Chapter 3: Pain

Graphite Love

Hayoung waited for Jungkook to come back from training. He is late so Hayoung send him a text.

HAYOUNG:         Jungkook! You’re not home yet?

JUNGKOOK:       I’m on my way home.

HAYOUNG:         Okay, I’ll prepare the food.

Hayoung run down and serve the food her mother cook on the table.

“Wow! What happen today, honey? Your daughter serve the food today.” Hayoung’s father, Jaesuk said.

“Jungkook is eating here today. She wants to look like a good girl in front of him.” Hayoung’s mother,Hyori said.

“Mom! He’s on his way here so I just wanted to prepare the food. He must be tired from training.” Hayoung blushed.

“I like that boy. He’s bright, and always greet me every morning.” Jaesuk  said.

“He also help me carry the stuff home from the market a few times.” Hyori added.

“Mom, you always asked him to go to the market with you. I know you just want him to carry the stuff for you and not because you want to help him buy stuff for his house.”

“Haha, he don’t have anything to do anyways.” Hyori laughed.

……

“Why don’t you just go send it to his house? I’ll put it into the plate.” Hyori said when she look at his anxious daughter. Jungkook still did not arrived even when they have finished eating. She keep looking at her phone.

“Okay”

When Hayoung left the house, Jaesuk said, “Be back after giving the food!!”

……

His house is not locked. His football boots is on the floor and not the shelves where other shoes is neatly arranged. Hayoung become more anxious. She searched on the first floor but did not find him.

It was her first time in Jungkook house. Jungkook always go to her home but she never been in his room. She quickly went upstairs and saw Jungkook’s room door is slightly open.

When she looks inside she saw Jungkook was lying on the floor of his room, unconscious.

“JUNGKOOK!!”

Hayoung panicked and shouts his name.

“Huh??! Is that you Hayoung? Why are you shouting?” Jungkook wake up.

“Why are you sleeping on the floor? I thought you are sick.” Hayoung feel relief that he is not sick.

“Yahh, Changjo is crazy. He trains us like we’re in hell. We cannot even stand up anymore. Oh you brought food. Sorry I fell asleep.” Jungkook said.

“It’s okay. It’s good that you’re fine. I’ll serve the food.”

“Okay, I’ll bath first. I’m smelly now.” Jungkook went to the bathroom.

Hayoung then realise that Jungkook room, and his house, were really clean and neat. His room is decorated with some football player poster and a big Chelsea F.C. poster. His room is also painted blue, same colour with the Chelsea poster and emblem.

Hayoung walks downstairs and went to the kitchen to serve the food but she stopped when she saw a family photo. It was not the family photo that make her shocked but a picture next to it which is a photo of Jungkook and someone who looks so familiar.

He looks like Changjo……

……

“Tell your mother I’m sorry because I cannot eat dinner with her. She helps me a lot with the groceries.” Jungkook said while eating. Hayoung just sit in front of him.

“She just want you to help him carry the stuff she buy.” Hayoung said.

“Here” Hayoung put a glass of water in front of Jungkook when she saw Jungkook eating so fast. “Eat slowly..”

“Okay, thanks. I’ll need some to take the medicine also.” Jungkook said.

“Medicine?” Hayoung asked. Jungkook looks nervous.

“Uh..oh.. not medicine, supplement. You know protein.” Jungkook.

“You need water to take it? Okay I’ll be back now. It’s already late. Coming for exercise tomorrow?” Hayoung look at Jungkook but then stand up.

“Okay, I’ll send this container tomorrow. Wake me up early.” Jungkook said.

……

Jungkook look outside and saw Hayoung entering her house. He quickly run to his room and open the drawer. He take out a pills and put it in his mouth.

He sit down on the floor. He sweats a lot but still gathered his effort to close the window. He pretends to look okay in front of Hayoung. Now the pain started to hurt more. He consume some of the painkiller when he said he was bathing but the pain come back. He passed out on the floor.

……

“Hayoung, here.” Jungkook handed the empty food container to Hayoung.

“Hi uncle Jaesuk, going to work already? Have a nice day.”  Jungkook said to Mr Jaesuk who just com out from his house.

“Have a nice day also Jungkook.” Mr Jaesuk answered.

“Jungkook, why don’t you open the window last night? Sleeping early?” Hayoung asked.

“Yeah, I am so tired.” Jungkook answered.

“I think I cannot go exercise today. Mina want to go to school together.” Hayoung said.

“Okay, I also need to go somewhere first.”

……

Jungkook was not in the class until the third class started. Mr Sukjin was teaching when he entered the class.

He talk slowly with Mr Sukjin and then went to his seat.

“Where were you?” Hayoung asked him slowly when Mr Sukjin was writing on the whiteboard.

“Hospital. I need to do a medical check-up for the football team.” Jungkook answered. 

“Oh, okay.”

When Hayoung is not looking, Jungkook take the painkiller from his pocket and hide it in his bag

……

“Why are you avoiding me?” Changjo asked.

“Since when did I avoid you. And one more thing, do I know you?” Hyeri replied.

Hyeri tried to walk away but Changjo grabbed her hand.

“Wow! Everyone was talking about the mild manner Changjo. Is this what they call manner? Let me go.” Hyeri pull her hand and walk away.

“You know, I never thought that I will meet the ‘tracksuit girl’ again.” Jungkook appeared,

“Jungkook, since when you are here?” Changjo asked angrily.

“This is my place. You know I only met the girl once and now look, she really grow up to be a pretty girl. I don’t know what happened but if a girl act like that its mean that she don’t like you.” Jungkook said.

“She is mine. Before, now, future, she is the only girl.” Changjo replied.

“Then let Mina go. She is already hurt to b force to an engagement and now you treat her like that. You always will be the inheritor of your father even if you opposed the engagement.” Jungkook said.

“You talk like you don’t know how this world works. I need Mina for what she will bring to me. I will be on top. She need to wait and I will, I must, and I surely will get Hyeri.” Changjo stared at Jungkook.

……