#27

My #1 Boyfriend

Helpless tears ran out streaming down my face. I couldn’t do anything. I took a step forward and went on my knees just as I heard steps behind me.

“I will leave…so please don’t do anything anymore,” I said quietly.

Mr. Wang gave a successful laugh, “You hear that? I should take a picture.”

I shut my eyes in embarrassment. I knew my father would never allow me to do such a thing if he were alive. I’ve disappointed everyone.

“Get up and leave,” Mr. Wang told as he grabbed his cup of water.

I quickly ran out and behind me I could hear the usual yelling Jiro gave his father.

“Selina! Selina!” I heard.

I ignored him and kept on walking, but he pulled me by the arm to hold me back.

“Selina!” he shouted.

“Stop it!” I shouted so tired of it. So tired of his dad. I just felt so tired. “I don’t want it! Leave me alone! Just go to the states! Go get married! I feel so much pain when I see you!”

I felt Jiro’s stare. Not wanting to go back on my words I quickly ran off. I thought Jiro would have come after me, but I never turned back to look so I never knew. I never knew that he’d collapsed.

I spent the rest of my time at home waiting, wondering. That was all I did. I waited and waited for Jiro to come…but he never did.

5 years later…

“You have no daddy!”

“You’re a poor kid!”

“I bet your mommy stole you!”

“I bet you were so ugly your father died when he saw you!”

“Hey! Kids! What are you doing here?” a voice questioned.

The kids of five or six years old looked up to see a tall man standing behind them. Quickly they all scampered off.

“Uncle Dan!” the little boy shouted in delight.

Danson smiled at the little boy and picked him up.

“Are you done? Can we go see mommy now?” the little boy questioned.

“Sure we can and we’ll eat ice cream on the way,” Danson said.

The little boy squealed in delight as Danson carried him off.

************************************

I never left the past behind, but I was too busy nowadays getting along with life to think about any regrets. The most important things in my life was the child I had, Ethan, and the restaurant I owned. All thanks to Danson I was able to successfully open it. Over the 5 years I’ve spent alone I would have never thought that I would get so close to Danson. Knowing his life’s daily routine, where he lived, what he did at this time and that, and so on. Mom and Xi had moved to a bigger apartment out of the city where Xi went for university. Sadly I didn’t complete school because I dropped out in the middle of my junior year. I just couldn’t go on.

I was sitting in my office staring at some papers when there was a knock. I turned to the open door to see Ethan in Danson’s arms.

“Mommy!” he shouted as Danson let him down. He ran over to me and I pulled him onto my lap. He was getting so big nowadays thanks to all the junk food Danson kept feeding him.

“You just got back?” I asked him then gasped. “What’s this on your lip?”

“Mommy uncle Dan bought me ice cream,” Ethan said pointing to Danson.

“I thought I said no more,” I said.

Danson laughed and rubbed Ethan’s hair making it all messy, “Hey, I thought I told you it was a secret.”

Ethan moved his head back and forth and leaned against me.

“They picked on him again today,” Danson told taking a chair and sitting down. “I’ll call their parents about it so don’t worry.”

“About not having a father?” I asked.

Danson smiled and nodded, “Do you know when he’s coming back?”

“I don’t want to know,” I said Ethan’s hair.

All of a sudden he turned with his thumb to his lips saying, “Mommy should marry uncle Dan so I can call someone daddy.”

I laughed, “You silly boy.”

“I think that’s a great idea!” Danson piped in then looked at me so I knew he was just cheering Ethan up. “We’ll go out and eat later shall we?”

“Yea!” Ethan screamed throwing his arms up in the air.

“Hey! I thought I said no more of those foods!” I chipped in.

*****************************************

The airport had gotten loud and noisy as the automatic doors opened. Outside many reporters were waiting with their microphones and cameras.

“Mr. Wang can you explain to us about what happened to your dad?”

“We’d like to hear your story.”

“Please this’ll just take a moment.”

“What do you think will happen to the Sunrise Enterprise? Will it go down? Would you mind telling us your thoughts on this?”

A man with very stylish hair and thick black sunglasses turned to his bodyguard whispering, “Get them out of my sight immediately and don’t let anything get printed.”

“Yes sir,” the man said and started to push the reporters away as Jiro boarded a black car.

As the door closed and the car drove off Jiro was finally able to relax a little. He sat back in his seat sighing. It’d been 5 years since he’d left he wondered if everything had changed. He wanted to know what Selina was doing and how she was living, but before he could do anything else he needed to go to the company first.

It was a really, really big building with many glass windows. As Jiro walked in many people greeted him. He did not give them any reply except hurried up to his office to get a lot of things out of the way.

“My father will not be here during the meantime so I, Jiro Wang, his son will be taking over in his place,” Jiro announced at the meeting. “I know we have many problems going on right now and we’re losing many stocks but I assure you I will have everything fixed ASAP.”

“GM,” a man in a grey uniform said, “there’s a restaurant near here. I hear they have pretty good business. If we sign with them we may be able to get some of the money they make.”

“Good idea, but I’ll think about that later. Get me the restaurant’s name, its location, and an estimate of how many people go there each day. Leave it on my desk and I’ll take a look. Meeting ends here,” Jiro dismissed.

Everyone slowly began to get out of their seats and walk out.

“Are you sure this is ok?” Tai, Jiro’s personal assistant, asked.

“I’ll figure everything out after I come back,” Jiro said.

“But sir where are you going?” Tai questioned.

“It’s a secret,” Jiro told and walked out.