#37

My #1 Boyfriend

I sat up with a jolt the next morning. Nothing had happened right? I looked around to see that I still had my clothes on. I gave a sigh of relief and looked around the room and remembered I wasn’t at home. The bathroom door opened and Jiro walked out wiping his face with a towel and without a shirt on.  

“Finally, you’re awake,” Jiro greeted.

“Put on a shirt! Don’t just walk around like that,” I scolded.

He gave a smile and walked over slowly crouching over me. I stared back up at him.

“What are you doing? Get off!” I yelled.

He smiled satisfactorily, “Why? It’s not like we haven’t been this close before or is it because you haven’t seen me topless the past five years?”

“It’s not funny!” I said.

There was a knock on the door and a maid came poked her head in, “Who’s in there?!” I quickly turned my face away. “Young master…sorry!” she quickly shut the door and I pushed Jiro off.

“It’s so embarrassing!” I shouted covering my face.

Jiro just laughed as he slipped on his shirt, “Forgot to lock the door.”

“It’s not funny!” I repeated and walked into the bathroom turning the faucet on to wash my face.

After I got out of the bathroom Jiro and I snuck down the stairs quietly and after making sure that no one was around we ran outside. We made it safely into his car and he drove off.

“Whew! That was scary don’t you think?” Jiro asked.

“Yea, right,” I replied.

“I was being sarcastic. Can’t you help put some humor in?” Jiro said.

“You’re very sarcastic then,” I told him.

Jiro laughed, “Who was the one turning and tossing in bed all night long? Because of you I couldn’t even sleep.”

“Shut up!” I said. “I couldn’t sleep either, the bed was too hard and I had a headache.”

“That’s an expensive bed, it was comfortable,” Jiro told, “and how can you have a headache?”

“I accidentally drank some alcohol last night ok?” I said sounding annoyed.

“You drank?” Jiro questioned turning to glance at me.

“Well, I didn’t know until Calvin told me,” I said.

Jiro stepped on the brakes harshly and I flew forward my hands hitting the dashboard. I shrieked.

“You were with Calvin?! Why?! What did you do with him?!” Jiro asked loudly.

“Don’t do that! You could kill somebody!” I scolded.

“Answer me!” Jiro demanded.

I flinched in my chair and made a face clutching onto the seatbelt, “I’m sitting right next to you, no need to shout.”

“I said answer me,” Jiro said sounding very serious. His eyes seemed to be glaring at me.

“I didn’t do anything, we just talked ok?” I told.

Jiro glared at me and turned back to the road beginning to drive again. I made a face turning to the front window.

“Acting like you’re all that. We aren’t even dating or married,” I mumbled.

“What did you say?” Jiro asked.

“Nothing,” I told turning to look at the side window.

Jiro stopped in front of my house and we sat in the car silently.

“Are…you going to leave?” Jiro asked.

“Yea, thanks for everything,” I said pushing the door handle and stepping out. “Take care.”

“You too.” I knew he was watching me walk away. I couldn’t bear the feeling so I quickly walked inside the apartment building and climbed the stairs.

Everything went fine that day. Danson brought Ethan back home and we spent some time together, but the next day ruined everything.

I was at work in my office as usual when Lian came in to call me. There was a man in a suit standing in the lobby waiting for me. I didn’t recognize him.

“How can I help you?” I questioned.

“Good morning Miss Ren I believe you seem to be a little busy today,” the man said.

I looked around the room, “Is there anything wrong?”

The man smiled calmly but I had an uncertain feeling about him, “If you can spare some time will you please come with me?”

I turned to Lian, “Take care of the restaurant I’ll be back.”

I got in the black car and off we went. It brought back the feeling of when I was taken here and there in the past by Mr. Wang’s assistant. My heart sunk when I saw the Wang mansion come into view. What would he want this time? The car slowly came to a stop with my heart pounding in my ears.  

“This way please,” the man said showing me through the long hallways and into an office. “Please wait here for a moment.”

The man left and I took a seat on the green sofa then the door opened and assuming that it was Mr. Wang I gripped the edge of the sofa but when I took a look it was Jiro entering the room. He seemed surprised to see me.

“What are you doing here?” he questioned.

I stared back at him blankly, “I don’t know.”

Something seemed to hit Jiro as he seemed to realize something but before he could tell me anything the door opened again and Mr. Wang entered. My heart froze as I watched him sit behind the oak desk on his black leather chair. He smiled calmly at us.

“Take a seat Jiro,” he said.

“Dad what do you want?” Jiro asked. “If you want to talk you can just talk to me.”

“It doesn’t concern only you, it concerns both of you,” Mr. Wang told glancing at me.

I sat up wanting to disappear. Then he opened one of the drawers behind the desk and took out something shiny. When he held it up more I noticed it was a necklace, a familiar one, then my heart seemed to stop.

“This I found in one of the guestrooms and I believe it belongs to you Miss Ren,” Mr. Wang said, “one of the maids also said she saw Jiro and a woman in there together. Would you care to explain what happened after you two disappeared from the party?”

I dared not glance at Jiro because I knew he would be getting mad. I gulped aware that I would get a mental whipping from Mr. Wang.

“What did you two do?” Mr. Wang asked after neither of us spoke. “I said what did you do?”

“We spent the night together so what?” Jiro said.