Chapter 4: Paper Plane

Graphite Love

Jungkook stopped taking the painkiller when his condition becomes better. But he still carry the painkiller in his bag in case anything happens.

“Okay class, I have divided you into your teams. So hand in the assignment before 12 afternoon on Thursday. Here is the group. Okay class dismiss.” Mr Sukjin went out.

“Okay guys I’ll read the group. Quit please. First group…” Hyunsik as the class president read out the names.

“…Third group, Sungjae, Hayoung,”

Sungjae punched the air and whispered “YESS”

“Jungkook,”

“NOOO” this time he did not whispered it but say it out loud. Jungkook just smile at him.

“Hyeri, Mina. Next group….”

“….Okay class, Mr Sukjin asked us to do the assignment as Mr Gary will be a little late.” Hyunsik walk back to his seat.

“Mr Gary  is always late.” Dasom complained.

Hayoung, Mina and Hyeri gathered around Jungkook table. Sungjae call them to gather around his table but they refused. He reluctantly walked there.

They were far from done when Mr Gary arrived.

……

“Okay, where are we going to do the assignment?” Hyeri asked.

“My room is too small for all of us.” Hayoung said.

“My house is a little bit too far.” Sungjae is always late for school as he liv farther than many of them. There were other school but he insisted to go to the same school as Hayoung.

“You can come to my house.” Mina said slowly.

“Or you can just come to my house. I live alone.” Jungkook said.

“Yeah I never had been in your home yet.” Hyeri said.

……

They were walking to Jungkook’s home when Mina get a call and need to go back to her home.

When they arrived, Hayoung realised that there are an unfamiliar car in front of Jungkook’s home. Jungkook also look at that car but he looks relaxed.

Then a man in suits come out of that car.

“Hi brother. It’s been a long time.” That man said to Jungkook.

“Hello brother. Nice to meet you again. Meet my brother, Mr. Yonghwa. Sorry guys, I think you need to do the assignment first without me and Mina.”

“Your brother? you mean, the owner of that room..” Jungkook quickly put his hand on Hayoung mouth. Sungjae pull Jungkook’s hand and said, “What are you doing touching her?”

“Yes the owner of that room, Miss..” Yonghwa said.

“Hayoung.” Hayoung answered him. Somehow he had the same aura as Changjo.

“Yes Miss Hayoung, that Pitch Perfect room. Tonight we’re having a dinner at Changjo’s house. Important. You must come. Not an option.” Yonghwa said looking at Jungkook.

“Changjo’s? So that’s why Mina need to go home.” Jungkook said.

“Okay, I’ll meet you again Hayoung, and friends..” Yonghwa entered his luxury car and left.

“Let’s just do it tomorrow. I promise no more interruptions. If my brother come personally, I think I really don’t have any other options.” Jungkook said.

Hyeri did not say anything at all after that meeting. He just look at Yonghwa like the way he stare at Changjo. Jungkook realise that Yonghwa also stare at Hyeri differently.

……

Hayoung P.O.V.

I’m so boring because the group assignment was cancelled so I just scribble something in my notebook. While scribbling, I just realise that I was using the pencil he gave me.

I stand up and went to the window. When I open the window, I saw that his window is closed. Where did he go? It’s still early to go for the dinner.

I walk to my table and started reading a book. But then I heard the creaking sound. He opened his window. So he’s home.

I was just about to walk to the window again when a paper plane flew into my room.

                                DO YOU WANT TO COME WITH ME?

 WE CAN GO TO THE DINNER. MINA’S THERE TOO.

When I read that I run to the window. He’s there smiling like a little boy. He’s waving at me.

“Hi Hayoung, so how’s your answer?”

“I don’t know, I need to ask my mother and father first..”

“Done. I has asked your parents earlier. Can you just move a bit.” Jungkook said and then jump into the room. Then without asking he open the door and walk downstairs.

“Mr Jaesuk, about what I asked you earlier, your daughter wants your confirmation.” Jungkook asked my father.

“Oh, if you have done your homework you can go.” Mr Jaesuk said.

“Okay, let’s go.”  Jungkook said.

“Now? like this?” I am just wearing a t-shirt.

“Jungkook, I am just wearing a t-shirt now. And it’s too early for dinner.”

“That’s why we need to go now. The movie will be starting soon.” Jungkook went inside another unfamiliar car outside his house. I just follow him.

“Okay uncle, to the cinema.” Jungkook said to the driver.

“Cinema?”

“Yes, we need some entertainment before going to the hell.” Jungkook smile.

……

“It’s still early now.” I said when we finished watching AntMan.

“Let’s eat first then we’ll go there.” Jungkook said.

“But we’ll going to the dinner.”

“Nah, you’ll not be able to really eat there. We need to eat properly first.” Jungkook entered a restaurant.

……

“Okay now we’ll go there.” Jungkook said.

“Like this?” I look at myself and him. We’re both wearing t-shirt, jeans and slippers. We look like we’re just going to the market.

“Of course not like this.” He held my hand and walk into a boutique.

“Choose a dress. After this we’ll go for make-up.” Jungkook said.

“Choose?” I am a little bit confused.

“Yes. Choose. I’ll pay. Hey can you help her with her dress. I need to get my suits. Wait for me to come back. Choose properly.” Jungkook walk outside and disappear.

“So miss, which one do you like.” A lady asked me.

“Can we wait for him first.” I said.

Actually I don’t really understand what he is saying. Choose? The price is scary. I think even if I combine my entire clothes price I can just buy one dress here.

So I just take a look at some of the dresses. All of them is beautiful.

“Done choosing?” Jungkook then appeared. “Wait, why don’t you pick any dress yet?”

“Jungkook, how can I just pick? The price is too much.”

“No worries. I just have to swipe this card.” Jungkook flash a credit card.

“But you said you want to be independent.”

“This time it’s okay to use it because we’re going to their dinner. So their dinner, their money. Now just choose. Don’t look at the price.” Jungkook said confidently.

Only then I started to look at the dress carefully. I then look at a really beautiful white dress.

“White? If you wear this I think my father will make us marry tonight.” He laughed.

Hearing him say that I quickly choose a blue dress.

“This one, okay. Try it. Take the white one also.”

He put the white dress into my arm when I’m going into the fitting room.

“I’ll take both.” Jungkook said to the lady.

……

He left me at the salon and then come back fully dressed. In a charcoal black suit, he looks so perfect.

“We’re going to be late. Is it not done yet?” He asked the lady that is doing my make-up.

“She’s already pretty so if you want her quickly I’ll just do it lightly.” The lady said.

“I’ll wait outside.” He left me there.

……

Hayoung.P.O.V. end..\

 

When I walk outside, he was sketching something in the notebook.

“You really bring it everywhere. Wow, it’s the first time your drawing is not scary.” Hayoung said when she looks at the bird he draw.

“Wow, so pretty.” He don’t know how long he stare. A minute, an hour, a day, but he only thought that he was looking at an angel.

“You said we’ll be late.” Hayoung said when she realise that he was staring at her.

“Oh okay, but something is not right.” Jungkook said again.

“I know, my slippers.” Hayoung show her feet.

“Oh, let’s go there fast. Pick quickly.”

……

“Where is the white dress?” Hayoung asked when she did not see the dress in the car.

“I send it to your house. Okay now I’m going to say this. Sorry for taking you into this thing. This will be the worst 1 hour of your life. I promise I’ll try to get you out as fast as possible.” Jungkook looks serious.

“Why? It’s a dinner. How bad could it be?” Hayoung said.

“For yourself, it will be hard for you. But it will be harder for what you will hear and see. Whatever happens, speak what you want and please just be yourself. I’ll be close to you and Mina will also be there.” For whatever reason Jungkook looks worried.

……