Park

Never talk to strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a

 

 

 

 

 

No one's pov~

 

"Isn't it time for us to make an entrance, sir." A deep but screeching voiced asked, playing with the Newton's cradle placed on the table, swinging the silver balls. 

"No, we need to wait for the right time." The other man disagreed. No one could deny he was the one in charge. "Patience is lethal. Lethal is deadly." He continued. 

 

He stop playing with the Newton's cradle. A mysterious smirk appeared on his face, but no one would know since the lightning of the broke a week ago. They couldn't even see each other but they could sense their presence.

"I heard there'll be a ball in a few weeks. Noble officials will attend. More importantly the new princess will have her first appearance. How wonderful. The perfect catch, sir." 

 

The leader grinned. This was probably the best news he heard eversince the organization was formed. "Do you have any information on this princess?" For him this was very exciting. He had high expectations on this ball that was going to happen. 

"Not much is revealed about her. She's in deep secrecy for now. The only thing I know off is her name." He admitted, bowing his head, disappointed in himself.

"We'll what are you waiting for. Spit it out!" He yielded impatiently.

 

"Her name is... Jang Erae."

 

Far far from human sight. Each one of them has a small tatoo imprinted in their bodies, only visible when soaked in water. All were of different designs, but the same 5 letters inked.

 

It spelled S.T.R.I.K.E


Erae's pov~ 

 

"I almost forgot to inform you all that there will be an upcoming ball in a few weeks. Valuable officials will be attending so I expect everyone to be civilized. As for Erae---"

"Yes?" I cut in the queen's announcent with a plastic smile. I despised her wicked personality as if she had the right to mock me. We were at the dining table. This time for dinner with the King.

 

All eyes were focused on both of us. The y queen fakes a cough. "As I was saying, I'll hire a teacher to teach you the ways of a Usurer especially because of the upcoming ball. You don't want to embarrass yourself, dear." My jaw dropped, wondering just how y she could go. I mentally scoff at her never-ending insults.

 

"Anything to say. Sehun?" I called out. He was quite all throughout. Though at least he attended dinner unlike Luhan who was probably ing another of his s. He shrugged, not giving a crap. 

I let out a faint sigh. "Give it your all, your honor. Please do want you desire." I hid the sarcasm. 

 

"You and your father's surgery is scheduled next week before the ball." The king interrupted. I noticed like Sehun he didn't care about the things that do not involve him. An apple does not fall far from the tree. The proverb resurfaced my mind.

---

Dinner was finished. Now I was in my room.  For past days, I was given daily medication to keep from having seizures. "Here, my lady" Chohee handed me the pills, white and blue. "Are you adjusting, my lady?" She asked while fixing my long brown hair that almost looked orange in the light. Once in awhile I thought of dying it red. It fit my character.

 

"Yes, I am." I lied. I'm far from adjusting too far perhaps. "I'm glad to know." She expressed, grinning from ear to ear. Her personality could brighten a thunderstorm. I playfully theorized. For once I though if I could be so bright.

 

"Dress up then go to the porch." He ordered. I didn't need to see who it was. I could recognize Sehun's voice anywhere. That didn't make me so happy. 

Pathetically, I obeyed his orders. Wearing a gray hoodie and thick leggings. I let down my hair, feeling it reaching my shoulders. I see Sehun, loitering in the porch, waiting for me.

 

"Wearing sunglasses at night, seriously?" I make a pig noises with the result of him glaring at me. I ignore his deadly glares. "Are we going somewhere?" I asked because he rarely took me out. "Yeah." He nodded.

 

"Then where's the ride?" His lips form a smirk. "This baby." I realized he was leaning on somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter