Chapter 14:The Beautiful Game- part one

Graphite Love

"Thursday come fast and the teams are both ready for the friendly match. Hayoung only meet Jungkook during their morning exercise but she is not worried anymore because Jungkook looks like he is back to be like his own self. Hayoung cannot say for sure, but she assume that Jungkook has a habit of coming out with a quote according to thee situation of their conversation. Maybe it is weird but since h knows that he will meet his former teammates, he speak a little and there are no more quotes. But since the day the went out together, he seems to be better.

......

Jungkook went to school earlier to meet the coach because in the evening they will be having the match. So Hayoung promised Mina to walk to school together. On the way to the cafe where Mina is waiting for her, Hayoung saw Mina talking to a boy... Jimin. It's look like they are arguing about something.

"Give it back." Mina said.

"Haha, this is not yours. This book belong to Bomi." Jimin said while holding the book high so that the short Mina cannot reach. Mina really is short. She needs to look up to speak to Jimin. Thats sound normal but Jimin is not actually that high making Mina looks even smaller needing to look up to speak to him.

"Haha, you're so short. It's been a while since I can do this to anyone." Jimin said. Mina stopped and stare at him.

"Did I supposed to be scared when you look at me like that? With that big eyes, you think anyone will be scared." Jimin said.

"Who's Bomi?" Mina asked.

"He did not tell you? Such an a**hole. Thats the name of his ex-girlfriend." Jimin said.

Now Hayoung realize who Bomi was. She was in the picture at Jungkook house. And she is that girl that meet her wearing the white dress. She is Jungkook girlfriend. But why is she begging me to save Jungkook?

"So it's her.." Mina said slowly.

"Hey shortie, don't you want the book anymore? My hand is getting sore lifting the book for so long." Jimin said.

"Where is she?" mina suddenly asked.

Jimin accidentally dropped the book and his eyes looks sad. But then he smiled.

"She is there." He pointed above to the sky.

"What do you mean?" Hayoung unconciously said that.

"Hayoung.'' Mina is shocked to find Hayoung there.

"You're another girl from that time." Jimin said.

"What do you mean by there?" Hayoung asked,

"She is already dead." Jimin said.

......

"Hayoung, Mina, Hyeri, Hwaryoung, Dasom you're watching the game this evening?" Minhyuk asked during recess.

"You don't have to call all our names. I don't know, do you want to watch it?" Dasom asked.

"Yes." Mina and Hayoung answered.

"Hyeri?" Dasom asked again.

"I don't really have anything to do so I'll go." Hyeri said.

"Me too." Hwaryoung added.

"Okay thn I will go too." Dasom said.

"Good. Having you beauties watching, I will play the best game for you." Minhyuk said.

"Thanks you. It will be great to have you guys watching my first game as the captain." Jungkook said when he arrived to the table.

He realise Hayoung and Mina is looking at him with a sad face.

"You're the captain? Where is Changjo?" Hwaryoung asked.

"He did not want to play. So I'll be the temporary captain." Jungkook answered.

"You better not mess up. I will kick you if we lose." Sungjae said as soon as he sit down. Then  he saw Jungkook's reaction. "Yah, whats with that face?"

"I'm nervous." Jungkook said.

"Haha, sorry. I thought you're just alright. Keep calm and you'll be doing just fine." Sungjae said feeling guilty making Jungkook nervous.

......

"Jungkook, good luck." Mina said when the class ended.

"Thank you." Jungkook said and then he looks at Hayoung. She is busy putting the books inside her bags and did not realize Jungkook is looking at her.

He walks outside to the dressing room. All the players did not attend the last class so that they can rest before the game.

When Jungkook walk outside, Hayoung look at him mad at herself because she did not say anything to cheer him.

......

The game will start in 1 hour. All the players already is gathering in the dressing room. Some were chatting and the others is listening to music on their phone. Changjo and Leo who is still in their school uniform is talking to the coach.

Jungkook is already wearing his jersey and his soccer cleats. With the captain armband held tight in his hand and the earphone in his ears, he looks so calm. But inside, many thoughts is in his mind. What if he don't play well? He is the captain, he must play well. Can Jimin and his teammate forgot what had happened during the game...

Then he got a message.

HAYOUNG: I'll be watching. I dont watch football much, but they said it is the beautiful game. Like you make me attracted to arts, why don't you show me another beautiful thing you can do? Play well, but more importantly, enjoy yourself. Go have fun. Good luck.

Jungkook smiled. It's been a long time since he remembered 'The Beautiful Game'.

Jungkook acteed like he was going to the toilet and called Hayoung.

......

"Hello." Hayoung answered.

"Thanks" Jungkook said.

"You're welcome. Are you ready?" Hayoung asked.

"I don't know, I've played a lot of games. But this is the first as a captain and against them." Jungkook said.

"Don't worry. How about you close your eyes." Hayoung said.

"Why?" 

"Just do it." Hayoung said. Jungkook closed his eyes.

"Ok now open it." Hayoung said after a minute. " Feeling better?"

"Huh? Nope." Jungkook said.

"Haha. Guess it doesn't work. That's mean you just have to step to the pitch with that nervousness. It will dissappear when you're playing. Ok now I have to go grab my seat before all the other students come. Good luck." Hayoung said.

Jungkook smiled. Hayoung did not really do anything helpful but Jungkook felt much better after hearing her voice.

......

30 minutes before the game start, each team is on the pitch warming up. The stands is not really full so Jungkook can see Hayoung and the others there. Jungkook wave at them. Both team went back into the dressing room 15 minutes before the match started. It is only a friendly but Changjo arranged it like a real game so their team will be prepared to face the real match.

......

Both team line up before walking into the center circle of the pitch. Jungkook knew almost all in the lineup of Jimin's team. Some were smiling at him and others just look at him angrily.

When they walk into the pitch and face the stands, Jungkook smiled when he saw Sungjaee screaming loudly. "Kick Their A****!!!"

Both team will shak hands before the match. The captain will be the first one to shake hand. Jimin shake his hand without looking at him. Suga smiled and patted his elbow when they shake hand. V just shake his hand quick. But Jungkook feel relief that other players just shake his hand normally.

Then the captain meet again just before the game start to decide which team started first. After the formality, Jungkook and Jimin meet again. When the refferee is placing the ball in the center circle, Jungkook and Jimin is still not back to their position.

"That girl, she had her vibes. It's just she did not hit others much. Not like her." Jimin said.

"Who?" Jungkook did not know.

"That girl with you at that time, the tall one." Jimin said.

"Let's play a good game." Jungkook said.

"Of course. I did not hate you because of the last game. The team also had forgive you. I just hate you for what had happened to Bomi. But I'll leave that aside in this match. Even if I want to remember, we will eventually forget everything when we play this game right? I'll settle everything else later." Jimin said.

Jungkook smiled and look to the stands. He saw Hayoung watching. It is really like what she reminds him about. It is the Beautiful game.

"Captains, back to your position, we will start now." The refferee said.

......