Chapter 8: Plan

Graphite Love

It’s been weird at home lately for Hayoung. Mr Jaesuk always ask about Jungkook and her mother is always quiet not like herself. She just thought that her mom and dad were having a misunderstanding, so she hope they will be ok after a few days.

It’s the last day of Jungkook’s camp, Hayoung really wanted to meet Jungkook and ask about the last paper plane. After class, she stayed because she is on duty to clean the class. Mina, Hwaryoung and Dasom already went home. Hyeri waited to go home with her.

“Hey Hayoung, about that studio, where exactly is the place?” Hyeri asked.

“At the store. Just at the end of the second floor.” Hayoung answered.

“Let’s visit the place. I really wanted to see his work.” Hyeri said.

“Hmmm… I never been in the room since a few weeks. He is not here. It will be like we are invading his property.”

“Nahh, it’s the school store. He cannot stop us. When he decided to used that place, he must have thought that the place will always have visitors. Come on, you wanted to go there too, right?” Hyeri persuaded Hayoung.

……

“It’s not locked.” Hayoung said when she pushed the door.

“Of course, only the guards and teacher have the keys.” Hyeri said.

When they entered the room, Hayoung saw many things changes from the last time she went there. The room was still filled with drawings and paintings. But there was something new there on the wall. The once white wall now has something on it. A back view of a girl. The drawing was so big that it covered a large area of the wall. Jungkook must have used a chair to draw the hair.

“Wow, he’s crazy but he might got into trouble with this. This is vandalism.” Hyeri joked.

Hyeri walked and look at some of Jungkook’s drawing. Then Hyeri stand in front of the wall for a long time.

Hayoung meanwhile just flipped the sketch book randomly and saw many animals in there.

“Hey Hayoung! Come here.” Hyeri said as she bend her knee to see something.

“What?”

“Look at this. Something’s written here.” Hyeri pointed at some initials written under the drawing.

H.-A.S.

“H-AS??” Hayoung asked Hyeri.

“I don’t know. Just ask him later. But when I look at this girl, it seems like I’m really familiar with this girl. I’ve seen her braid somewhere before.” Hyeri said.

“Ask me what?” Jungkook was standing at the door.

“JUNGKOOK!” Hayoung scream. Hyeri just smiled.

“You’re back. Who is this?” Hyeri asked.

“Just someone from my past.” Jungkook said.

“But why did I felt like I’ve seen her before.” Hyeri added.

“Maybe she is from your past as well.” This time Jungkook also smiled.

Then Jungkook take out a paper plane from his bag and throw it. Hayoung catches the plane.

“Don’t open it yet.” Jungkook leave.

……

“I think I will need a new watch. Your watch has really beautiful design. Where did you get it?” Dasom asked Mina.

“From Changjo’s father.” Mina answered.

“Ohhh, must be too expensive for me.” Dasom sighed.

“Mina! Dasom! Wait!” Hwaryoung run towards them when they already reached the school gate. Suddenly her books fell out from her bag.

Luckily someone catches the books before it fell into the drain. That boy is Changjo who is still in his sportswear.

“Be careful Hwaryoung. You’ll need to rewrite all the notes if it falls in the drain.” Changjo walk behind Hwaryoung and put the book inside Hwaryoung backpack and zipped it properly.

“Thanks.” Hwaryoung blushed when Changjo walk away.

“Hi Mina. I’m sorry for what happened that night. That will not happen again.” Changjo smiled.

Changjo walked outside and entered the car that already been waiting for him.

“Wow, that’s the first time he talks to me. He’s more charming than anybody I’ll ever saw in my life.” Hwaryoung said.

“Agreed. Why don’t you like him, Mina?” Dasom asked.

“He has that talent to make everyone impressed with him.” Mina said slowly.

At that time Jungkook, Hyeri and Hayoung was already near them and saw what had happened.

“I don’t understand him, how can he be such a gentleman and sometimes such a cold-hearted?” Hayoung asked.

“You never saw the real side of him yet. He is actually really kind.” Jungkook said with a smiled thinking about old times.

Hyeri did not said anything. But only Jungkook realised the tears in her eyes. When Hayoung walks forward, Jungkook handed a handkerchief to her.

“Don’t cry. Gandhi once said, ‘when there is love, there is life.’ He’ll be back. I’ll bring him back. The old him is not dead yet.” Jungkook said and followed Hayoung. Hyeri hold back her tears and wipe all that has come out.

……

“Jungkook, why did you seem not as cheerful as always?” Hayoung gathered her courage to say that.

“You realised? I guess I’m no good in hiding my emotions at all. Hayoung, let’s go to the park.” Jungkook pointed to the park they always went after their morning exercise.

Hayoung just followed Jungkook. Then she saw a man selling ice cream. Jungkook realise that Hayoung is looking at the man.

“Want it?” Jungkook asked. Hayoung smiled and nodded. She forgot to bring her purse to school today.

……

After getting one ice cream each, Jungkook sit on a bench there and just watch Hayoung eating.

“Don’t just sit there, your ice cream is melting.” Hayoung said. She realise that Jungkook was looking at her and her ear turns red.

“This is also yours.” Jungkook said.

“What? I’ll get fat if I eat both.”

“That’s better. Chubby girl is cute. Your cheek will be soo fluffy to play with.” Jungkook said playfully. Then he suddenly wipe the ice cream on Hayoung cheek with his thumb.

Hayoung don’t know how red her face is that time but her heart is beating so fast and loud that she will be shocked if Jungkook did not hear it. He stares into her eyes for a moment but Hayoung cannot blink when hee stares like that. There is a voice in her head controlling her big eyes to stare back into his blank eye.

“You can just tell me.” Hayoung said when she realise what happens.

“Haha. Finish the ice cream.” Jungkook said when he stand up and walk to the vending machine and buy two juice.

When he come back he looks at Hayoung and smiled again.

“Did you do it on purpose or you really want me to wipe it again. This time I’ll use my lips.” Jungkook whispered into her ears. Her cheek is full of ice cream. She quickly wipe it with a tissue.

“Yahh. ert!!” Hayoung screamed.

……

“So what happened?” Hayoung asked.

“Hmmmm… It’s not really a big deal. Our school will has a friendly match against my old school.” Jungkook said.

“Okaay, but why did you not feel happy. It must be good meeting old friends.” Hayoung said.

“It will be nice if nothing ever happens…

Jungkook tell Hayoung what had happen before but he left Bomi out of the story.

“Why don’t you play in that game?” Hayoung asked.

Jungkook did not answered.

“it’s okay if you don’t want to answer. If you feel like telling someone, just throw the plane. Something in the past cannot be repeated but you must be brave as a man must take responsibility of what he had done.” Hayoung said. “But you’re not alone, I’ll always support you. Even if they hate you, they was once your friend so don’t worry. They’ll forgive you.”

“You sound like me when we first met.” Jungkook said with a smile.

……

“I plan all of it.” Jungkook said.

“She must not be in your plan, right? She’s a really a good girl.” Bomi smiled and sit on the bench where Hayoung sat a while ago.

“She might just ruin it all.” Jungkook face looks depressed.

“That’s what you think. I think she is the one that will make your dreams come true.” Bomi kissed his cheek and leave.

……