Chapter Two

The First Step

Chapter Two

            “Okay well, I really want to spend time with Mark so could you show BamBam around?” Jackson asked Youngjae, his smile friendly but his gaze sending a secret message that Youngjae could only decipher as, “I wanna make-out with my boyfriend so take my brother and be gone.”

            Youngjae looked over at Mark, and was about to complain when he saw the softest smile on his best friend’s face. Mark needed this time alone with Jackson and while Youngjae wished his brotherly love was enough he knew it wasn’t. Jackson was special and Mark needed whatever Jackson was willing to give. So it up like a good best friend, Youngjae sighed and said, “Come on BamBam,” Not even bothering to put anything in his locker he just started walking away with the younger boy at his heels.

            “So I need to grab my schedule, where do we get them?” BamBam asked the older boy. BamBam was kind of excited to be at a new school. During the summer he tried to re connect with his old friends but after the accident it just wasn’t the same. This new school was like a new start for him. Here he wasn’t the awakened coma patient, he was just BamBam.

            “We get those posted on the wall and it’s not your whole schedule it’s your homeroom. That teacher is the one that gives you the class schedule. Let’s go find your name on the wall.” Youngjae finally found what he was looking before and looked for BamBam’s name, before remembering that it was a nickname.

            “What’s your actual name? They don’t post nicknames on the board.” Youngjae said. When the boy blushed Youngjae sighed.

            “BamBam I don’t have all day, you’re gonna make me late.” He said glaring at the shorter boy.

            Youngjae thought he heard BamBam say something, but then he just stood up on his tippy-toes and looked for it himself. Curious about what his name could possibly be Youngjae looked for BamBam’s last name. It was easy to find the last name Wang on the board because few people had the letter W for a last name and when he came across Jackson’s name the name under it made him laugh a little bit.

            “Kunpimook? How do you even pronounce that?” Youngjae asked, after trying it a couple times and failing miserably BamBam told him but not before swearing him to secrecy. 

            Youngjae began to ruffle the cute boy’s hair before he heard a voice call his name.

            “Well well well, if it isn’t Youngjae. This your new boy toy? I’m amazed really, is he even allowed to be at high school?”

            “Hey I’m sixteen thank you very much! Now who the heck are you?” BamBam said, clearly offended by the boy.

            “Yugyeom, how’s your face feel. Too bad Mark didn’t leave any markings on it, it might have been an improvement.”

            “Oh how is Mark, I heard he got sent to boot camp or something. Did you cry because you could his anymore? No wonder you wouldn’t sleep with me, why would you need to with Mark’s so far up your .”
            “Please I didn’t sleep with you because you are a grade A , and for your information Mark did not go to boot camp, he spent time with his brother.”

            “Ah, the ever terrifying Jaebum, I bet him gave Mark a real kicking.” Yugyeom said laughing.

            “Oh you mean the way Mark kicked your ?” Youngjae said holding his ground. He hated his ex-boyfriend and this was not the way he wanted to spend his first day of senior year. Things were supposed to be different, not a repeat of the same .

            “Whatever, watch your back Youngjae.”  Yugyeom said, walking away from the two boys.

            “You used to date Mark? And Mark beat that guy up? Mark beats people up?!” BamBam asked, firing off questions. Youngjae just sighed before grabbing BamBam’s hand and dragging the boy away from the scene of the crime.

            “Youngjae! Who was that?” BamBam asked huffing as he sat down on the floor.

            “That was my ex-boyfriend and no I didn’t date Mark, the boy is cute but gross. And before you ask yes Mark did in fact beat him up, Mark kinda gets into a lot of fights. It was way worse when Jaebum went to high school here.” Youngjae said, smiling at the memory of Mark smashing his fist on Yugyeom’s face. Such an awesome moment that was.

            “So why’d you and that guy break up?” BamBam asked, pushing for answers.

            “Well we were at a party and when I wouldn’t have with him he dumped me, pretty awesome huh?” Youngjae said, his smile faltering. He had really liked the boy but he guess Yugyeom only stuck around for .

            “No offense but that guy is a , even you deserve way more than that. What were you thinking?”

            Ruffling BamBam’s hair again much to the younger boy’s annoyance Youngjae said, “Temporary insanity I think, but don’t worry I am way over it.”

            “You better be, I don’t wanna hang out with a crazy person.” BamBam said. “Now come on. I think I will give you the honor of walking me, the cutest boy in the world to class.”
            “In your dreams!” Youngjae said before walking towards BamBam’s homeroom and it wasn’t until they got there that Youngjae noticed they had been holding hands the whole time.