#2

My #1 Boyfriend

“Let go of me!” he said turning around to see how far the group of men were from us.

“Get the fishes back first! Or I’ll never let go of you!” I shouted refusing to let go.

“Hurry and let go of me. If you don’t I’ll die for sure!” he said quickly trying to pry my fingers off him, but I held on tightly.

“Get me the fishes first!” I declared.

“I mean it! Let go of me!” he said sounding panicky and pried my fingers off him then pushed me back to the cement. He pushed me so hard that my head actually hit the concrete. I gave a small shout and grabbed the side of my head in pain. A few seconds after he ran off a person in a black jacket pulled me off from the ground with so much force it felt like he could throw me all the way to the U.S.

“Where did he go?” he demanded in a rough threatening voice. The guy was so huge it made me feel like a mouse.

“I don’t know who you’re talking about,” I muttered.

“You were holding onto him! Where did you let him go?! You better not be lying to me or I’ll kill you! Where did you let him go to?!” he questioned.

“I really don’t know. Please don’t hurt me,” I said.

“Tell me where that bastard ran off to!” he shouted one last time.

Whatever I say he wouldn’t be satisfied with I figured. I had to think of an idea to get me out of this situation. It took me a while to come up with the simplest idea.

“Police! Over here! Police!” I shouted.

“Where?” the man asked dropping me to the ground.

I quickly got up to scram, but he caught me by the hood of my jacket.

“You won’t get away with lying to me!” he said. I gave a short cry and to my surprise I was thrown back to the ground as someone came in between me and the bully.

“I don’t like people who pick on women,” he said. I pushed aside the hair that had come out of my ponytail to look at the person who came to help me. And to my surprise it was the same person who caused me to be in this situation.

“You came back,” the person who'd attacked me said, “so…” before he could go on he was punched in the face. The man who'd helped me turned back and grabbed my arm pulling me up and after him as he made a run for it.

“What are you doing?” I exclaimed as he dragged me. “Let go of me!”

“Not if you want to die!” he called.

Well that shut me up. We raced through the alleys and now I was practically lost. I was out of my neighborhood and on some street I had never been on before. Not long after we wounded up on a small trail leading up to a hill and beyond that green hill was a small wooden cabin. He opened the door and we entered. He finally let go of my hand after he slammed the door shut.

I rubbed my wrist and asked, “What’s this place?”

He ignored me and sat down on a chair massaging his leg. I watched him for a period of time then got bored. As I did I walked towards the door and grabbed the doorknob.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he questioned.

I turned to look at him and replied, “I’m leaving. What else would I be doing?”

“You can’t leave,” he said abruptly.

“Watch me,” I said and twisted the doorknob opening the door. As I did so he rushed up and pushed the door closed.

“Don’t make me repeat myself,” he warned. I glared at him and pushed his hand away.

“I’m not staying here with you. I need to get back to my mom,” I said.

“She can wait a day or so, but you can’t go,” he repeated.

“You can wait here, I’m going.” I said opening the door again. This time he set his hand on mine pushing the door close.

“No way,” he said slowly making each word sound long. Just the warmth of his hands twisted my mind and I quickly removed my hand. I walked to the other side of the room and turned to face him.

“Don’t do that again,” I said holding onto my hand. “Don’t come over here. You stay on that side and I’ll stay here.”

He shut the door coolly and sat down again, “Alright, whatever. Have it your way.”

I sat down on the ground leaning against the wall. The cabin was pretty small. There was just this room and a sink and stove along the wall to my left and a counter along the wall to my right. A table right in the middle of the room was the only thing that pretty much decorated this place. There was also a bedroom along the side of the wall where I was leaning against.