Chapter 19: Something That I have Lost

Graphite Love

After a few days, Jungkook finally are able to move without using the crutches. He still can't run but everyday he will attend the training. Hayoung realised that Jungkook aree beecoming more gloomy and did not even talk if not asked. She also realise that Jungkook always stared at her.

"Jungkook, what are you doing after class today?" Hwaryoung asked Jungkook before the last class of the day.

"Nothing. There is no training today so maybe I'll just go home." Jungkook answered.

"Good, comee join us. We are going to the movie today." Dasom invited Jungkook.

"Nooo. Let him go home." Sungjae appeared from behind when Dasom invited Jungkook.

Hyeri push Sungjae out of the way as she is going back from the toilet to her seat.

"Yah Sungjae! You go home. Let's go Jungkook. The more the merrier." Hyeri said.

"Hayoung, asked him to come." Suddenly Hwaryoung said to Hayoung.

"What?? Why me??" Hayoung panicked.

"He'll go if you bring him." Dasom added.

"Yaahh! Don't come Jungkook. I want to have fun with these girl. If you come they all will only give attention to you." Sungjae said.

"Wow, you're really honest." Jungkook smiled. " Okay I'll go." 

"Yah, after I give you the reason not to go??" Sungjae asked.

"Actually that's the reason I must go." Jungkook replied.

"Look, he will only agreed when we said your name." Dasom whispered to Hayoung and the girls.

"Noo. He just want to have fun." Hayoung said.

Mina just look at them without saying anything.

......

"Where are you all going??" Someone asked.

Changjo is there walking behind them when they were waiting for the bus outside the school.

"Hi Changjo, we'ree going to the cinema. Want to come along??" Dasom asked.

"I don't know. I have music class today." Changjo said.

"Just let him go home. He will not like it hanging around with us. Not his standard." Hyeri said.

"Yah, what are you saying Hyeri? Mina's here. Changjo must have wanted to come if not because of his class." Hwaryoung said.

"Wait a minute, I think I can cancel the class. It's been a long time since I have watched a movie." Changjo said.

"Yah, another man?" Sungjae arrive at the bus stop with Jungkook.

Jungkook just smiled at Changjo.

......

There were eight of them so Sungjae, Dasom and Jungkook went to but the popcorn and tickets while the other just loiter around.

"Changjo, did you like, really, never boarded a bus before??" Sungjae asked.

"Actually, yes. I only have been in our school bus and never tried the normal station bus. That's my first experience." Changjo answered.

"Wow! I expected it but I never thought that you really haven't once paid to get on a bus. Guess you don't have to because you have your driver get you anywhere." Hwaryoung said.

"He's just rich. That doesn't meant that he havee tried everything. There's many thing money can't buy." Hyeri said.

"Hey guys, come on help me carry these." Sungjae come with his hand holding popcorns and drinks.

......

Inside the theatre, Jungkook saw Changjo looking at Hyeri and Mina. As he was sitting beside Changjo, he whispered.

"I just remembered how we used to watch movie together before." He said.

"That was th good old time. But we'v grown up now." Changjo seem to realise what Jungkook is up to.

"Does this means that you will give up on her and stay with Mina. That's good. Make Mina happy. She deserves it." Jungkook added.

"Who said that I will give up on her? I'll go get her when I've got all the power I need." Changjo said.

"You act like Yonghwa. But in the end, she lose her woman and hurt your sister." Jungkook replied.

"That's his mistake. I'll win against my father and get her." Changjo whispered.

"Hey guys, go talk somewhere else." A man said behind them. Both of them stay silent after that.

When the movie is over, Hwaryoung, Sungjae, Dasom and Mina went to the cosmetics section of the mall. Hayoung and Hyeri did not follow them as they were hungry. They went to the fast-food restaurant with Jungkook and Changjo.

"Hey Changjo, go get the food. The man must do it." Jungkook said.

"How about you go??" Changjo replied.

Jungkook smiled and pointed at his feet.

"Ahh, I think I walk too much today that my feet is hurting again." Jungkook pretend to massage his feet.

Changjo look around and try to find something. Hayoung and Hyeri didn't know what is he looking for.

"You really forgot everything?? In this kind of restaurant, you go get the food at the counter. Are you really that dumb? That's why I say go get the food." Jungkook smiled when he said that. Looks like he's waiting a long time to do that to Changjo. Changjo glared at Jungkook but still get up to get the food.

"Hyeri go help him carry the food. Don't worry he'll pay. He got a lot of money." Jungkook added.

Hyeri looks at him confused. How can Jungkook be so brave today againts Changjo? She walks to the counter.

"Jungkook, Changjo glared at you? didn't you feel scared." Hayoung asked.

"Nah, that's not the real glare. He can do better. And by the way, that's not Changjo you know. That's how he is a few years ago. Look." Jungkook pointed at the counter.

Hayoung saw something weird. That's not confident Changjo she used to see. He seem nervous and he always steal glances at Hyeri.

"Wait a minute, what's the relationship of those two?" Hayoung asked.

"Hyeri never tell you?? Hyeri is his first love.." Jungkook answered.

"Whaat??" Hayoung was shocked hearing that.

......

The others join theem there and they eat lunch together. Changjo is back to his intimidating form when he is no longer alone with Hyeri.

"Thanks for today. I think I learn many things today." Changjo expressed his gratitude.

"we're not coming here to learn anything Changjo, we just come to have fun." Dasom said.

"But still, I learn how to board the bus and order food. Thank you." Changjo said and leave. Mina just look at him sadly.

"I'll go with him. Bye guys." Jungkook said.

"Yah Jungkook be careful with your feet." Hayoung said.

"Changjo is not that bad, right? Hee's not arrogant or anything I've imagined." Hwaryoung said.

"Yah, I'm better." Sungjae said.

......

"I think I know what you really want to say to them?" Jungkook said when he catch up and walks beside Changjo.

"And what do you think I want to say??" Changjo asked.

"Thanks guys for giving me a break from my boring life. Giving me thee chance to look at Hyeri a little longer and talk to her. Thanks for bringing back all the good memories. Thanks for bringing me back something that I have lost long time ago." Jungkook said.

Changjo stopped walking.

"What are you really up to?" Changjo asked. Jungkook smile and turn to face Changjo.

"You really want to know?" Jungkook asked. Changjo did not answer.

"I think it's timee for me to fix everything. When I left the town, many thing happen. To you, my brother and myself. I never really caree about all of it until I learn the truth. So I must fix everything before it is too late. I'm going to make you love her likee crazy again. I'll save Mina, your sister and Hayoung. I'll do anything." Jungkook answer.

"Before it is too late? I think it is too late now. Nothings can be fix anymore." Changjo said.

"You've been hurt by this life Changjo. But that's actually good for you. Sometimes you must be hurt to know, fall to grow, lose to gain. As through it all you will learn to heal yourself and the scars will only be the sign that you've survived it all." Jungkook said.

"You know, I think whatever you're doing is not going to work. look at your brother and me. We all will come to the timee wheen we will have to choose wisely." Changjo said.

"The things about wise is that, you and my brother didn't make the wise choice. So I will fix it. I'll make the right choice." Jungkook replied.

"You're too confident. You still don't know how scary they can be." Changjo said.

"I still don't face it so I will be a fool to fear something I never once faced in my life." Jungkook said.

"Okay let's see what you can do. How you can bring the happy ending to this pathetic story." Changjo challenged.

"Actually it is not about the happy ending. It's just about the story."