I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

The next morning Yukwon had breakfast with all the guys around their big Block B kitchen table.  Then he lingered over another cup of coffee while reading the news online.   All the guys were there including Jiho.   He asked Jiho about the song he was writing for Bastarz and he told him the name of it was "Conduct Zero."  He said he had left the drafts at the studio but would show them to him tomorrow if he was interested. "You actually have the largest singing part in it" he told him.   He sat around playing video games and watching t.v until it was about two o'clock then went to get ready.   He decided to wear black pants and his button down shirt with a checkered sport coat and tie.   He stood in front of Minhyuk asking him "how do I look."    He grabbed him on the "you look good enough to eat" he exclaimed "let me have a bite."   Yukwon batted his hand away laughing "no touchee, no touchee."  Minhyuk handed him the bag with the box of candy in it.   Yukwon looked at himself in the mirror  "why do I feel like I'm going to face an executioner's squad?" he asked.   Minhyuk kissed him on the cheek "it will be over with before you know it and remember I'll be praying for you."     They walked outside together and Yukwon told him "please be here when I get back I don't know what kind of shape I'll be in.  Minhyuk gave his hand one last squeeze telling him "I'll be here waiting for you baby."

Yukwon got in his car to drive as his parents residence was about an hours drive outside of the city.   As he drove along he tried to comfort himself with the fact that no matter what happened today it was for his own good.   He was ready to live his own life not one that someone else expected him to.   He pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door carrying the bag.   When he went in the first thing he noticed were the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen,  He immediately knew his mother had cooked up his favorite foods.  Right as he had that thought she came bustling out of the kitchen wearing an apron.   Running over she grabbed him in a hug placing a big sloppy kiss on his cheek.  "Oh my Kwonnie I've missed you so much" she cried.  "Come in the kitchen and sit dinner is almost ready" she proclaimed as she dragged him in the kitchen.     He walked in and immediately spotted his father and his aunt Minseo who jumped up to hug him exclaiming "oh my you've grown so much!"   He reached over to shake his dad's hand asking him "isn't Namjoon coming?"   "He couldn't get off work today" shouted his mother.   Namjoon was his older brother who worked as a tutor.     His mother yelled over at him "where is Sunhye why didn't she come with you?"   Yukwon said carefully "part of what I need to tell you involves her.  You will understand when I tell you."    His mother was stirring sauces and said "my that sounds rather mysterious.  I hope it's nothing serious."     Again Yukwon repeated "you'll understand when I tell you."

He helped his aunt set the dining room table.  Then carried all the various dishes over placing them on it.  Yukwon felt a twinge of guilt when he saw that his mother had gone out of her way preparing his favorite foods.   Before the four of them sat down he handed the paper bag to his mom saying "I didn't forget about that sweet tooth of yours."  She reached inside bringing the candy out and screamed "oh my beautiful son you know me too well."   Then they sat down to a full table joining hands in the custom of saying a prayer before their meal.    Yukwon began to eat starting with the galbi which had always been his favorite the way his mom made it.   He was spooning some kimchi on his plate when his mother asked "so is everything planned for the wedding. When are you going to send out invitations?"  Yukwon stopped spooning food on his plate and looked at her saying "mom that's why I came her to let you know there isn't going to be any wedding."   She turned white as he was looking at her.  "What do you mean no wedding?" she stuttered.   All of a sudden everything came to a halt.  All three of them were staring at Yukwon.  "Yukwon what has happened between you and Sunhye?" asked his dad.  "And why at this late date. You seemed like the perfect couple."    Yukwon sat there trying to decide what to say next.   "I'm sorry to disappoint anyone" he began "but we've called everything off."     All three of them were now glaring at him like he was a criminal or something.   "What has brought this on?" asked his mom "there must be a reason."    Yukwon knew he had to get this over with.  He looked back at them saying "the reason is mine it has nothing to do with Sunhye."     "What are you talking about?" demanded his mother "I don't understand any of this. What could this reason possibly be?"   Yukwon sighed thinking here it comes " I need to tell you why but you aren't going to like it." he continued "before I tell you I want you to know I'm not doing this to hurt anyone and I wish it wasn't so but I can't deny my own self."     They were all looking at him like he had lost his mind as he continued speaking.  "The plain fact is I'm in love with someone else and the someone else happens to be a guy."   When he said this his mother dropped the dish she was holding and it splattered everywhere.  His father began to wail out loud.  If that wasn't bad enough his aunt started to cry.       

Yukwon didn't know what he had expected but it certainly wasn't this.  He went in the kitchen getting a sponge to clean up the spilled dish.   When he got back his parents were embracing each other crying on their shoulders.    He didn't know what to do so he just cleaned up the spilled, broken dish.   When he came back to the table his parents were looking at him and his dad said "son we can get you help--there is help for things like this."  Now he felt himself growing angry and yelled "don't you understand I don't need help I need your acceptance!"     None of them said anything to this and Yukwon yelled "I am what I am---I won't apologize for it. It seems like if Sunhye could accept it and she was the person who had the most to lose--then you could too."  They still had not spoken except for his mother to cross herself and say a prayer. Yukwon was not going to stay here like this.  He already felt like some kind of an exhibit at a freak show.   He stood up saying "you know where I am. If you want to talk to me you can get ahold of me,  Just know this--the wedding is off."   With that he stormed out getting in his car for the drive back.    He snuck a glance back as he was leaving to see that they were all just sitting there watching him leave.