The Meeting

Seeking Happiness
She sat at a bench, closing her eyes and just listening. Listening to the sound of the traffic, the sound of the distant waves in the ocean, the sound of people talking. She was surrounded by people, yet she felt so alone. As if she was stuck in time. It wasn't until she felt the weight of someone else sitting onto the bench that she snapped back into reality. The two strangers stared at eachother, then looked away. They sat in silence as their thoughts took over.
 
Wooyoung stared at the scenery in front of him, the waves crashing onto the shore. It brought back memories of his mother, as she loved going to the beach, especially when he was younger. It wasn't the first time that he had lost a loved one, and that's what hurt most.
 
Bora's thoughts were interuppted when a random man sat in between her and Wooyoung. "Hey, sweetie" he said as he put his arm around her and lay his other hand on her thigh. She shifted uncomfortably and gulped. Her forehead became sweaty and she screamed, trying to push him off. "GET. AWAY. FROM. ME!!!" The man wouldn't budge. Wooyoung turned his head to see the scene right before his eyes. He knew he had to do something. 
 
"Yah. What kind of man are you? She said to get away. Leave." Wooyoung grabbed the man's wrist, tightly holding onto it as he stared at the man, his eyes filled with rage. The man scurried away as he apologized.
 
Shooken by what had just happened, Bora stuttered as she spoke. "W-wow... thank you, thank you so much." Wooyoung nodded his head. "I-I really owe you, please allow me to thank you properly." He refused. "It's what I had to do, no worries." Bora wouldn't let up. "So... what brings you here?" Wooyoung was actually getting annoyed by her, all he wanted to do was sit in peace, yet this girl would not stop talking to him. Sighing, he decided to reply. "I come here whenever I need to get my mind off things." He stared at his feet, unable to make eye contact with her. "Oh, cool, same." Then, there was silence. The two sat there, the sound of cars, waves, and voices in the background consuming them. There wasn't anything left to say.
 
The sun was setting and Bora decided to go. 
"Before, I leave, please allow me to properly thank you by taking you out for a meal some time." Wooyoung refused. "I had to do the right thing." Bora handed him her phone, waiting for him to put his contact information in. He gave in and gave put his name and number. "It's getting dark, I'll give you a ride." Bora nodded.
 
They got in his car. The ride to her house was quiet. She thanked him for his generosity and he waited for her to get in the house before driving off.