I Strongly Dislike You

Beneath the Surface

The road for Baekhyun’s health took a little more than expected; mainly because the vocalist had lost his voice after the day he began to get sick, not even a squeak came out of his mouth. Due to the fact that it was, indeed, a really nasty cold, all of the EXO members had been at beck and call of their sick member, who had been gently propped in front of the TV screen, in the living room. Sehun tried his best to avoid his duty as a team member and he did succeed for two days, since he had photoshoots and other events to participate but on the third day he was left with a much better Baekhyun, along with Jongin and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had roped Jongin into helping him clean the dorms and stock the fridge and he had ordered Sehun to deliver food to his hyung and make sure he ate it while he and Jongin used Junmyeon’s credit card to go grocery shopping, much to Jongin’s delight.

Obviously he had not been pleased, at all. He had placed a steaming bowl of congee on the coffee table and ordered Baekhyun to eat it. When he got no response, he turned to find his hyung sleeping. He had been kind of baffled with Baekhyun; he had assumed that the older boy was going to be a pain and order them around but his hyung had done none of that; if he wanted something he got up of bed and got it, much to Junmyeon displeasure.

Actually, Baekhyun had been eerily quiet, of course that with no voice it was hard for him to talk to anyone but he actually was still. It was weird for Sehun to see the smaller mate so still, especially considering the fact the he was known for being a short sized bundle of never ending energy, competing only with Chanyeol for that title. The smaller would walk around the house, blanket trailing behind him, in a way that Sehun could almost call cute, if not for the person behind said action, and ultimately he would end up on the couch sleeping, usually cuddling someone, Minseok, Kris and Junmyeon seemed to be the favorable victims, since they were calm and wouldn’t disturb the other’s sleep; however, Sehun caught Jongdae and Kyungsoo serving as pillows for their hyung once.

He had kicked the couch and woke up his hyung who looked at him blearily, looking exhausted. Sehun had barked at him to eat and threw a comment about the fact that without his voice the world seemed better. Baekhyun had flipped him the bird before grabbing the bowl with shaky hands, spilling a little of soup on the couch. The elder had sighed and got up to pick something to clean up the mess he made.

“I’m sure you’re all happy to have all these slaves at your disposition, aren’t you princess Byun?” he had asked mockingly.

Unfortunately for him, Baekhyun, despite sick, was quick to shot an answer that left him speechless, in his newly regained voice.

“I don’t know under which rock you were born but I come from a place where we all believe in equality and freedom, so I wouldn’t enslave someone, not even my worst enemy, not even you! And despite what you think, I am not going to order people around just because I’m sick; I have higher morals than that but what would you know about that; it’s kind of an unknown topic to you, isn’t it?”

And then he had picked the bowl and left to his room. Sehun had to control himself not to barrel into the other’s room and simply suffocate him with a pillow.

Eventually, the brat got better and surprised them all a day after, appearing into the practice room and laughing his heart out when almost everyone launched himself at him, Jongin and Chanyeol being the first ones.

“So, the midget is back huh?” he asked in Baekhyun’s ear when the smaller past by him.

“Of course, I had to; after all you were all frustrated because your favorite target wasn’t available for a while, weren’t you!” replied Baekhyun with a sunny smile.

“You are a short, walking piece of garbage, are you aware of that?”

“And you are a cute little maknae who needs anger management lesson or at least to get laid, because all that frustration is going to eat you up one day and not even a plant would want your company.”

“You’re a pathetic, attention seeking hobbit.”

“And you’re a tall, walking brick but you don’t see me complain do you?”

All the restrain that Sehun had was wearing really thin, especially because no matter how hard he tried to counter his hyung’s words, the other was faster and just as deadly. He was about to snap and throttle the little dwarf when Jongdae came and whisked Baekhyun to the side, sending him to Kris. Baekhyun complied happily, throwing himself at the tall leader who indulged him.

“You are seriously too much like a dog. You grab onto something and you refuse to let go. I would call you a Doberman, because of the size but you’re really more like a French bulldog, you know, everyone is tripping over those dogs these days.”

“Shut up! You’re just like him!”

“And I really couldn’t care less of what you think.” interjected Jongdae, cutting Sehun before changing the topic “You know, for someone who doesn’t like Baekhyun you are awfully aware of everything he does or say. You’re like a satellite gyrating around him; he moves you move accordingly. Is this some kind of mating ritual I am not aware of?”

“That’s disgusting! You really think I would be attracted to something like that?”

“And why the heck not? Have you paused enough to look at him? To that pale, unblemished skin, that is simply so soft? To his curvaceous body? Because he really does have a body to die for, he’s got the hips that you can grab onto when kissing him, he’s got the bubble that looks really good in jeans. His body is too hard to be considered feminine but soft enough so you can rest your head after a tiring day! And can we talk about his hands? He’s got singularly the most beautiful hands I’ve ever seen in my short life. The hair is smooth and you want to run your fingers through it for the rest of your life. Or should I talk about his smile? That pretty smile that is so radiant and happy? Or maybe you want to discuss those kissable lips that have that y little mole, making them all the more alluring. Have you seen those eyes? The way they always seem to sparkle? Or…”

“Stop it!!” yelled Sehun completely flustered. “What the heck?! You’ve been ing on him?! How do you know about all that?”

“What do you think?” asked Jongdae sending him a deadpan look. “You’re not innocent, figure it out!”

“You and Baekhyun?” asked Sehun making a disgusted face.

“You are no one to judge us. Or do you think it was easy for us to join EXO after being trainees for such a short period? Everyone shunned us because they didn’t think we were good enough to be where we are now! We still hear enough comments as it is. We were lonely and only had each other. Things happen.”

“It can’t be that hard. You practically waltz in here and got the spot. You hardly did anything for it!”

“Didn’t we? You’ve spent four years training to impress people, when we arrived we were told to either impress quickly or simply don’t, especially since we were older in comparison to the majority of the trainees, so don’t talk about injustice. We spent six months living inside this building to fight for our places so don’t try to diminish our accomplishments.”

“Whatever…”´

“You’re really a brat!”

“You slept with Baekhyun, who are you to say anything to me?”

“Who said anything about sleeping? We are not who you thing you are. I’ll admit it, we are both…wild and we have absolutely no filter whatsoever but we are still people and we do have feelings, despite what you may think. Also, Baekhyun is a very loveable person and a wonderful being all around; it’s easy to fall for him. Personally, we work better as friends but I certainly hope that someone comes and swept him away. He deserves it!” replied Jongdae not feeling the tiniest bit guilty at altering the truth a bit.

“He’s a douchebag.”

“And that is going to be the reason why one day you’ll find how amazing he is and yet he’ll want nothing to do with you. It’s a pity; I certainly saw potential in the two of you.”

“You’re disturbing! Go bother Kyungsoo hyung.” snarled Sehun, avoiding Jongdae’s eyes.

“I will but just let me say something; if I ever find out that you hurt Baekhyun, unintentionally or intentionally, like let’s say, because those little remarks you like to throw at him, I’ll smash my fist so far into your face that your eyes will pop from the back of your head! Okay? Okay!” threatened Jongdae before scampering off to bother Kyungsoo, like he said he would, earning a slap from the big eyed man and seeking refuge in Baekhyun’s arms who laughed delightedly at the scene.

And for the first time, Sehun looked properly at his hyung and if someone would ask him why his cheeks turned pink, he would lie; it certainly wasn’t because of Baekhyun! Not at all!

 

 

 

 

 

“What were you talking with the maknae?” asked Baekhyun with a pout as soon as Jongdae joined him. Kris had made a strange noise at the back of throat when Baekhyun disentangled himself from the older’s grasp but Baekhyun was very well versed when it came to the taller and pecked his leader on the cheek, earning a smile, before merrily joining Jongdae.

“We were just chatting about you, what else?”

“Of freaking course, what else?!” mumbled Baekhyun rolling his eyes. “How much did he badmouth me this time?”

“The usual amount.”

“Thought so…”

“He really doesn’t like you.”

“Stating the obvious Dae…”

“I mean I get that he’s all pissed because we got a short period as trainees and he feels that it is unfair but that was a long time ago, talk about holding a grudge. I know he’s not too fond of me but he takes it into a whole new level with you.”

“What can I say, I have that effect on people.” replied Baekhyun nonchalantly.

“He was pretty shocked when I told him about our little escapades together.”

“And why, pray tell, you though it was a good idea to tell him?”

“It’s fun to mess with him, plus, he can’t take his eyes off you.” confessed Jongdae, grabbing the older’s hands and placing them around his neck.

Baekhyun turned around to look at the dark eyes of the maknae, gazing at him from across the room. He waved at the maknae, who snorted at him but kept his gaze on him.

“I don’t know what you told him but this is disturbing.”

“He’s attractive at least, be thankful for that!”

“I am.”

“Does that mean you’ll stop snuggling me?” asked Jongdae with a smirk

Baekhyun let out a surprised laugh at his friend’s tirade, drawing attention of Chanyeol and Yixing who came to them.

“What are you laughing about?” asked Chanyeol all big smiles and enthusiasm.

“Jongdae is flirting with me, save me hyung!” joked Baekhyun throwing himself at Yixing’s arms who smiled and petted his dongsaeng’s hair affectionately.

“No! Don’t flirt with Baekhyunnie! He’s mine!” pouted Chanyeol hugging Baekhyun and squishing him and Yixing in the process.

“I thought Jongin was yours.” commented Jongdae shutting up immediately at the venomous glare Chanyeol sent his way.

“Okay people let’s practice!” called Junmyeon from the other side of the room, near Sehun, ready to start the music.

Baekhyun escaped from Chanyeol’s grasp and placed himself on his usual spot not noticing the heated gaze the maknae send his way, receiving a lot of strange stares by all of the others.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, not even a few minutes after they got into the dorms, Baekhyun left soon after. Sehun didn’t even feel the need to inquire where the other went, already knowing his hyung was probably going to the hospital. Today he was going alone, since Jongdae along with Luhan were held at vocal practice for longer than usual, since they both had a song to perform in a few days and the younger was still struggling with some of the lyrics; Luhan had kindly offered to help his dongsaeng while the others went home.

When Baekhyun arrived from the hospital, sooner than usual, everybody was in the living room watching a movie. The tiny whirlwind that normally was Baekhyun came home looking like he was in a horrible mood, shutting the door with a slam and raising a few eyebrows on his wake.

“I’ll go talk to him.” sighed Junmyeon starting to rise up from the couch, ignoring Tao’s sleepy mumbles, as the other had been sleeping on the leader’s shoulder.

“No, Junmyeon hyung, I should go.” interjected Jongdae, pushing Chanyeol away from himself and leaving the room.

“I’m going to the bathroom.” said Sehun, preparing himself to follow his hyungs and find out what had put the usually happy hobbit in this state.

“Behave Sehun!”

The maknae turned to look at Luhan, who had spoken to him, head tilted in fake innocence.

“I’m just going to the bathroom Luhannie!”

“You know what I mean!” replied the older man turning his eyes back to the TV screen.

Sehun shrugged slightly before marching upstairs and planting himself in front of the Beagle line room.

“…come on Byun!” he heard Jongdae saying “Tell me what’s wrong. You’ve been like that since you came from the hospital. Was it one of the kids? Answer me!”

“It’s Chunja, okay? She’s not getting better; the doctors fear that the treatment isn’t working anymore. They are asking for blood donors for her, to see if there is any improvement.”

“She’s the same type as you, isn’t she? Type O?”

“I donated blood three weeks ago Jongdae, the minimum time between blood donations is eight weeks! I can’t give her anymore! I tried to talk to the doctors but they won’t let me, especially since I am recovering from a cold. And the thing is, type O can only receive blood from others who have type O.”

Sehun peeked inside the room, thanking all gods Jongdae had let the door opened and saw Baekhyun, sitting on his bed, hands covering his eyes, looking absolutely devastated while Jongdae rubbed comforting circles on the other’s back.

“What am I supposed to do, Jongdae? She needs me and I can’t help! I feel so useless!”

“Don’t say that! You have done more than most people would do. You are a great oppa to her and she will be eternally grateful!”

“What if something happens? What am I supposed to do?”

“I can’t promise you she’ll be okay, you can’t predict those kinds of things, but whatever happens, I promise you I’ll be here, okay?”

Baekhyun hummed and rested his head against Jongdae’s shoulder, apparently done with talking. From Sehun’s point of view, Baekhyun’s eyes seemed suspiciously red, even though he wasn’t crying. He remembered the little girl he saw at the hospital; that teeny tiny thing and his heart went to her. He also found a whole new respect for his stupid hyung; while he detests the other, he had been showing a great care towards the little children and Sehun respected and grudgingly admitted that he even respected that.

He went to his room and sat on his be pondering over the situation; sometimes it was really cruel that children were the recipient of such cruel fates and this was just another case of just that. Suddenly, he remembered something that his hyungs said and an idea came to his mind.

“That’s it!” he exclaimed excitedly. “That’s exactly it!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thank you so much for your donation Oh Sehun-shi. We were really in need of it and Chunja’s parents will be very happy when they hear about the news.”

Sehun smiled a little while the nurse removed the needle from his arm.

“It was nothing!” he replied, feeling lighter and happier than ever.

 

 

 

A/N: Another one! (I have a lot of free time on my hands right now!) I really hope you enjoy this chapter. Show me your love, VOTE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! Don't be shy, that means you too silent readers. I'm really nice I promise! ^^
Have a lovely day and a lot of love to you! Remember there is ALWAYS someone who loves you!