Ink

Graphite Love

I'm surprised with the fact that he is living in the house next to mine but when I entered my room and open the window...

"Yah Jungkook!!" 

"Hi Hayoung, it looks like our room is facing each other. I can just jump into your room." He waved and smiled at me.

I'm dumbfounded and cannot say anything.

""Haha, don't be afraid. Okay I'm going back to school. Don't peek when I'm changing." He don't closed his window but I'm absolutely closing mine.

Then I heard he said. "Mom I'm going back to school. I'll be back for dinner!!" He run to school.

....

"Hey Hayoung, let's go." Sungjae yelled from outside of my house.

"Wait a minute," I run downstairs and kiss my father and mother.

"Done." I said when I'm in front of Sungjae.

"Okay let's go." 

When we were walking I saw Jungkook just coming back from training. He's still sweating. But he smiled at me.

"Hey transfer student, what are you doing here?" Sungjae asked.

"He live here. Beside my house." I answered.

"Looks like we are going to meet each other a lot, Sungjae." Jungkook said.

"Let's go Sungjae. We'll be late." I already took too long to prepare. And the movie will start if we don't go now. 

"Bye Jungkook." I said. Then I walk. Sungjae followed me.

"Bye Sungjae" Jungkook said.

“Be careful with him.” Sungjae warned me.

“He’s good.”

“You just met him one day. How can you say that?”

“Second day..”

“What?”

“Nothing, Lets walk faster…”

…..

The movie was good. But because we have to go to school tomorrow we cannot go elsewhere.

Sungjae sent me home but before I go in, he stopped me.

“Hayoung…”

“Yes?”

“I like you, will you be my girl?” he held my hand and asked.

“Sorry Sungjae, but the answer will still be NO. I’m not ready for love.” I look at him and answered.

“Okay, I will try again.” He said.

“Hmmm, Sungjae. This is already the 7th time you confess. Why …”

“Because I like you. Since we meet, I’ve always love you. So I’m not gonna stop until I get you. But we will always be friend until you accepted me. Okay I’ll be going.”

“Sungjae….”

“It’s okay, I can always wait for you.” He smiled.

…..

I entered my room and went to my table. As usual, I opened the window which is right in front of the table. Then I continue reading a novel that I left when I went to watch the movie. I don’t think much about the confession as it has happened a few times already.

Then I walk to take my teddy bear and back to the table.

“That’s a cute bear.”

“Yah Jungkook! How long have you been there?” He was sitting on the window looking at me.

“Since you open the window. After this remember to close the window when changing or I will get to see….” He laughed. ”Okay, I’ll be going to bed now. Cannot be late for second day. Wake me up if you wake earlier than me. Thanks.” He did not close the window.

…..

Everyday I wake up early for my morning exercise. I jog around the neighbourhood.

“Hi Hayoung!” Jungkook greet me.

“Jungkook!”

“Don’t be surprised, we’re neighbour now so we will always meet. Why are you making that surprised face. Jogging? Want to go together.” He said.

“Hmmm.. I really need to be ready to meet you anytime. Okay let’s go. By the way, what’s that?” I saw a pen and a book inside his pocket.

“This, just my small sketchbook.”

The jog was fun with him. He talks a lot asking about the neighbourhood. I can tell that he is an athlete when his breathing did not change even when we has jog for a long time. He also talk a lot that I think that his stamina is really good. When we stopped, he went to the store and buy some food.

“Breakfast!” He give me a bread and milk.

Then he take out the book and start sketching in it while eating.

“Finish eating first!” I said.

He laughed and put the whole bread into his mouth.

I’m wondering didn’t he afraid that he make mistake drawing with pen but I don’t ask anything.

…….

Since that day we always do our morning exercise together. He will wake me up everyday by knocking my window. We also walk to school together. But it turns out that we only manage to talk to each other in the morning and at night because after a few days he got his friends and I also hang out with my friend.

After class I realize that he will always go straight to his studio but then I felt like I cannot get in there anymore. We’re friend but going into the room feel like invading his privacy. So don’t go there anymore. The last time I went there is after my career talk.

I realize that he rally make friend fast. People seem to be comfortable around him. Even Mina have started to answer him when he ask. Mina is shy. She rarely speak to boys except for the boys in our class. He speak to Mina and she answered with her voice instead of nodding on the third day he come. That’s a record for Mina.

He always smile and have very good manners. Dasom said that he is a full package. He’s Mr Perfect. Talent in arts, in the football club, good looking and manners. He have all of them. Sungjae doesn’t seem to like him. Mina? She’s just quiet when we talk about him.

But to me he seem like a mysterious person. His smile, the way he talk, it seem like he was hiding something. I’m not psychic but I can feel it.

……

“Hey Jungkook. Can I ask you something?” I said when we eat our breakfast after jogging a few days later.

“What?”

“Don’t you afraid of making mistake using pen? I mean that it is hard to erase those ink right?”

Then I regret asking. For the first time, he did not smile. For the first time he speak but it sound sad and sorrow.

“It’s a reminder for me. That some mistakes cannot be erased. That the ink will be there forever.” He said.

“What mistake?” It come out of my mouth spontaneously.

“Nothing, let’s go. We’re be late for school.”

After that I realise that he have a life before meeting us. It’s not my right to interfere. But it sure changes the way I look at him now. He no longer seems like the perfect happy Jungkook. Just like the ink stain on his white shirt, he also has make some mistakes in his life.

……

“Hello Hayoung, I’m Hyeri. The operation succeeds. I’ll be back to school next week!”

“Really, that’s good. Can’t wait to meet you. By the way we have new boy in our class. He’s hot. Haha. Come back safely.”…..

 

….