#21

My #1 Boyfriend

****************************************

“So…how’d it go?” asked Mr. Wang as Jiro entered the house moodily.

Jiro just glared at his father and went up to his room making sure that he locked the door behind him.

“I know…I know she’s right, but why is it…that I’m afraid she’ll still go away from me?” he questioned himself. “Stupid! Stupid!”

****************************************

I could still bring myself to school the next day and I awaited for Jiro to apologize, but he just walked pass me as if it didn’t matter.

“Students! We have a new student joining us this year,” the teacher began, “please help him out if needed. After you introduce yourself please go take a seat next to Selina. She’ll help show you around campus at lunch.”

A handsome looking person nodded after the teacher had talked to him. His face was long, his hair was fine and thin and he had a very nice gentle looking face, it was just that he didn’t smile. He stared at us blankly.

“Hi everyone, my name is Danson Tang,” he introduced himself. “I hope you’ll welcome me here.”

After that he came to sit in the empty desk next to me. I turned to look at him and smiled, but in reply he just turned away. Well, that made me feel a little stupid but he was a new student so I should let him adjust a little.

Class ended and I quickly walked out after Danson. To my surprise the next few classes we had together then I saw that he didn’t speak any words to anyone. He didn’t seem so cold to me but why was he acting like it? After school had ended I decided to give him a tour of the campus. I hope or at least think he was paying attention because he didn’t ask any questions or make any sound.

“And this is the Polk Library,” I said as I stopped pointing to the building to my right. “That’s pretty much it for our campus not too big but you won’t get lost.”

I looked at him to see that he was observing the building that was the library. When he turned to see me smiling he quickly turned to look away.

“So umm…did you catch anything I said?” I questioned.

He nodded, “I did.”

“Did you just move here?” I said after thinking of some things to talk about.

He turned and walked away, “Thanks for the tour.”

I watched as he walked off then decided I better get to work. He ignored me that day, I didn’t see Jiro around, and he didn’t come to the restaurant, he wasn’t by that lonely tree like he’d always be.

It was all the same at school. He didn’t apologize which made me assume that he didn’t want to talk. Had I made him that mad that he’d just ignore me forever? What was I suppose to do then? Were we considered over?

“Hey,” a voice called.

I turned around to see Danson coming my way.

“I forgot where the Polk Library is…can you show me where it is again?” he questioned.

“Oh!” I smiled. “Sure thing!”

We walked around for a while in silence until we reached that very antique looking building.

“And here it is,” I told.

“Thanks, sorry for bothering you,” he apologized.

“It’s nothing, you’re welcome,” I said.

As I turned to go I stopped as Jiro came walking my way. Did he want to talk now? I hoped he did because I couldn’t stand him being like this. I stood there as Jiro walked passed me and felt shocked because he didn’t say anything. Before I could do anything else he came back and stood in front of me.

“Still taking the new kid around?” Jiro questioned.

I stared at him.

“Hey, she’s my girlfriend you better not touch her,” Jiro warned Danson, who was standing behind me.

Jiro walked on and I turned around shouting, “You could at least apologize!” That stopped him in his tracks.

“I said I don’t do those stuff,” Jiro said annoyed as if he were repeating himself.

“You’ve done it before! What’s so hard about doing it again?!” I questioned.

“You should think for yourself first,” Jiro said coldly.

“Be that way! Don’t you regret it later!” I shouted and walked off forgetting about Danson.

*****************************************

Jiro stood there unsure about why he was doing this. Anger piled up in him every time he saw her and when he turned to go he stopped noticing that Danson had his eyes on him. Jiro looked at him once then walked away. While Jiro walked about four blocks away he paused when someone stepped out from an alley.

“Hey, you still remember me?” a voice asked.

Jiro walked forward to be closer to this person and stopped two feet away. Wherever he was on earth he’d never forget this face. Fluke.

“This person hurt Selina,” the words ran into Jiro’s mind and even more anger flared up in him.

He ran forward and grabbed Fluke by the collar of his shirt pushing him up against a wall so he had no where to go.

“If you ever do that again I will kill you!” Jiro shouted at Fluke.

He pushed Fluke aside and threw a punch at him. As Fluke dropped to the ground Jiro picked him up again beating him up. After a few more blows to Fluke Jiro stopped panting and watched as Fluke stood up, blood overflowing from his cuts. Bruises were quickly forming on his face.

“I…I don’t care who you are to Selina,” Fluke went on as if nothing had happened, “I’m getting her back…”

Jiro stared at him.

“I…I’m sorry for hurting her,” Fluke said, “I wanna love her again.”

Jiro raced forward grabbing him again, “Say what?”

“Believe me…if I appear like this before her she’ll completely come back to me,” Fluke pointed out. “I’m not going to say you did it, but I bet you she’ll come back to me. She’ll love me ten million times more than she loves you.”

Jiro stared at him too angry to speak. He violently pushed Fluke back tossing him to the ground.

“I’d like to see you try,” Jiro dared.

Fluke smiled as he got up painfully. Jiro watched him leave and tried to resist the urge to follow, but in the end he ended up following Fluke from afar. He watched Fluke enter the restaurant where Selina worked and a moment later Selina rushed out with a towel pulling Fluke with her.

“What in the world happened?” questioned Selina as she began to wipe the blood off his face, her eyes concentrated on him.

As she slowly did so Fluke grabbed her both her arms gripping her tightly.