Stranger

Never talk to strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Erae's pov~

 

I heave out a breath as I gather all the money I stole from the Usurers that passed by. " 7,000 won. " I mutter, counting the bill one by one. At least I have dinner. I walk to the street market, passing by a group of Mendicants, drinking alcohol. I overhear they conversation. 

 

"She's the Witch I told you about. Tsk. Such an evil girl. Hope the gods will send her to hell." I felt nothing, the woman's words were the same as the others, calling me a witch, cursing me to hell.  

"I know, I heard she even killed a person." That hit the bullseye. "I did not!" I screamed at the woman. She deserved it. The woman stared at me with wide eyes. " I di--didn't say anything. " She stuttered, spitting lies. I give her a hard glare before I buy myself dinner.

 

After feeding myself, I wander around the gates, the border between the Mendicants and the Usurers. The gates were tall and sturdy, surrounding with guards, wearing their military. This was my favorite place, it was less crowded than the other places because the Mendicants were afraid of the military's presence. 

Suddenly everything went fuzzy. My breathing went unstable. I began coughing uncontrollably. I fall on my knees, gasping for air then I out. 

 

 Erae-ah! Erae-ah! Kang Erae...

 

"Stop calling me!!!" I cry out. It was the same voice that called me out every time I sleep. I slowly breath, placing myself in a sitting position. I felt myself lying in a pile of newspaper under a cold ground. After a few moments I realized that I wasn't alone. " I'm sorry but I didn't call you. "I faced Sohee, acknowledging her presence. "No, it isn't you. " 

Looking around I realized I wasn't at the place I usually slept. What the hell happened? I voiced out my thoughts. " What happened? Where am I? " She let out a sigh, adjusting herself next to me.

 

"Do remember anything from yesterday? " She asked. "Not really. Cut the crap Sohee. What happened? " She frowned at my words. " Slow down Erae, I'll explain." I nodded. "You fainted near the gates, fortunately I found you near the gate. Erae-ah--- " I cut her off. "I fainted? " She nodded. I always seizures but I never fainted. It was a first time for me. 

 

"Your condition isn't getting better. You have to get a doctor fast. " She encouraged. I had no damn money or the time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter