Chapter Sixteen

The First Step

Chapter Sixteen

            Pulling up to Jaebum’s house Jackson parked his car and walked up to the front door. He rang the doorbell and waited. He was still a bit sweaty from practice but he couldn’t shake the feeling of wanting to see Mark before going home. Jackson was about to knock again when Jinyoung opened the door.

            “Oh hello Jackson what a pleasant surprise, Mark is just inside his room. Will you be staying for dinner?”

            “Oh I wouldn’t want to over stay my welcome I just wanted to say a quick hello.” Jackson said smiling up at the older man. Jackson absolutely adored Jinyoung and he was much nicer than Jaebum who grilled Jackson the moment he found out he was dating Mark. Jackson still had nightmares about it sometimes.

            “Oh nonsense you have to stay, I’m making homemade pizza, now go say hello to Mark.” Jinyoung said, pushing the boy towards Mark’s room. Jackson laughed all the way to the hallway but was quiet as he walked down the familiar halls. Jackson could sometimes feel a pulse within the home, his old childhood home. Jackson ignored it when he got to Mark’s room which was open and smiled when he say Mark who had apparently just taken a shower because his towel was still hanging low on his hips. Mark’s brown hair clung to his forehead and Jackson was more than pleased to see some water droplets fall from his hair and onto his chest.

            “Oh I think I like this very much,” Jackson said, leaning against the door frame and holding onto it as he laughed. Mark looked absolutely comical when his look of shock burst across his face.

            “ing Jackson! Don’t you know how to knock?” Mark said, gripping tighter onto the towel that he nearly dropped when Jackson spooked him.

            “Aw don’t be like that Markie-Pooh, I just came to say hello and I’m so glad I did.” Jackson said, stepping inside Mark’s room and shutting the door to give them more privacy.

            “You look amazing with no clothes on. You know I think this is the first time I’ve seen you shirtless like this…I really like Mark.” Jackson told his boyfriend as he walked over and lightly wrapped his arms around the taller boy. Mark smelt like shampoo, all clean and inviting while Jackson himself smelt like sweat and deodorant.

            “Jackson I literally just showered and you’re all dirty.” Mark said annoyed, but his voice still had a hint of amusement.

            “Yea…but I wanted to see you real bad. I know you didn’t have the best day today…I wanted to make it up to you.” Jackson said, pecking Mark’s shoulder with a kiss before pulling back to admire his boyfriend’s body. Jackson so very rarely got to see Mark like this, out in the open. Jackson brought his hand up to cup Mark’s chin before bring the boy into a soft, almost chaste kiss.

            “I love you, you know that right Mark?” Jackson asked the boy. Having their strange connection sometimes wasn’t enough, sure it felt extra warm and safe to be near Mark and when they actually touched skin to skin that spark would sometimes dance across their skin like when Jackson was a ghost but it wasn’t enough. Jackson still had so much to learn about Mark and while Jackson was an open book, reading Mark was like reading in a foreign language. It wasn’t impossible but it was difficult.

            “I…I know Jackson, I know I can be a bit difficult sometimes but I’m trying not to be…”

            Kissing Mark’s cheek Jackson smiled at his boyfriend, Jackson needed to make the boy feel better, even if just for a moment so pulling the boy to the bed he sat Mark and himself down.

            “You’re fine sweetie, I love everything about you and you know that; you’ve felt it. That spark between us is real. You are the only person I’ll ever want so it’s fine. You are fine…” Jackson growled out lowly, sliding his hand up Mark’s bare thigh.

            “Jinyoung…” Mark tried to say before Jackson captured his lips. Jackson pulled his towel dressed boyfriend up and into his lap. Jackson pulled the boy into another kiss, the water from Mark’s hair and chest dampening his own shirt.

            “Jackson you’re all sweaty…I just took a shower.” Mark said as Jackson kissed his neck. Jackson just laughed and said, “Well I guess I just gotta get you all dirty.”

            Mark gasped at his words as Jackson continued to trail his hands over his boyfriend. Mark tried to stifle a moan as Jackson reached between his legs and his fingers brushed just the tip of his length. When Jackson reached his hand further, Marks bedroom door opened to reveal a very angry Jaebum.

            Mark yelped and fell back, pushing Jackson to the floor as he closed his legs.

            “Dinner is ready…Jinyoung asked me to fetch you two.” He said, glaring daggers at Jackson. If looks could kill Jackson would be six-feet under.

            “Okay we’ll be there in a second, I just gotta get dressed…” Mark said, slowly sliding from the bed, careful like a terrified animal. 

            “Jackson come with me, Mark is currently indecent.” Jaebum said before turning to walk away.