?" she asked.  He stepped into her apartment saying "I apologize for not calling I was on my way from my parents and wanted to give you something."   When he mentioned his parents she nodded her head asking "so how did that go?"     After he told her everything she nodded saying "I'm not surprised.  They talked for awhile and she asked him "do you want me to try talking to them?"   Yukwon looked at her saying "I know it's not fair to ask you to do this."   'I don't mind" she told him "that's why I asked you."      Yukwon took his checkbook out saying "I almost forgot my real reason for coming" and he wrote her out a check.  Handing it to her he said " that was our honeymoon money that I wanted you to have."  She looked at the check and gasped "Yukwon are you sure you want me to have all of this? You know I will talk to your parents in any case" she said.    "Sunhye I told you before this I wanted you to have it" said Yukwon "it's the least you deserve."   "Thank you" she said "I'll bring you a souvenir wherever I decide to go."   "Just make sure to have a good time you deserve it" he said.  As she walked him out she promised to speak to his parents during the week then call to let him know what happened.  

He continued the drive back and arrived just before seven.  When he walked in the first thing he did was to see where Minhyuk was.   He was in their now jointly shared bedroom working on his English lessons online.   When he saw Yukwon he took his headphones off.   Yukwon all of a sudden realized he was very hungry.  He had barely eaten breakfast then skipped lunch.  He had been hoping to fill up on his mother's cooking.   he asked Minhyuk "is there anything to eat here?"   Minhyuk told him "wait here, I'll go look."  When he came back he said "not a thing these guys here gobbled everything down."   Yukwon took his hands "I need to get a bite Kwonnie come with me and I'll update you on what happened."    "Of course baby" he said "let me grab my jacket."  He went to his previous room and when he came back Yukwon told him "you need to finally move everything into our room."   Minhyuk looked at him sideways saying "I was thinking I would keep my room for when we get mad at each other."   Yukwon grabbed him aound the waist "do you know what's going to happen when we get mad at each other?" he asked.   "No what will happen" Minhyuk asked.   "Well" said Yukwon "I am going to take that " and he grabbed his "that's right Bbomb's buns" he said "and I'm going to put Bbomb's buns over my knee and spank the out of them with a paddle until your buns are as red as your face is getting right now."  Minhyuk smacked his hands at him saying "God Kwonnie do you even know what you do to me?"   They both walked out of the dorm laughing then decided to eat at a small neigborhood restaurant where they had dined before.      Grabbing a table Yukwon ordered the bibimbap and Minhyuk just got tea.   Yukwon ate ravenously as he filled him in on everything that had happened.   "Damn Kwonnie I'm so sorry" he said. "I hope Sunhye is able to talk some reasoning into them."  "I hope so too" said Yukwon "in the meantime I wanted to ask you when do you intend to tell your family?"