Unexpected

Seeking Happiness

"How was your date?" Bora and Tiffany asked this question to each other at the same time, as soon as they got into the car, causing them to burst into giggles. Again, they spoke at the same time. "Date? Aniya!" Tiffany pointed to herself to indicate that she would speak first. "I actually knew Nichkhun-ssi before today. She emphasized ssi to make it seem more formal. "We first met when we went to go eat sushi and he was our waiter, and then I noticed him around campus a few times before exams." Bora made an O shape with . "You think he's cute?" Tiffany's cheeks turned pink. "Yah, we're home." The girls quickly got their bags and ran inside the house as it started to rain. "You still never answered my question~" Bora teased. Tiffany stuck out her tongue at Bora, but eventually answered with a "Yes" causing Bora to squeal. "Eeeeeeek~! I'm gonna' start planning your marriage ASAP!" All Tiffany could do was shake her head at her hyper friend. "But what about you, hm?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow while smirking. "Honestly, fany, he's really good looking. But, he's really intimidating." 

 
Just then, Bora's phone rang. "Omo omo, it's Wooyoung." "Then what are you waiting for? Pick it up!!" 
"Y-yoboseyo?"
"Hey, it's Wooyoung."
"Heh, I noticed, I saw your name."
"I was calling because I accidentally gave you my bag with the cardigan in it, thinking it was part of your army of bags... I took one of yours by accident too. Can I come to drop it off?" 
She was caught off guard by how straight forward he was being. "Ohh, uh, we can always exchange them another time. It's raining right now."
"Seems fair, alright, text me." As soon as he hung up, he facepalmed for talking without a filter, yet again. His thoughts went straight fron his brain to his mouth. 
 
"Why did he call?" Tiffany looked at Bora with eyes full of curiosity. "Nothing much, just that he has one of my bags and I have his. Anyways, I'm going to sleep early tonight! So tired~" Bora yawned as she walked into the her room. "SARANGHAE TIFFANY!" She yelled as she closed the door, causing Tiffany to smile. 
 
Bora brushed her teeth and washed her face before changing into her favourite pajamas and jumping into her bed. She checked her phone and it read 9:37p.m, but it also showed a text, and not from someone that she was expecting. She sighed and sprawled out on her bed, wondering why she hadn't already blocked his number, or changed his name either. She repeatedly called herself a "babo" until she decided to read the text. 
 
"Hey, Bora. 
It's been a while since we last spoke and I would like to talk to you about what happened. I figured I would give you some time to think and it's almost been a week, so I'm hoping that it's been long enough. I would just like to explain to you and I'm hoping you'll be able to meet me some time so that we can have this conversation. 
 
From: Taecyeon Oppa♡"
 
Her heart felt heavy as she read the text. She couldn't stop the flashback, and she was in tears once again. She locked her phone, sliding it under her pillow as she weeped. No matter how hard she convinced herself, she was still hurt by this. Pulling her phone out from under the pillow, she checked the date; July 15. It caused her to let out a deep breath followed by cries. Today would have been their 6 month anniversary. He was her first boyfriend, first kiss, first everything and words could not describe the feeling of hurt and pain that she felt. It was as if her heart was legitimately breaking. She closed her eyes to think back to the happy events of today. She had a girls day out with Tiffany, followed by hanging out with Nichkhun and Wooyoung. She enjoyed herself today, she forgot about Taecyeon, and most importantly, she had fun. But it all came crashing down because of that one unexpected text message. She still loved him, and that's when she became angry. There is nothing to talk about! I clearly saw him cheating! She thought to herself. How can he just ruin my day like that? "Aish." She cursed.
 
Shaken from all the crying, Bora finally decided to reply to his text, expressing her true feelings. She made sure she changed his name to just plain "Taecyeon" before replying. 
 
"Taecyeon,
There's nothing to talk about, I saw everything. Stop wasting your time. ~Bora"
 
Bora soon fell asleep due to being tired from all the crying. 
 
Taecyeon checked his phone as soon as it vibrated, his eyes lighting up when he saw Bora's name, but his heart sinking when he read her reply. He wanted to be mature about the situation because he knew he was wrong, but Bora's response was really unexpected. He had never seen her be so cold towards him. She would never agree to meet with him, so he had to plan for a way to win her over again. 
 
 
THE NEXT MORNING
 
Taecyeon rang the doorbell at Tiffany and Bora's house. Before checking who was at the door, Bora ran to open it. Her eyes were still puffy from crying last night. Much to her surprise, she saw Taecyeon dressed up in a suit, with a giant bouquet of flowers in his hands. Bora's heart started to beat faster, as if it was going to jump out of her chest. She could feel her face burn and the tears come but she gulped and convinced herself to be strong. "T-t-t-taecyeon..." She stuttered before clearing . Just then, Wooyoung pulled into the driveway, parking his car right behind Taecyeon's. Wooyoung walked to Bora, handing her her bag. "Woooyoung... How unexpected..."