Home

Never talk to strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Erae's pov~

 

The three days I requested for went faster then I thought it would. Unconsiously, I would check the clock tower nearby, wishing time would stop for awhile. I leaned on one of the trash bins with my head on my knees. For the whole day I just sat there as time went by, neither eating or sleeping like I usually would. My eyes were focused on the mother and child buying their grocery, all happy with smiles on their faces. 

 

I try to lift the corners of my mouth for a smile, but it just hurt my muscles. Some children were playing soccer at the corner, the ball bounced near me. "Lady! Can you please pass us the ball?" One of the kids asked me. I ignored them. I didn't bother. They all gave me weird looks. I give them a glare in return. The kids ran away, leaving to nowhere ."Finally some peace." I mutter to myself as I shut my eyes close.

 

"You know three days has already passed." I knew he would find me wherever I was. I groaned at his appearance, but I pretend he isn't here, facing the other side. For once he stayed silent. 

"Ignore me all you want, but I'm still here." He said, his voice monotone. "I know, but all I wish for is for to leave." I speak, finally accepting his presence. "I gave 3 days to be on your own. The 3 days is over." He reminded. 

 

"You'll be visiting the Blue House or your should I say new home." I couldn't say it's a home. It was more of a cage. Slowly I stood up, meeting eyes with the prince. He wore some fancy clothing. My clothes looked like rugs compared to his. He eyed me from eye to toe, slightly digusted. "My parents wouldn't what to see you like that. We'll have to fix you up." He place his hands in his pockets. 

 

"Just say I look like crap. I know I do." I reprimanded, slightly annoyed with his choice of words. He smirked. "Good that you know." He teased. "What?" I snapped, but he disregarded me. I couldn't believe he is the one I'm engaged with. He tilted his head. I realized was pointing to his expensive car. "That's your ride and don't worry I'll be driving." He continuesly tossed his keys up and down. I hesistantly follow him, watching my worned-out converse gliding. I turn around, peering closer I see a figure, hiding in the shadows. 

 

I walk closer, trying to the figure, but as soon as I try it's disappears. Feeling disappointed, I quickly catch up to Sehun, knowing he will complain how slow I was. Nearing the car, he noticed my inconvenience. I reluctant open the car's door as Sehun started the engine. This was all too foreign, but I force myself to go inside.

 

I view the outside, opening the window afte asking permission from Sehun since I didn't know how to open it. I feel the breeze as it connected with my skin. The sound of the wind felt like music to my ears. For a moment, I felt relaxed. We soon entered the gates and I ogle at the opulence of the Usurers. They had it so much better than us Mendicants who beg from them. Suddenly i felt anger and hatred.

The silent ride halted when he stopped to a particular mansion. It was more grand than all the mansions I've seen on the way. The Blue House, I recognized, where the royalties resided.

I couldn't help but be in awe with everything displayed in the mansion and be envious of people who claim who have thses luxurious lives. 

A couple of men appeared out of nowhere, greeting the prince. I felt awkward with the attention even if it was to me. "Your highness, you have arrived safely, your mother is waiting you patiently." One of the spoke men. 

 

"Tell the maids to fix her up. Do it fast." He demanded the man, barely looking at him. "Yes, right away, your highness." The man eyed me then he nodded his head. "Follow me, ma'm." Being a little hesistant, he waited for me patiently, leading me deeper into the Blue House. 

 

He lead me into a room filled with maids who were busy minding their own business. "Your highness has ordered her to be fixed up and he wants it done fast." He announced to them. Each one of them paying attention. 

"Right this way, miss." The maid pointed to what looked like a huge bathroom. I walked inside the bathroom. Right in the middle there was a round bathtub waiting for it to be used. 

 

The maid smiled, facing me. "My name Chohee." She introduced. "We all heard about your arrival, my lady. The future princess of the south. It my pleasure to meet you." I was kinda creeped out by her positivity. I tried to say something but all that came out was a nod.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter