Pencil

Graphite Love

-School-

The teacher is coming in late today. We are scattered all around the class chatting with our friends. Some were studying. The boys were playing with a small ball. It was always like that when the teacher come in late. Then we saw him coming, all of us run back to our seat and the class begin.

The History class were always boring and today was not excepted. The homeroom teacher, Mr Sukjin was good to hear when he was only talking or instructing but when he give the lectures, many will fall and sometimes I also will fall alongside my comrades in the class. 

"Wake up everyone, we got 15 minutes left but I have a meeting with the Director. And tomorrow you will be having your career talk. So I'll put the name here. Check your turn and don't miss the meeting." He was at the door when he stopped and said.

"Well next week your class will be having a school trip..."

"Whoa, Where?"

"We'll decide in the meeting later. Okay, I'll go first." He walk away.

"Ahhhhh, please let us go somewhere nice this time. I don't want to go to the cave again." Mina, my best friend said.

"Agreed. Somewhere like beach or the mountain will be nice." Dasom said and many girls agreed.

"Yah, the cave was great! Perhaps this time we'll get to mountain. I've heard Mr Sukjin talk with Mr Jongkook yesterday. But the beach will be really nice." Ricky said and turn to his friend.

"Whoaa, beach is the best place to go nowadays." Hyunsik agreed.

"Yeah, swimsuit, bikini everywhere..." Sungjae said.

"Yah! ert." Joy shouted.

While everyone was thinking about the trip, I was wondering about the career talk. My turn will be after the trip.

"Hayoung, what are you thinking about?" Mina asked.

"Mina, what do you want to be in the future?" I asked her.

"Oh, about the career talk, I think I wanted to work with my sister at the flower shop. She will open a new store so maybe when I finished college I'll just work there. I don't really think about what to learn in college though. Why are you asking?"

"Hwaryoung, how about you?" I asked.

"I'm going to be a model. Last week I had a uniform photoshoot. The director said that next week I'll get another photoshoot. Before I was just trying but now I'm sure that I want to be serious. I'll take Fashion Design. I've always wanteed to learn fashion." She was skinny, she has all the curves needed and she already have some experience. I envy her.

"All of you know what you'll be but I know nothing about what I will be." I sighed.

"Don't worry, you've got good grades so you'll be fine in university and get a good job, marry me whn I'm rich and live happily ever after." Sungjae said from behind me.

"Yah! don't interrupt girls talk." Hwaryoung said to him.

"Sungjaee, go back to sleep." Mina patted his shoulder.

"I'm going to the library. Need to return the books." 

"Okay, meet us at the cafe." Mina said.

.....

It decided that we'll be going to the mountain. I've already almost forgotten about the career talk until we're on the bus.

"Yahh. Mr Sukjin said I'm not qualified to S university. My grades are too average. He said that I'll have to think of another university and meet him again. Whoaa, it sure is hard to get in the university." Minhyuk talk to his friend at the back of the bus and I'v overheard them. He meets Mr Sukjin yesterday for the career talk. Aftr that I keep on thinking about the career talk. 

"Why are you making that face again?" Sungjae asked.

"Hmm, Nothing." 

"One thing I've known after 8 years with you, when you make that face, you need to go to the library, but today there are no library. Come on talk to me. We're supposed to have fun today." He asked again slowly as he don't want to wake Mina that is sleeping beside me.

"Just about the career talk..."

"Again? Haha. You just go and ask Mr Sukjin. He'll help you. He's really good at this. Nah, don't think about it today, when you meet him then you think about it. Today just have fun." He said and pushed my forehead. I smiled. He knew me for too long so I can't even lied to him.

......

-Mountain-

"Whoaa. soo refreshing." Mina said as we reached the top of the mountain. It was tiring climbing up but the view and the air there make us forgot about the tiresome climb.

"Okay everybody come take the food. There's cafe there if you want more food. You have one hour here. You can go to the straight this road and found a side with the best view for picture. There are some shop selling souvenir. If you want to taste th local specialities, You need to walk till the end of the road and find an old store. Other activities also available. Okay I'll give you extra time. 2 hours. You need to rest your foot also." Mr Sukjin said.

"We don't really need to rest, Sir. You need to rest. Haha." Sungjae shout from behind.

"I want to take picture after eating." Mina said.

"Me too." Hwaryoung joined.

"Agreed." Dasom also joined.

"Okay, let's eat first." I said.

We picked up a spot under a tree . It was sunny but doesnt feel hot at all. The breeze there was really good.

When we were eating, I saw a boy walking in front of us. He was holding a sketch book.

"Yah, that's boy look hot." Dasom also looked at him.

I saw a pencil fall from his pocket. He walks too fast that he reached the junction when I picked the pencil and I don't realise which way he go.

After done eating, all of us scattered to our destination. The old store looked packed with the students so we decided to take picture first.

When we arrived there, Many were already there. I took some picture with the girls until I saw that boy sleping under a tree beside the old store.

"Hey you guys continue. I want to return the pencil to that boy." I said.

"Okay, we've taken many picture so I think I want to go to the souvenir store." Mina said. She need to buy something for her sisters. 

....

"Hello, sir. are you sleeping?" 

"Hmmm. Hello. What's up?" He smiled. I guess he does not really sleep. He drew something in the sketch book. A bear roaring.

"You've dropped this." I handed the pencil to him.

"Whoaa, thank you. I thought I left this at home. I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you," He smiled,

"I'm Hayoung. Nice to meet you also. What are you drawing? Looks nice." I said. It was scary but his drawing was really nice.

"Oh that bear. Got an inspiration here. Look at this place, too peaceful, if a bear come, it will be really different. That's why I draw a bear."

"Your imagination... kind of scary though." I said slowly but he heard it.

"Haha, Yeah. Sometime I also think like that. So why are you looking too gloomy. You were taking picture but your smile can be better." He said.

"You stalked me?" I was surprised.

"You've too beautiful that I can't take my eyes off you. Haha. I saw just a glanced. But your aura reached me." He's funny.

"How do you know?.."

"I'm great at reading people, pretty girls like you. So want to talk?" He said.

So I tell him about the career meeting. I thought that it's okay to talk to him as we're not going to meet again.

"You don't know what to do in th future? Thats fine Hayoung. Don't really have something you like to do? That's also okay. You don't need all of that to live. Just continue living. We have six month until we graduate so think about it slowly. You decide your own future. Not following your friends. I don't really know what to say but to be honest I also don't know what to do. But the world works like that, if you don't know just move on, you'll find the answer later." He smiled when he talks. But when I thought about it, he smiled all the time.

I smiled. 

"That's a better smile. So your school is in Seoul right?" He said.

"Wait how do you know? You also said 'we' had six month until graduation?" I just realised it.

"I'm also 18. We only have career talk when we're 18. And the way you talk,must be Seoul." He said and pick up his sketch book.

"Your an expert." When he flipped the sketched book. He drew many weird thing.

"Looks weird right?" He asked.

"The world today doesn't make sense, why should I paint pictures that do- Picasso'' I said.

"Wow how do you know that? Impressive." He smiled brighter.

"I am late. Bye." I said when I look at my watch.

"Hayoung, take this, use this graphite to draw your future." He smiled and handed me a pencil.

........

I felt relief after talking to him but I really like to meet him again. I look at the pencil. He wrapped the pencil with a paper. When I unwrapped the pencil. There was something written.

-everything you can imagine is real- Picasso

"Hey I thought you returnd the pencil?" Mina asked.

"Hmmm. He said I can take it."

"Pencil?" She asked

.......

-School-

It's been three days since the trip. Today I'll meet Mr Sukjin after school.

The day were as usual until the third period which is History. Mr Sukjin entered the class.

"Yah, back to your seat. Today we have a transfer student."

"What? with 6 month until graduation?" A student said.

"Come in." Mr Sukjin said.

I was surprised.

"Hello, My name is Jungkook. Nice to meet you." He looks straight at me and smiled.

"Woah, he's hot." Linzy said.

"There's no other place since you transferred in so late. You need to sit at the back." Mr Sukjin said.

As he walked to sit at the back beside Ricky, He smiled again at me.

I was wrong thinking that I'll never met him again.....