Chapter 11: Another Pencil

Graphite Love

“Auntie, what is your relationship with my father?” Jungkook asked.

“Huh? You…. know?” Hyori stopped walking.

“I just wanted to confirm it. So he really left you for the money.” Jungkook look’s angry.

“It’s not like that Jungkook. Your father, he is a really nice guy.” Hyori tried to calmed him.

“It’s true; he really is a good guy. But he always dreams big. We loved each other so much but sometimes in life you have to choose, and he did not choose me. He chooses a brighter future.” Hyori said.

“He can just be happy with you!” Jungkook said.

“That’s true. But his happiness is not everything. He needs to think of his family, your grandfather decision, his future family and everything. If he chooses me, he will not receive anything from his father. It’s already in the past Jungkook. ” Hyori wiped her tears and walked inside her house.

Jungkook still looked angry.

……

“Bomi! Where are you?” Jungkook searched in his house but cannot find that girl.

……

“Hayoung, I need to go now. I’ll leave Jungkook to you. Maybe I’ll be back in a few weeks.” Hayoung turned around but cannot find Bomi. It is her voice but she is nowhere to be found.

……

That night Hayoung realised that her mother is really quiet. When she open the window of her room, the lights in his room is already turned off.

Hayoung take out the paper planes from her diary and read it again. Jungkook still did not fulfil the second promise to go out with her with her wearing the white dress. And for the third plane, it will not happen soon.

Hayoung were deep in thought that night. Then she took out the pencil and tries to draw something. It doesn’t look anything like what Jungkook it’s not too bad for her level.

……

“Hey Jungkook, Morning!” Hayoung said cheerfully.

“Woaahh! What’s with your eyes?” Jungkook were shocked when he saw her face.

“What??” Hayoung touch her eyes. Actually, she spend the night drawing and when she realised the time, it is already the time for their morning exercise.

“It’s so red. Looks like it’s gonna bleed. Did you not sleep last night?” Jungkook asked.

“hehe. Anyways let’s go.” Hayoung said even though she felt really tired.

“Nope, you’re going up and sleep. I’ll wake you up after I finished my exercise. You’ll faint if you don’t sleep. Now go up.”

“Nah, I’m okay.” Hayoung tried to start jogging but Jungkook grab her arm. Unbalance, she falls.

Jungkook caught her and for a moment, maybe longer, they stare at each other while she was in his arm.

“Jungkook, I’ll go up.” Hayoung said.

“okay.”

……

When he finished his exercise, he go to wake Hayoung. When he enters the house, Mr Jaesuk just left for his work. Mrs Hyori is washing the dishes. After getting permission from Mrs Hyori, Jungkook went into Hayoung’s room.

When he enters the room, he saw Hayoung is still sleeping soundly. He looks around her room and saw the paper plane on her table. When he walks to the table, he saw the drawings. Many of them. He cannot interpret many of the drawing.

Picking up one of the paper, he heard a sound of pencil dropping onto the floor. He still remembered that pencil. The one he gave to her.

“Jungkook, you’ve done exercising?” Hayoung is awake.

“You draw these?” Jungkook asked.

“Noooo. Don’t look at them.” Hayoung jump from her bed and tried to take it from Jungkook but he dodge her.

Hayoung and Jungkook run around the room.

“why? This is good.”

“Really?” Hayoung stopped running.

“Though I can’t really able to understand what are you drawing, but at least you tried.” Jungkook said.

Then Jungkook and Hayoung sit down and Hayoung explain what she drawn that night.

They didn’t realise the time when they talked about the drawing. Jungkook comments and give advice to her until…

“Hayoung, come down for breakfast, you’ll be late for school!” Hyori  shouted.

“Oh no!” Both of them say at the same time.

……

The class has already started when they arrive. When they opened the door, they saw all people are looking at them. Hayoung is never late for school and Jungkook, although he is new, still never been late for any classes.

“Now what we got here? Lovebirds late for school together?” Mr Sukjin asked.

“Sorry Mr Sukjin. I’ll never be late again.” Hayoung said.

“Alright, get to your seat fast. The movie is starting.”

……

When the movie is at the ( and the class are dead asleep), Jungkook tossed a pencil with a note attached to it. But in the darkness of the class, Hayoung cannot read the note.

……

Jungkook was walking into the locker room when he heard a voice.

“Told you that she is the one.”

He knew the voice, Bomi. Jungkook searched for her but cannot find her. When searching for her, Jungkook saw a bus arriving at the school yard. He recognize the bus and.

His principal, coach and Changjo is there waiting for them. When the team went down from the bus, Jungkook felt the fear.

And there he is, JIMIN.

……

Hayoung opened the note and read.

‘All things are difficult before they become easy’

PS: this should help you draw. Tomorrow wear the white dress, I’ll bring you somewhere.

It was a HB graphite pencil.

…….