#24

My #1 Boyfriend

“You must be the guy friend that’s holding her back,” I could see that he was closing in on us.

Jiro and I backed up unsteadily.

“Get them,” he quickly ordered.

Everything happened too fast and I was unable to make out anything. Why was it so dark? I heard quick fast footsteps around us then I realized they were trying to pull me away from Jiro. I screamed.

“Selina!” Jiro shouted trying to hold me back but my hands slipped from his shirt.

“Jiro!” I shouted.

“Lets get this over with,” the man said as he lunged at Jiro.

Luckily Jiro dodged in time giving the man a punch in the stomach. I watch two dark figures pound at each other as arms held me back.

“Jiro your left!” I shouted desperately.

I kept shouting and shouting. Who knows how long we’d been in that alley. Before I knew it Jiro was knocked to the ground and as he tried to get up I heard glass shatter. My eyes opened wide. I was silent, the alley was very silent. Only the man was laughing.

“Have a sweet dream,” he muttered as he raised his feet to crush Jiro.

Before he could I rushed out of his men’s grasp and pushed him away covering Jiro.

“Help! Help! Someone! Help me! Please!” I shouted so loudly. I was finally screaming for help. I was finally letting that word out of my mouth. Not for my life but for Jiro’s. When I heard footsteps coming the men quickly dashed away.

“Jiro,” I cried, “can you hear me? Jiro.”

He moaned and tried to mutter something but I couldn’t understand it. Tears rushed out of my eyes out of frustration.

“Help!” I screamed again. “Can anyone hear me?”

Again those footsteps neared and someone appeared by the alley. I was sobbing so hard by that time I could not mutter a word. When the person came by I was totally surprised. Danson. Danson had come.

Jiro was rushed into the emergency room just minutes after. I stood outside crying my eyes out hoping everything would be alright. Jiro’s father had been contacted through the police and the strangers who’d attacked us were being searched for.

“You!” I heard an angry voice behind me. As I turned around I faced a hard slap across my face. “You! It’s all your fault! You killed my son!”

I could not fight back this time. Tears hurriedly rushed out and Danson pushed me behind him.

“Sir, I don’t think it’s the time for this right now,” Danson said pretty calmly in defense of me, “Jiro’s being checked up by the doctors right now.”

“Who are you?! Her boyfriend? I knew it! You were two timing my son! You filthy person!” Mr. Wang shouted.

“Sir, please calm down,” Danson tried to keep the situation calm.

I didn’t want to lose him. Not now. It’s too soon. I couldn’t lose Jiro now. Tears quickly rushed down my face again. Mr. Wang was muttering something and then the door to the emergency room opened and out came the doctor. I rushed over to listen.

“I’m his father, how is he?” questioned Mr. Wang.

The doctor looked down, “It doesn’t seem too good. He’s been beaten pretty bad, but everything else seems well. Luckily the glass didn’t get too close to the skull.”

“Thank you,” Mr. Wang said and as the doctor appeared he glared at me angrily. “Leave him. I don’t want you near him. I’ll transfer him to another school. If I see you again you know clearly what will happen.”

“I’m sorry,” I managed through the tears.

“I said leave!” Mr. Wang shouted emphasizing on that last word.

I apologized again and walked out of the hospital sobbing. I covered my mouth to muffle the noises that were coming out of me. I couldn’t believe this. Why was this happening? It was just a small fight we had, nothing else had to turn out this bad. Why is everything always out to hurt us? I don’t want to separate…I don’t want to. Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder. “You ok?” Danson questioned. I didn’t reply. “You can pretend my shoulder is your pillow.” He pulled me gently so that my head rested on his shoulder. It wasn’t actually a hug he was giving me, but I could feel him pat my back gently.

************************************

“The bones are brittle right now. He was hit really hard I’m afraid that if he moves around too much he could lose some bones in the rib cage,” the doctor explained. “He’ll be asleep for a long time so it’d be best that he has no visitors.”

Mr. Wang nodded as he stared at his son lying on that white bed, “Thanks for the help doctor.”

The doctor nodded and walked out. Mr. Wang walked over to him and his hair gently.

“It’s all her fault,” Mr. Wang muttered, “I knew she had something against you. I promise I’ll never let this happen again. I’ll never let her near you.”

*************************************