Chapter 20: Step by step falling for you

Graphite Love

"I remember you said that you don't want to fall in love with her. But from what I saw, you've already protecting her." Bomi asked.

"Bomi, you come back." Jungkook felt so happy and hug her.

"You still don't answer my question." Bomi said.

"What?" Jungkook try to dodge the question.

"I told you already that she really suits you. She's kind, pretty, can cook, and she really take care of you well." Bomi said.

"No, it's not like that. I need to protect her because what I am going to do will affect her so I need to be close to her." Jungkook answered.

"Jungkook, you can't lie to me. I have experienced a lot of things with you. I can tell by just seeing how you stare at her. You Love Hayoung. Admit it." Bomi insisted.

"No I can't. I need to settle everything first." Jungkook said.

About that, can you just not do it. You're still not ready to face what lies ahead if you still do it." Bomi said.

"You know about it? So why don't you tell me." Jungkook asked.

"I can't. It's not what I can do anymore. I can't interrupt or tell anyone what I know. I just can be here. Sorry. But what I can tell you is that Hayoung will help you get through anything if you just let her." Bomi said before dissappearing again.

 

...

Jungkook opened the window of his room that night and stare at the sky. There is no light coming from Hayoung's room so Jungkook thought that Hayoung is sleeping. Thinking about what will happen in the coming days when his father begins his action and how he can counter it, Jungkook felt so lost and scared. 

"What are you doing? It's late already. You should be sleeping." Hayoung said.

Jungkook didn't realise when Hayoung opened her window as he is deep in thought so he is a little bit shocked.

"You don't even realise that I am here. What are you thinking about?" Hayoung asked.

Jungkook smiled and then said, "Hayoung, let's go out for a walk." Jungkook said.

"Where?"

"Wherever. Mr Jaesuk is still not sleeping so he will allow you to go out right?" Jungkook asked.

"Of course but where are we going?" Hayoung asked.

......

Jungkook and Hayoung walk under the moonlight together. Hayoung don't know where they are going so she just follows him. 

They walk until they arrive at the school. Hayoung thought that Jungkook will alk past the school but he walk inside.

"Jungkook, where are you going, we can't get in at this time, the guards will catch us." Hayoung said.

"Don't worry, tonight Kwangsoo is on duty, he'll let us in." Jungkook said with a smile.

"Hey Jungkook, going to that room again?" Mr Kwangsoo walk towards them.

"Hey Kwangsoo, yeah I'll be there for just a few minutes." Jungkook said.

"That's okay but I want to tell you that you can't bring a girl with. If it is just you I'll allow but with a girl, what happens to me if someone caught you."

"Sorry Kwangsoo but I'll be fast. She is only with me tonight. Okay?" 

"Okay." Kwangsoo lt them in.

.......

"How do you know th guard?" Hayoung asked.

"I've always sneak in, but one day I got caught. Luckily it was Kwangsoo that caught me, he said I can just us the front entrance if I want to come in. Just don't tell anyone that he allows me in."

"Can he just allow anyone in like that?" Hayoung asked.

"Of course not. But he is always like that. He don't really care. I also treat him food many times so he always kind to me." Jungkook answered.

"Doesn't that count as bribe?" Hayoung asked again.

"Nopee." Jungkook smiled and opened the doorof the studio for Hayoung.

"Okay now tell me why we are here at this time?" Hayoung asked.

"I left something here. I just want to take it back." Jungkook said.

"What is it? Find it quickly. We need to go home. Let me help you find it." Hayoung answered.

But then she saw Jungkook just sit and grab a pencil. He take a paper and draw something on it. Hayoung stretch her neck to look at the paper but Jungkook blocked his drawing.

"Let me see it." Hayoung said.

"Nope, answer my question first." Jungkook replied.

"What?" Hayoung asked.

"Who are you?" Jungkook asked.

"Huh..." 

"When we first met, then our second meeting here. None of it was a coincidence of fate. I plan it all. I have somthing to do in this school when I transferred here. But I cannot do any of it. Why? I wonder sometimes. But then I found the answer. You."

"What are you saying?" Hayoung asked.

"I need to fix everything. I come here fully prepared. But then I meet you. I know you like me. This place, in this same spot I break your heart. That day when I tell Mina, I saw you. I know you were outside this room, but for the sake of my plan, I rejected both of  you. But then you don't give up on me. Why? Day by day passed and after a while, the first thing I want to do when I wake up is look at your face. Step by step I fall for you. Then I realise... I actually loved you. More than I thought when I break your heart here."

Hayoung stays silent. Jungkook take a deep breath and continued.

"And then all my plan come to a halt. I fall again. Love...even though it's such a simple emotion, why is it that when we fall in love, it gets difficult?" Jungkook said.

"I don't know." Hayoung cannot say anything else.

"So now I just want to ask you. The heart that I break here, can I take all the pieces and mend it. Maybe I'll just make it mine." Jungkook said and show the drawing to Hayoung. A heart.

Hayoung jump and hug Jungkook.

"It's already your's."