Her effect

Seeking Happiness

Just a heads up! There is quite a bit of foul language in this chapter! And I'm really sorry that it's short, I'm trying to update every day but I worked for 12 hours today and I'm really tired... but I hope you all enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

Both took a seat on their thinking bench. Bora genuinely wanted to get to know him, but Wooyoung wasn't opening up. 

"So, what University do you study at?" 
Wooyoung scratched his head as he didn't really know how to answer because although he was enrolled in courses at a University, he never showed up to class. 
"Myeongji University."
Bora wrinkled her forehead. She went to the exact same University! There was no way they could only be meeting now.
"What?! Really? I go there too! How come I never see you?" 
"I never really show up to class. Plus, it's summer now. Who cares about school?" 
"Well, you still never told me why you came to the thinking bench yesterday." 
Wooyoung sighed as he clenched his fists. He decided to tell her, straight up. They did share a thinking bench, which meant a lot to him. "My mom passed away yesterday."
"Oh--omo, I'm so sorry to hear." 
"It's okay, I knew it was going to happen some day."
Taken aback by his response, she moved closer to him and placed her delicate hand on his thigh while looking at him. "Ani, it's not okay. You can't say that. I can tell from your expression that it's  not just okay.
He looked at her coldly. "You don't know me."
"But I would like to. Clearly we both have somethig going on which is why we needed our thinking bench."
Wooyoung hated how easily she could persuade him when they barely even knew each other. There was something to her, something that made her special, something that made him want to let her in. "Fine."
Bora looked at him and smiled warmly, letting him know that she would be there for him. "So, tell me. Tell me about yourself. Everything." 
"Everything?"
"Everything."
 
"My mom had cancer. The doctors always said she was doing fine so I never worried and just ed around. I was selfish and I couldn't even take care of my own mother until I watched her die right before my eyes. Before that, my sister committed suicide. She was and couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't save her. When I was younger, my deadbeat dad left us. See? Everything's ed up. I'm ed up." Wooyoung stared at the ground as he told her this. He wasn't one to talk about his past, especially since he wanted to forget it; he wanted to forget is so badly.
 
"It's not your fault." Bora whispered. She didn't know how to react so she wanted to pull him into a hug but he pushed her away. "Don't. I don't want your sympathy. I'm ed up, not pathetic." 
Bora was shocked at his reaction. He was strong, and she felt hurt. "I-I'm sorry... I just wanted to help you... You said--" He got up abruptly and looked her over. Her small frame looked microscopic compared to his height. "Just. Don't." He had never opened up to somebody that quickly. She had an affect on him and he wasn't sure if he liked it or not.