Chapter Fifteen

The First Step

Chapter Fifteen

            After Jackson finished fencing practice he headed to the locker room to get cleaned up. He felt a bit short from how he used to fence and he got tired pretty easily but the coach had said he had done well so he tried to convince himself that it was enough. The accident had taken so much from him but this…he wasn’t going to let it take this away from him. He felt good with a sabre in his hand, he felt like himself. While Jackson was pulling a clean shirt on, he could hear someone talking.

            “Yea I know, Youngjae is a ing idiot to be walking around with that kid. What did he think we would just break up and everything would be fine? Yea no, he’ll get what’s coming to him and that kid he’s hangout out with.” The voice said. Jackson stepped closer to see the two boys. While he wasn’t very close with Youngjae he was Mark’s friend and he wanted to make sure he would be okay. Also the talk about a small new kid, Jackson was pretty sure that BamBam was Youngjae’s only new friend at this school and no one was going to mess with his baby brother.

            “I don’t know man, what about Mark. You two got into the fight last summer.” The boy on the left said as he lased up his shoes.

            “Tuan? He couldn’t even beat me in his dreams. I saw him run into the library crying like a little . He got lucky last summer because I was drunk. If he ever tried to come for me I’d break him in half.” And on that note Jackson walked towards the two, deadly calm.

            “Hey good job you guys,” Jackson said before reaching his hand out to shake theirs. “I never got your names.”

            “Oh my names Thomas,” The first boy said, but Jackson was focused on the taller boy. “Yugyeom and you’re Jackson right? You used to play at competitions I think, what brings you to this school.” Yugyeom said shaking his hand firmly.

            “Oh I got into an accident that put me out of the game for a while…but I’m back now. As for coming to this school well my boyfriend goes here and we do get enough time together so I thought this was a good idea.”

            “Oh really what’s his name I might know him, this school isn’t that big after all.” Yugyeom said.

            Smiling wickedly Jackson said, “Mark Tuan and that boy Youngjae hangs out with is my little brother BamBam. If you even so much as look at my little brother or boyfriend you’ll be sorry. Because while I’m pretty awesome with a sabre I’m also very good with my fists.” Jackson said his smile growing as a look of surprise crossed both boy’s faces.

            “Well I hope you both make it on the team, I’m pretty sure I will.” Jackson said before walking away to grab his bag. As long as Jackson was here nothing would hurt the one’s he cared about, not as long as he was breathing.