Chapter 12: A Lost Friend

Graphite Love

“I thought the game will be on Thursday, why did they come so early?” Baro said from behind. Jungkook turn around and saw Baro and Minhyuk already wearing their soccer cleats.

“Leo said they’ll be staying at the school hostel and train here for a few days. They already qualify for the Nationals so they will be having a few friendlies with Seoul top teams.” Minhyuk said.

“They already qualify?” Baro asked.

“Their region’s qualifier already ended. They started earlier.” Minhyuk explained.

“Wow, look at them. They look strong.” Leo joins them.

“Of course. Why don’t you go greet your friends Jungkook?” Baro said but then he saw Jungkook’s face. “Jungkook, are you okay?”

“Oh, I’m fine. Let’s go.” Jungkook left them and entered the locker room.

……

“Hayoung, what are you doing?” Sungjae asked when he saw Hayoung drawing.

“Don’t disturb her. She’s been like that since the class end. She doesn’t even realise us waiting for her here.” Hwaryoung said. Mina, Hyeri, Dasom and Hwaryoung are waiting for Hayoung at their seat.

“Oh, what? The class is already over. Sorry guys.” Hayoung quickly put her books and paper inside her bag.

“Look at her just realising.” Dasom said, annoyed.

“Hey guys, look there. The football team that will have a friendly against our school this Thursday is here.” Dasom said when she looks down from the window.

“Wow, they’re hot. Looks like all the boys that play football are hot.” Hwaryoung join Dasom.

“Yah, I’m also gorgeous.” Sungjae said.

Hyeri, Dasom and Hwaryoung look at him and smiled.

Hyeri patted his shoulder and said, “Sorry, did I hear something?”

“Yahh, I’m good looking, tall, handsome. What’s wrong with you girls?” Sungjae smiled.

They all laughed.

……

“I have to go somewhere, can you guys go home first.” Hayoung said.

“Me too.” Mina added.

“Where? I’ll go with you.” Sungjae asked.

Hayoung looks at Hyeri. She understands and quickly hit Sungjae.

“Yah, let them go wherever they want.” Hyeri said. Dasom and Hwaryoung just nodded and walk away. Sungjae follows them so that Hyeri won’t hit him more.

“So, where are you going?” Mina and Hayoung asked at the same time. Then they laugh.

“I think I know where you want to go. To Jungkook’s place.” Mina said.

“How did you know?” Hayoung asked.

“You’ve been drawing since the morning. So I guess you will want to continue until he finished training.” Mina said. Hayoung just smiled.

“So where do you want to go?” Hayoung asked.

“I just want to go there. I don’t know why. What he draw on the wall of the room… It is really attracting me to look at it again.” Mina said.

It’s true. Hayoung also wanted to go there to look at the painting on the wall.

……

“Hayoung, what do you think he use to draw this? It doesn’t look like he use normal pencil.” Mina asked when she saw the drawing of a skull. The drawing is messy and when Mina touched it, her finger turn black.

“Maybe he used charcoal. Be careful, your uniform will get dirty.” Hayoung stare at the drawing in that room and choose to copy a bird. This seems to be the easiest for her to copy.

Meanwhile Mina just browsing through all the drawing in the room until she find a drawing of a girl in an old sketchbook.

“Hayoung, do you know this girl?” Mina asked.

Hayoung is in the middle of drawing raise her head and she was startled to saw that girl.

……

The training is conducted by Leo as Changjo is with the coach planning the tactical for the team.

When the training is almost over and the team has gathered, Changjo join them.

“Okay, on Thursday we will be having the last friendly before the tournament start. As you know, they are already qualified so this is their chances to test our strength as last year representative from Seoul. They may not be playing with their full strength so I think we need to force them to play at their full strength for our sake. How? We need to give them a beating early in the game so that they will not take us lightly.” Changjo said and the whole team nodded.

“One more thing, Leo and myself will not be playing in that game.” The news make the team become noisy.

“The coach wants to test the system without us operating the midfield so that if anything happen to us, our victory in the qualifier will not be shaken. So the captain for the match is Jungkook. Understand? Training dismissed.” Changjo then left to trains on his own leaving Jungkook in shock.

The team have no objection when Changjo said Jungkook will be the captain as he is their best player after Changjo and Leo.

……

“Still here?” Changjo asked when he saw Jungkook still in the locker room.

“Why did you make me the captain?” Jungkook asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? The team trust you and you are a good leader. The coach also agree with that.” Changjo said.

“I understand if it is against any other team but….”

“You cannot play against your former team? I don’t really know what happen that you missed the last game with them but I will not allow it to happen with my team. You’re afraid of them? I’m giving this chance to you, face them and forget what happen in the past. If you cannot do that then I will kick you out from my team. I don’t need coward like you messing around my victory.” Changjo said and walk into the shower.

……

“Jungkook, what took you so long? Baro and the other already left.” Hayoung said when Jungkook walk out from the locker room.

“Hayoung, Mina, were you waiting for me?” Jungkook asked and then he saw Mina holding the old sketchbook.

“Yeah, we’re from that room and I want to ask you something.” Hayoung look at Mina. Mina then opens the sketchbook until the page of the girl.

“Wow, looks who is here? My lovely friend. JUNGKOOK.” Someone said. Mina, Hayoung and Jungkook turn and saw an unknown boy walking in their direction.

“Jimin.” Jungkook said. Hayoung heard what he say and realise that that boy is Jungkook’s best friend.

 

……