Chapter Three

The First Step

Chapter Three

            When Youngjae took BamBam away Jackson grabbed Mark’s hand before pulling his boyfriend into a kiss. He missed Mark so much and it took literally forever to beg his uncle to allow him and BamBam to switch schools, but to see Mark, to be able to actually touch him was totally worth it.

            “So I vote for skipping first period.” Jackson said smiling wide. He was dying for some alone time with Mark and if school was one of their only options to see each other than so be it.

            “Jackson it is literally the first day, of senior year no less and you wanna skip?” Mark asked, a hint of disbelief in his voice but he was mostly happy as well.

            “Just first period, come on I haven’t gotten to see you in forever. I’m Mark starved, so feed me.” Jackson said.

            Mark blushed at the boy’s words, still getting used to his boyfriends erted speech. Half the time Jackson was joking when he said anything but the look in his eyes today said differently, and if Mark was being honest with himself he was Jackson starved as well. So grabbing Jackson’s hand he lead them both down the hallway, you never learned anything real important on the first day of school anyway.

            “So Mark where are you taking me?” Jackson asked as he looked around his new school casually. It was much larger than his old school if he was being honest and he was excited to be at a place with new faces.

            “The gym,” Mark said before turning around a corner.

            “My, are we gonna make-out behind the bleachers? How very cliché Mark.” Jackson said laughing.

            “Shh, we’re gonna get caught if you keep talking so loudly and for your information we will not be going behind the bleachers, I know an even better spot.” Mark said pulling Jackson down a sweat-smelling filled hallway and into a room. It was very dark at first and Jackson had to totally rely on Mark to see. He even yelped when his foot got caught in something, until the lights suddenly . Blinking Jackson noticed an array of old sports gear, Mark had brought him into a storage room.

            Before Jackson could get out another silly remark, Mark had pushed Jackson up against a wall and kissed him. Getting over the initial shock Jackson began to kiss his boyfriend back, his tongue teasing at Mark’s bottom lip, before on it gently. Both boys were soon panting as they gripped at each other’s bodies.

            “I missed you so much…” Mark said before moving to give Jackson another kiss, but when he did his mouth landed on Jackson’s hand which he was using to cover his mouth.

            “As much as I’d love to keep doing this, because trust me I want to memorize every inch of your body, I have something to ask first.”

            Cocking his head to the side, Mark gave Jackson a little room, moving to stand just a foot apart.

            “Okay shoot,” Mark said curious as to what his boyfriend was thinking. It must have been serious for them to stop kissing, Jackson usually loved quite moments like these, where their panting and soft moans were the only things audible in the room.

            “I wanna know what’s wrong with you, I know you try to act all happy around BamBam and Youngjae but I know what it looks like when something is bothering you.”

            Sighing, Mark rubbed a hand over his face before waving Jackson over to sit on a wooden bench inside the room.

            “To be honest, it’s my dad I think. When I first got back everything was fine, I thought we might actually be able to have a normal relationship but then I overheard him talking to my mother about how I’m such a disappointment. He said, why bother saving any college money for me because I’m probably not gonna make it that far, can you believe that? He thinks I’m so stupid that I won’t even be able to get into college. It’s like he’s given up on me, and to make matters worse it sounds like my mom is starting to agree with him. I’m not even his son, so I expect this from him but my mom?” Mark said, with tears threating to fall from his eyes.

            “It’s like I live in this icy place where there isn’t enough love for everyone. Everyone else can rely on each other but I’m the one that gets left behind and it . I try not to care b…but I do care,” Mark said crying. Jackson quickly wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and gentles ran his fingers through Mark’s hair. He wished his boyfriend didn’t have to feel this way, he wished he could help but Jackson never really had these type of family issues. His parents loved each other so much, and only ever argued about very small things before making up with each other. Jackson had lived in a loving environment, one so different from the sorrow filled one Mark was a part of.

            “Hey, Mark listen to me. You aren’t alone okay, you have me and BamBam and Youngjae. We love you like crazy and while that probably isn’t enough it’s a start right?”

            Looking up at his boyfriend Mark shook his head no, “You’re enough Jackson, you’re enough for me.” Both boys sat in the dim lit room, one anchoring the other while the other tried their hardest not to come apart.