Party

living in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They finally arrived 10 minutes afterwards in front of the party still not daring to get out of their vehicle. Hanna's eyes widen when they fall upon the view of their destination. They were in front of a mansion. A mansion.

Hanna was deep in thought until she heard Layla's voice, “Wow.”  She said under her breath as she in the view in front of her. Hanna on the other hand, was still looking out the window, but she could see the way Layla’s eyes grew wide in amazement in the rear view mirror.

“He always goes all out when it comes to parties.” Layla said.

“You’ve been to this ‘he’s party?” Hanna said now looking at Layla.

“No, but I’ve heard people talk about it,” she replied.

“And who is this ‘he’ you speak of?”

“Kim Joonmyeon, but people call him Suho,” Hanna nods in agreement.

 

After gawking over the mansion, Layla goes to park her car on the side of the road near the place and gets out of the car, followed by Hanna. They walk over to the front door and ring the doorbell. The door opens and relives a blonde guy who looks a bit older then Layla and Hanna. Hanna was surprised that he was able to hear the doorbell from all the loud music playing in the background.

“Hey, you came!” the blonde kid says.

“We sure did, Suho.” Layla said with a big smile plastered on her face followed by a hug. So this is Suho. Hanna thought.

“Oh, you brought a friend?” Suho said in the form of a question more than a statement than he interpreted it to be.

“This is Hanna, the new student from school.” Layla said, pointing a finger at Hanna. “Hi.” Hanna waved a hand at Suho shyly.

“Hey.” Hanna saw the biggest smile she has ever seen on a human being. “Well come on in. Go and enjoy the party. Have fun, ” Suho said emphasizing the last part with a huge grin on his face as he closes the door behind Hanna and Layla once they had entered, and with that he took off. Hanna was very surprised from the very loud music radiating from the large speakers near the DJ as the sound very quickly reached her ear drums making it hard to hear anything but the music.

She looked around and saw lots of people dancing and holding drinks in their hands while doing so. “Let’s go get something to drink.” Before Hanna could mutter a word, Layla grabbed her hand and dragged her towards a self-served bar. The bar was filled with different drinks. Most that reeked of alcohol.

Layla took one of the alcohol drinks and poured some of it in the cup she was holding and drank it in one go. She pours more alcohol inside the cup again, but this time it wasn’t for her. “What?” Hanna was confused when Layla held her cup towards her.

“Here.” Layla said as she grabbed Hanna’s hand and forced the drink in her grasps.

Hanna was confused as ever, “What am I supposed to do with this?” She raised her brow.

“Duh, you drink it. Silly goose,” Layla said.

“But I don’t drink-” Hanna was cut off by Layla.

“Just drink it.” Layla grabbed Hanna’s right hand that was holding the cup and forced it onto Hanna’s lips so she could drink the alcohol that would soon seep through her lips. Hanna tried everything she could to remove Layla’s grip around her wrist but it was no use her grip was firm.

Eventually Hanna gave up. She opened letting the alcohol touch her lips and slowly making it's way in and down . As soon as Hanna felt the cold bitter alcohol pass through she wanted to scream in pain because of how strong it was. She wanted to vomit from the bitter-disgusting taste. was burning right after she finished her drink. Hanna felt a little dizzy, but she shook her head trying to get rid of the blurriness clouding her vision. It seemed to work.

“How was it?” Layla asked while staring at her best friend.

"Very strong,” Hanna said. The bitter-disgusting taste was still lingering in and now her stomach; she wanted to claw and stomach out just to get the disgusting feeling out of her system.

“You’ll get used to it,” Layla said; Hanna stared at her in disbelief.

“I don’t think I’ll ever drink alcohol again,” Hanna mumbled under her breath.

“Come on let’s go dance.” Not waiting for a response, Layla grabbed Hanna by her wrist and dragged her to the dance floor.

Hanna and Layla were dancing to the exotic music with everyone that danced along to the beat as well; sometimes earning a few bumps here and there from dancers around them considering the place was crowed even if the place was big.                  

They dance and dance until their legs felt like giving out.

 

Suddenly the music came to a halt and everyone gave their attention to the DJ. Next to him was Suho. “Hello, everyone Are you all having a good time?!” Suho shouted through a microphone he had held up towards his mouth. Without hesitation, they all scream, “YEAHHH,” in response.

“That’s good to hear!” Suho said with a big smile plastered on his face. “Alright let’s get this party started! With a little bit of fun,” he wiggled his eyebrows.

Everyone started to scream in excitement. “Since there’s so many of us we’re going to divide you guys in groups.” Suho added. Some guys beside him were holding a big box in their hands.

“There are numbers in these boxes,” he gestured to the boxes they were holding. “You each pick one. It will tell you what group you’re in,” One of the guys gave Suho an extra box and proceeded to walk around the room with their box in hand; everyone took a small piece of paper when the box came to them.

 

 It came Hanna's turn to draw out a piece of paper from the box. She slowly placed her hand inside the box and grabbed a small piece of folded paper. Hanna took her hand out and watched as the guy holding the box walked down to Layla. She waited as Layla took her hand out of the box to walk over to her.

“What group are you in?” Hanna asked as she pointed at the folded paper Layla was holding.

Layla unfolded the paper to reveal the group she was soon to be in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter