Chapter 2: Subservient

Graphite Love

“Hayoung!!” Jungkook opened his room’s window and yell.

“Yes, you’re back. The food is ready.” Hayoung answered.

“Yeah! Thanks Hayoung. Now step aside.”

Jungkook jump into Hayoung room and land swiftly on the floor.

“You know, the food is downstairs. You can just walk through the front door.” But still, Hayoung smiled when he jumped in.

“Really? Sorry. Your parents not home yet?” Jungkook asked when they were walking down the stairs.

“I don’t know. Maybe they’ll stop at my grandmother house on their way back.”

They arrived at the kitchen and Hayoung served the rice to Jungkook.

“You cook this? Wow, meat. I think I’m going to eat here every day from now on.” Jungkook said.

“ Firstly, I’m sorry. I don’t know what you like so I just cook this. I don’t know if it taste good or not.” Hayoung was not finished talking when Jungkook already eat.

“It’s really good. You’re a good cook.” Jungkook eat everything. He did not even left any vegetable or meat.

“Oh no, Hayoung, did you already eat? I unconsciously eat all of them.” Jungkook said when he realised that all the food is gone. Hayoung just sit silently watching him eating and answering what he asked.

“Yes. I already ate earlier.” Actually she still not eaten yet but when she watched him eating deliciously, she fell full already.

“Okay lets me do the dishes.” Jungkook thenv volunteered to do the dishes as he felt bad eating all the food without leaving any.

“You must be really hungry. Actually that’s for three people serving.” Hayoung actually like it when he ate all of them. She felt appreciated.

“I’ll cut some fruit.” Hayoung take out some apples

When Jungkook was doing the dishes, Hayoung look at his back while cutting the fruit.

“Ouch!” Hayoung accidentally wounded her finger.

“Hayoung, what happened. Blood!” Jungkook quickly held her hand and the  blood. Then he take a tissue and stopped the blood from dripping.

“Where is the first-aid kit.”

……

Hayoung and Jungkook was eating the apples when Sungjae arrived.

“Yah!! What are you doing alone with her?!!” Sungjae scream when he look at them.

“Eating. Come join us.” Jungkook was not even surprised. Hayoung was totally shocked when Sungjae appeared but Jungkook was totally calm.

“Waahh. You’re impressive. Already eating here.” Sungjae stare at him.

……

Sungjae, Jungkook and Hayoung watched the television after eating the fruits with Sungjae still staring at Jungkook. Hayoung realised that Sungjae was staring at him but don’t know what to do.

“Hey Hayoung, Sungjae, what do you know about Changjo?” Jungkook asked.

“Why are you asking?” Sungjae ask him back.

“Just curious about my captain.” Jungkook replied.

“He’s good student, always on top in anything he do. Studies, Sports, Music. Name it he’s good in everything.” Sungjae said. Jungkook nod because he already known that since a long time ago.

“He is also mild mannered. He is a true gentleman but sometime he is too straightforward  that it hurts other.” Hayoung added.

“Mina?” Jungkook asked.

“Yes. Mina told me what he said and I cannot disagree with what he said but how can he say that to Mina? Can’t he take care of her feelings?” Hayoung starts to get emotional.

Sungjae signalled that Jungkook should stopped asking.

“Okay, it’s already late. We’ll be going.” Sungjae said. Sungjae walked to the front door.

“Hey Jungkook, where is your shoe?” He asked.

“I come through the window of Hayoung’s room.” Jungkook said.

“What?!”

……

recess

“Jungkook, can I sit here?” Changjo asked.

“Hey Jungkook, did you go back right after I went home? You did not do anything to Hayoung right? I’ll kill you if you touch her.” Sungjae suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

“Oh Changjo, you’re here. Sorry for interrupting.” Sungjae saw Changjo and then he looks a bit scared.

“That’s okay, sit down.” Changjo said to Sungjae.

Jungkook thinks,’it’s not even your place to instruct others to sit down.’

“You’re in the same class with Hayoung and Mina right?” Changjo asked.

“Yeah, I’m Sungjae.” Sungjae introduced himself. Jungkook felt weird that they were in the same school since last year and Mina, his fiancée was always been with Sungjae but he did not even know Sungjae.

“Hi guys. You’re here Changjo.” Hayoung also joins them at the table.

“Hi Hayoung. Where’s Mina?” Changjo asked.

“She’s on her way.” Hayoung replied.

There was an unusual quite at the table not like what usually happen at the table. Usually they talk a lot but with Changjo there, the air felt heavy and many of them steal a glance at him including Jungkook.

“This table is so quiet today? Where’s the two lady. And I think Minhyuk always sit here also?” Changjo asked.

Only Jungkook answer his question.

“They will come. It’s not like you to be here with us. Not your standard. That’s why we’re quiet. That’s also why Minhyuk seems scared to be eating with YOU.” Jungkook just look at him blankly.

Changjo just smile at him but the others felt the sparks in the way he look at Jungkook. Jungkook still manage to keep his poker face.

“I’m not someone whom he should be scared of.” He stared straight to the eyes of Jungkook and both of them did not blink.

Jungkook turn away faster and they can see he regret trying to face Changjo.

But just then Mina, Dasom, Hwaryoung and Hyeri come. Hayoung noticed something weird with Changjo when he saw Hyeri. Hyeri just look at Changjo.

“You’re… back…” Changjo stuttered when he said that.

“Do I know you?” Hyeri asked him.

For a while Hayoung think that the same will happen to Hyeri like what happened to Jungkook but then Changjo just stand up and say..

“Have a nice day guys. Mina, tonight, no excuse.” He said to Mina.

“What are you doing tonight Mina? Want me to join?” again, Jungkook provoked him.

He just stand beside Jungkook and say, “I don’t think I asked you to join us Jungkook. She’s mine. And my orders are not to b mess around with. Looks like you need to be thought about the way to speak with me. You say it yourself, you don’t know how I acted in school so I’m going to introduced myself. I am Changjo. I don’t let anyone who provoke me go. And today you did it twice. I am not talking as your football team captain or the successor of a conglomerate. I am talking as myself,I don’t let anyone make fun of me and you also will not be excluded.”

He grab Jungkook shirt while saying that. Jungkook seems nervous. Then he let go and walk away.

“Yah Jungkook. You mess around with the wrong people.” Sungjae said.

“But he’s hot when he tortured you like that, Jungkook. He’s yours Mina. But still. He’s hot.” Dasom said.

“You’re really brave but then looks how nervous you are.” Hwaryoung hands a tissue for Jungkook to wipe his sweat.

“I’m a bit scared but I think he is also nervous.” Jungkook said.

“Yah look at you still talking like that. You should just keep quiet Jungkook.” Hwaryoung said angrily.

“He’s right. Why should we be so scared of him?” Hyeri said.

……

“So what’s your relationship with him, Hyeri?” Jungkook asked her when they walk to the class.

“Who?”

“Changjo”

“nothing”

“You’re lying. But it’s okay. Sorry for asking something personal.” Jungkook walk beside her.

“If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it’s yours, if it doesn’t, it never was.” Jungkook said and then walk into the class.

Hyeri was startled by what he said and just stand there.

‘How did you know that ….”

……

Mina and Hayoung was too quiet since recess. Jungkook don’t know why so he just scream.

“Hayoung! Mina! What happened to you both?” Jungkook scream behind them.

“Oh, nothing, we’ll go back now. Bye Jungkook.” Hayoung grab her bag.

“Bye Jungkook.” Mina also went home.

“HAYOUNG!! Don’t forget, Food Tonight!!”

 

..........

Thanks everyone for reading and supporting. I would like to read more comments to improve my story. Thanks a lot.