Change

Seeking Happiness

Bora sighed. She felt so overwhelmed with her best friend yelling at her ex boyfriend. She got up and ran into her room, proceeding to lay in fetal position on her bed under the blankets. She hugged her knees while taking deep breaths to try to calm down. Taecyeon ran in immediately to comfort her and Tiffany just sat on the couch, deciding to let them clear things up. He sat on the edge of her bed and pulled the blankets off her lightly, to try to find her. "Jagiya." He called. She shivered when she heard that word. After they had broken up, Bora thought she would never hear that word come out of his mouth again. His voice was soft, he didn't want to hurt her. "Please." 

 
She sat up, her back facing him. She couldn't look at him. "Talk." She said. That was the only word she could force. 
Taecyeon took a deep breath before explaining the whole situation. "She forced herself onto me. I never wanted her. She's crazy. She's always liked me and she threatened to hurt you if I was still with you. I did it for you. But in the end, I couldn't. You're all I can think about; you're all I want." His voice cracked as he spoke this last line. "My mom would be so proud of me if I brought you home." Bora turned to face him. "I don't know if I can believe you." There was no doubt that she still loved him, but she didn't know if she could trust him or not, she was far too hurt. He reached for her hand. "I know I make you happy, Bora. Why don't we try again?" She shook her head. "But Taec, you're also the one that hurt me the most."
 
Nichkhun had prepared a pep talk for Wooyoung. "You know, if you really like her, you should go for her. I think it's time you realize that just playing with girls isn't going to get you anywhere." Wooyoung sighed. He'd spent all his time playing with girls, smoking, drinking, doing all kinds of drugs when his mom was sick. The truth was that he wanted to leave that lifestyle behind; he wanted to change for his sister, and especially for his mother. He knew that they were watching him and that they would be proud of him. "You know what? Maybe. I mean, I'm not sure if I like her. Maybe I do. I don't know." Wooyoung was confused himself, he had never really liked a girl before. Sure, tons of girls liked him but he had no interest when it came to dating and feelings. He was scared of commitment, but he was willing to for Bora. "Hyung, I don't know." He was frustrated. Wooyoung hadn't known her for very long but he was infatuated with her. Seeing how Wooyoung has drastically changed in the past few days, it made Nichkhun happy that his best friend was making better life choices.
 
Taecyeon left and Tiffany and Bora sat in the living room, discussing the situation that had just happened. "I couldn't do it." Tiffany held Bora's hands tightly. "It's okay! You didn't have to!" Her words of encouragement didn't really help much. "Fany-ah, I think I'm gonna' go to the thinking bench." Tiffany nodded. "Do what you need to do." With that, Bora walked out of the house and started walking to her beloved thinking bench. Her eyes were still puffy, her hair messy, and she wore only a t-shirt and pajama shorts. She held her phone in her hand, fidgeting with it before deciding to call Wooyoung.
 
Wooyoung quickly picked up his phone when he heard it ring; his heart skipping a beat when he saw who was calling. He mouthed the words "It's Bora!" to Nichkhun when he asked who it was. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" 
"Hey... could you come to the thinking bench?" 
"Yeah, i'll be there soon."
 
He hung up and quickly grabbed his things to leave. "Hyung, gotta' go!" Nichkhun winked at him as a sign of "Good luck" and "Have fun!"
 
She ran up to hug him as soon as he was in sight. He liked the feeling of her arms around his neck, wrapped tightly but not too tight that he couldn't breathe. Their warm bodies pressed together made Wooyoung's heart rate increase. He even awkwardly put his arms around her waist to comfort her. She eventually let go and they sat on the bench. "So... tell me, what happened after I left?"
 
"He explained what happened the day I caught him cheating and then he asked for another chance. But I couldn't. I just... I..." She burst into tears at this point. Seeing her cry made Wooyoung feel like absolute ; and that was the only way he could describe it. He couldn't help the only two women he had ever loved; his sister and his mother. Now, there's Bora, and he can't comfort her either. She quickly wiped her tears and started sniffling to try and stop crying. "You don't have to tell me if it's going to make you cry." She shook her head. "I really need to get this out." She shifted her position to lay down on the bench with her head in his lap. "You don't... mind, do you... oppa?" Again, Wooyoung felt as if his heart would beat out of his chest. He shook his head. "It's fine, as long as it makes you feel better." 
Wooyoung wasn't good with words, so he wasn't sure if what he said was right or wrong. He had never cared for a girl's feelings before, they were just his toys but he has decided to let that life go all just for Bora.