Chapter Fourteen

LOVE

“Things are changing.” Queen Kim Ji Yeon said as she sat across from the Ziroian Queen, Jung Ji Song. The two queens were having a small separate meeting they had planned out a week ago. The two usually had conversations like this. It was nothing that no one knew of—their husbands believed they were just chitter-chattering, but they had important things talked about.

The other queen folded her two hands that lay on the table. Queen Ji Yeon had come to the Ziroian realm and she did not bring her sons or husband. They did not need attention on them. What they were talking about was going to be something they would likely keep from everyone.  They never spoke about their talks in front of anyone—it was to them only.

“I have noticed such things.” Queen Ji Song said as she recalled some of the things and changes in all of their lives, including her son and step-sons. “Do you think there will be a problem?”

Queen Ji Yeon chuckled. “I hope not at least. This change is both good, but risky.”

Queen Ji Song smiled as she recalled some memories. “Siwonnie and Kibum seem to be really getting along—those two; I can only picture smiles and laughter.”

“Comfort as well.” Queen Ji Yeon said with a soft smile. She knew how well her youngest and the second Ziroian Prince got along very well. She too imagined what the other queen believed as well. But she also aware of how young they still were—they had no idea what was ahead of them if this relationship would continue on.

“Kangin has gotten too along with Prince Leeteuk. I wonder to what Il Hoon and Ji Ling will think.” Queen Ji Song said with a nervous tone in her voice. Queen Ji Yeon was aware of how far that relationship had gone—Kangin had told her. She excited for her son and Leeteuk, but she feared for Leeteuk at the same time.

She knew the distant stares her eldest son would send the Delphian Queen. She too had noticed things changing in the woman; of course she wouldn’t bring it to Ji Ling. It was not her right or place to say anything, neither was it Kangin’s. They had no right and the fear of drama and controversies, is what Queen Ji Yeon feared. She did not want her son’s reputation to look bad—she wished that for none of her children. She’d rather it be her than them. They had their whole lives ahead of them, while she was waiting for her husband her to grow old together. Their life was almost completed—a couple more years, but Kangin would to over the crown and throne sooner than later. And even if it was a couple of years later, time would go by quick and before they knew it they were waiting for grandchildren.

Many things starting fearing both queens—too much they highly thought about. She was aware whom her son admired and she supported it, but she had her fears as well. She knew what this world was full of—both good and bad, both supporting and judgment. It feared her greatly that the two princes were heirs—they would have their own realms to look after and their own people to serve. Not only that, people would be expecting an heir to both Amiopian and Delphian throne.

She knew that there was also a strong possibility that King Il Hoon and Queen Ji Ling would not accept their son’s relationship or uality. Kangin and Leeteuk were still young and she knew the distance between the two made them both sad. It saddened and concerned her that there would be many words released about the two princes. She wished for them to not be judged since they didn’t deserve it. But life wasn’t easy, and no one ever said it would be simple and safe. That was just a land of dreams and fantasies.

There was something between the two princes, she knew that well. This is what scared her a bit—if it was real they wouldn’t want to part, not that she wanted them to. It was young love and people were lucky to have such experience, but nothing would get easier as they got older. Things would become more difficult, especially in the couple if they made it that far. Even if she hoped for it, there was no guarantee.

Ji Yeon did wonder how far the two would go. She wondered how compatible they truly were. If they were meant to be she really did wonder how their future would turn out to be. She wondered if their pain would destroy them—the hurt would be their departure.

“There is that small possibility that they will not accept.” Queen Ji Yeon said. She cleared and looked down at her folded hands. “I fear and worry for the worst that could happen.”

“Don’t think such things, Ji Yeon. Like you’ve always said with your good advice, stay positive and that we must do.” Queen Ji Song said, using the other queen’s own advice.

“Even though I try to stay positive, I can wonder about the other paths—the other outcomes of this all. I really worry.” Queen Ji Yeon protested. She agreed with the other queen—positive thoughts were better than negativity. That was something she did believe, but she still worried. She still wondered and they wouldn’t know what would happen afterwards.

 

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

 

“It is a beautiful sight.” Yunho whispered, but loud enough for the other prince to hear. Yunho was visiting Unimon and was looking at the calmed Ocean. He was pretty surprised by the fact that Jaejoong was all alone. King Shin Young and Queen Min Jun weren’t there.

When Yunho had asked why Jaejoong’s parents weren’t there, the other prince had smiled sadly and looked down at his shoes and said, “They’re never here in January.” This appalled Yunho indeed. He would have to ask for further information from his father—he knew this arrangement made Jaejoong somewhat sad and he would not sadden the boy more.

He would never do that. Yunho wished to see Jae’s smile and to make sure no sadness or tears were released from him. Jaejoong did not deserve to be sad, Yunho knew that. It angered him that someone—Jaejoong’s own parents—had made the Unimonian heir sad. If only he could do something, Yunho would, but he had no clue.

“It is very fascinating.” Jaejoong said as he stared deeply at the Ocean.

“Beautiful. Like many other things.” Yunho muttered under his breath. He knew other things that were more fascinating than the Ocean—that he would not share with anyone.

“Huh, did you say something, Yunho?” Jaejoong asked, clueless to what the other prince had muttered.

“Nothing,” Yunho said, wishing that he had only said such things in his mind rather than out loud.

Jaejoong turned away from the beautiful Ocean sight and looked towards the other prince. “Yunho, I must ask you something.”

Yunho blinked, feeling quite nervous. He too turned away from the sight he was once looking at just to look at the most beautiful sight to him. He smiled softly, “Yes?”

Jaejoong looked down and then lifted his head back up. He was nervous. He didn’t know if he regretted saying anything or not. “Do you ever…” He couldn’t say it. His intentions weren’t to ask Yunho something normal. This was important—it could turn bad or good.

He didn’t plan to ask but did at the same time. He knew he wanted to do something about these feelings that he wasn’t sure they were going to be accepted or rejected.

What if he was rejected? Yunho would feel weird since they are friends and likely wouldn’t want to be friends with him anymore. Jaejoong would be chagrinned! Yunho might as well feel bashful too. If it went wrong, it would be Jaejoong’s fault that their friendship hadn’t lasted. It would be his fault that they would not be communicating together anymore.

Then again, there was that possibility that Jaejoong’s feelings would be accepted. If so, there was that possibility that both young princes would be smiling for different reasons. There would be different reasons for living and breathing.

“Yes, Jae?” Yunho’s voices made Jaejoong sink back into reality.

Jaejoong blinked. He took a deep breath. “Yunho, you deserve to know of things that concern you in any way. I enjoy, I really do enjoy our communication and time spent together.”

Yunho seemed sad. “Do you wish for it to discontinue?”

“No! Not at all, I wish for it to continue on forever.” Those words seemed to bring a smile to the Ziroian heir.

“Forever? Jae, I tend to wonder…how long forever is, for us. I wonder how long it will be until our time ends.” Yunho explained.

“Our ending time in what, Yunho? Being friends? Our communication? Our lives? Do you think of the ending of a good bond and lives so soon?” Jaejoong asked, a little shocked.

“Our freedom, Jae.” Yunho said.

Jaejoong snorted. “We didn’t have much to begin with.”

“Agreed.” Yunho said and folded his two hands. He sighed deeply and continued on with his words, “We will have our duties to tend to soon—not enough time for friends.”

“We’ve always tended our duties ever since the day we could walk. Acting proper and like a royal—it something that we were always taught ever since we were little.” Jaejoong explained, not affected much by Yunho’s words.

Yunho nodded his head. They had always been expected highly from their dear beloved parents. “That is true.”

Jaejoong felt nervous, but grabbed Yunho’s folded hands in his which caught the prince’s attention. “I…I like you a lot, Yunho-shi. It is only your presence I wish to see every day.”

“I-I…” Yunho was surprised by Jaejoong’s confession. He felt the same too, but didn’t know how to say it.

“Do you feel the same too, Yun?” Jaejoong asked his eyes full of hope. This seemed to be the scariest thing experience ever in his life.

Yunho took his hands back which startled Jaejoong. Yunho cupped Jaejoong’s cheeks with his two hands and placed a soft peck on the Unimonian prince’s lips. Jaejoong’s eyes widened. 

 

To both of them, this was the most beautiful sight that could ever be seen.