Interlude (Sungmin and Shindong)

Evil Maknae Matchmaking Services
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys!

Here's the next chapter, and sorry, but it's not yet Yewook. In fact, it's not even exactly about another pair being victimized helped by Changkyu. This is that short chapter I've mentioned before featuring Sungmin and Shindong.

Please enjoy! ^_^

“Shindong hyung?” Sungmin suddenly said thoughtfully.

Sungmin and Shindong were the only two Super Junior members awake, sitting at the kitchen table. It was nearly midnight, and their other members have gone straight to bed after another tiring day filled with performances and appearances.

“Yes, Sungmin-ah?” Shindong replied before taking a large gulp from his steaming mug of hot chocolate.

“I think Kyuhyun’s in love with Changmin.”

At those most unexpected words, Shindong accidentally spat out the hot chocolate.

“What?!” he spluttered and choked a bit.

Sungmin just shrugged.

Shindong wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. “What makes you say that, Sungminnie?” he demanded. Because, really, talk about throwing something like that to him out of nowhere!

“It’s just… I just…” Sungmin frowned, trying to find the words to explain his hunch properly. “Don’t you think Kyuhyun’s been acting odd around Changmin lately?”

“But he hasn’t even been around Changmin lately,” Shindong pointed out. The whole Super Junior had flown to China for some promotions a couple of days after Eunhyuk and Donghae’s concert. They had been there for a couple of weeks and had only just gotten back to Korea yesterday.

“I meant before we left for China. Haven’t you seen the looks he’s been giving Changmin, hyung? I really think there’s something there!”

“And I really think you’re getting a bit delusional,” Shindong shook his head.

“It’s love, I tell you, hyung!” Sungmin insisted. “And that whole time we’ve been away, didn’t you see how he was pinning for Changmin?”

“Pinning for Changmin?! Wasn’t Kyuhyun just being odd the whole time, just staring blankly at his phone as though he was hoping he could make it ring?” Shindong remembered how Kyuhyun had acted weirdly while they were in China, bewildering his hyungs with his odd behavior.

“Exactly!” the younger said triumphantly. “I bet he was wishing that Changmin called him! He was missing Changmin terribly, Shindong!”

“I don’t know, Sungmin,” Shindong said, still doubtful. “Don’t they normally talk on the phone nonstop when they’re away from each other in different countries? And I don’t think Kyuhyun actually phoned Changmin even once when we were in China…”

“So, they’re having a little lovers’ quarrel,” Sungmin shrugged. “That’s completely normal. Not to mention that it totally proves my theory.”

Sungmin positively beamed at the thought of Changmin and Kyuhyun together.

Shindong, however, looked horrified.

“How can you be happy about the thought that they might be in love with each other?” he asked Sungmin, completely appalled.

Sungmin blinked at him. “Why won’t I be happy if they’re in love with each other, hyung?”

“Sungmin!” Shindong groaned exasperatedly. “Can you think of the damage that will happen then? They already torture us on a daily basis as it is, and they’re just best friends now! What if they do get together and become lovers? I mean, the evil maknaes together?! As in, together together?! It will mean the end of the world!”

“Don’t exaggerate,” Sungmin scolded him, though he too was now starting to look a bit worried at the thought.

“Well, okay, maybe not the end of the world. Just the end of our lives,” Shindong amended.

Sungmin rolled his eyes. That really wasn't much better, after all. “Kyuhyun deserves happiness and love, hyung. If it’s with Changmin, who are we to complain?”

“I suppose so…” Shindong sighed heavily. Then, he brightened. “Hey, maybe if they do get together, they’ll be too busy being lovey dovey with each other to make our lives hell!”

“See? There’s always a bright side to things,” Sungmin nodded approvingly. “I think it’s great if the maknaes have been struck by love cupids, too!”

“Too?” Shindong questioned.

“Haven’t you noticed what’s going on lately? Couples just seem to be suddenly getting together left and right! Look at our group! First, it was Leeteuk hyung and Kangin hyung. Then, Heechul hyung and Hankyung hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter