Alone

Seeking Happiness

"Bora, please come eat!"
Curled up in a ball under her blankets, Bora stayed silent.
"Bora-yah!" Still, no answer. Tiffany was getting quite worried. It's been 2 days and Bora has locked herself in her room, refusing to eat anything. Tiffany couldn't handle it anymore. "YOON BORA. YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Sighing, Bora got up and dragged her feet towards the door. Her fingertips graced the doorknob as she turned it, unwillingly opening the door. She was then ambushed with a hug. That's when the tears started to fall. Tiffany rubbed her on the back while reassuring her that everything will be okay. They stood there for 15 minutes as Bora continued to cry. She then spoke. "That's all I needed. Thank you." 

"Let's go for a walk to clear our minds, would you like that?" Tiffany asked, trying her best to cheer up her most beloved friend. "Can I just go by myself?" Bora just wanted to wander the streets by herself. "Of course, dear. Do whatever is needed." 

Bora cleaned herself up and walked out in a t-shirt and sweatpants, with her hair in a ponytail. She just didn't care anymore. Even with the love of her best friend, she still felt alone. As she roamed the streets, she felt a sense of emptiness, as if she didn't belong anywhere. Being heartbroken hurt her so much that it made her chest feel heavy, making it hard to breathe even though the air was refreshing. Everywhere she looked it reminded her of him.


Meanwhile...


The line went flat and he heard the loud beep that he was dreading. His world was spinning out of control. He screamed at the top of his lungs, begging her to stay as he squeezed her hands, holding them close to his face. He wanted nothing more than for her to be alive. "Eomma! Eomma, jebal! JEBAL!" Tears ran down his face as reality hit him. Cancer won, and he'll never get his mom back. Wiping his tears, he got up and slowly walked out.

The door opened and he ran in, throwing the keys to the side and jumping on the couch, laying there, replaying today's events. That's when the sadness turned into anger. "I couldn't save her." He repeated, over and over again. The anger then turned into disappointment. He could only blame himself. He was filled with regret. 

June 21, 2015
She was all I had left, now I have nobody. Nobody but myself. I should have listened to her, should have spent more time with her, taken care of her, loved her. Now she's gone and I'm all alone, forever.
Jang Wooyoung.