I Simply Adore You

Beneath the Surface

Everything was quiet in the dorms; it was approaching three in the morning and everyone was asleep dead tired after a week spent in China doing concerts. They had arrived at Incheon’s airport, drove straight home and fell on their respective beds.

Baekhyun and Sehun were peacefully nestled against each other, arms entwined around the other’s body. They had begged and begged Junmyeon to let them join their beds, to make a bigger, more comfortable one, for them but Junmyeon had denied them every single time until Baekhyun had used all his aegyo power on Kris to help him convince Junmyeon, who, in the end, had consented. All in all, the episode had made them all sure that Kris was putty in Baekhyun’s hand; the tall leader was completely whipped by his little dongsaeng cuteness.

However, their peaceful slumber was disturbed by a sound. At first, groggy as he was Sehun had difficulty in understanding what sound was it and where did it came from, if not for Baekhyun.

“Is Jongin whimpering again?” he heard the smaller man asking.

When Sehun focused on the sounds, he realized that it was indeed Jongin that was whimpering and he sighed deeply. Ever since the day that he had caught Baekhyun and Jongin talking in the kitchen, the day where he and Baekhyun really got together, Jongin had been having frequent night terrors, sometimes more than once per night, and it was worrying him and Baekhyun a whole lot. His petite lover had voiced his thoughts saying that it was probably due to the stress that Jongin was going through thanks to his amorous problems. But still, they haven’t got a proper night sleep in three weeks and when they were in China, Jongin had crashed into their bed most of the nights.

“Yeah…” he muttered. “I’ll go to him.”

“Don’t bother, I’ll go.” replied Baekhyun getting up from the bed, not without pressing a lazy kiss to Sehun’s lips.

This had been their routine; after discovering that the only way to keep Jongin whimpering at bay was patting the boy on the back gently and holding him in his sleep, Baekhyun and Sehun had taken turns into assuming that role. He heard his sleepy lover pad into Jongin’s bed before laying down with him, then he heard the rhythmical sound of the little pats on the other’s back along with whispered nonsense that Baekhyun was spewing.

He sighed again, this was getting beyond ridiculous and he would talk with Jongin again if not for the fact that Baekhyun would probably have his scalp; the last time he tried to talk to Jongin the other had burst into tears and ran to Baekhyun who went into protective hyung mode and whopped his . To add to that, Sehun had no idea who was Jongin romantic interest, to think of it, nobody but Jongin and Baekhyun knew but he was aware that his lover wouldn’t tell him if Jongin didn’t gave him his consent, which Sehun guessed he didn’t, since he didn’t know who it was. On one hand it made him feel that Jongin didn’t trust him enough but on the other hand it was a delicate matter and Jongin was more sensitive than people gave him credit for. He sighed once more and prepared himself to sleep a little bit more, lulled by the sound of Baekhyun’s voice, since he couldn’t have the boy in his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun felt bored as he looked blankly into the TV in front of him, his schedule for the day, had been completed and he was trying not to succumb into sleep as a tedious as everything show played before his eyes, it wasn’t as if he didn’t want to change it but Chanyeol would probably bite his fingers if he even tried to reach for the remote. He didn’t even had his lover’s company to keep him occupied but the tinier male had promised to go to grocery shopping with Junmyeon and Tao, meaning he wouldn’t come back earlier since Tao was a pain in the behind when it came to that. He was certain that Kris was sleeping and Jongin was probably locked in their room upstairs; Kyungsoo and Jongdae had left the house, in different directions, after an argument about something silly, Chanyeol had actually confided in him saying that it had been because Kyungsoo was jealous of how Jongdae seemed to be closer to Yixing these days. Yixing wasn’t home; he had let himself be bullied by Luhan into going to the gym along with Minseok.

What actually surprised Sehun was the fact that Luhan had been interested in going to the gym, as far as he know Luhan abhorred any kind of physical exercise that wasn’t soccer or basketball. Naturally, Sehun predicted that Luhan was going to come home and whined he was tired and would probably cling to someone and whine some more.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud, anguished scream and both he and Chanyeol looked at each other before bolting out of the couch and running to his own room, meeting a very groggy Kris in the way, who was, no doubt, alerted by the scream.

Inside the room they found Jongin curled into a little ball on top of his bed, crying his eyes out, whimpering and trembling. Kris was the first to approach the boy but Jongin didn’t seem to recognize him, he swatted the older man and called the name he knew was source of protection: Baekhyun’s.

“What’s going on?” asked Kris completely confused.

“Not again…” muttered Sehun before grabbing Jongin forcefully in his arms, despite the other’s attempts to release himself from the vice grip.

“Sehun, what’s going on?” repeated Kris.

“I’m not sure, just call Baekhyun hyung.”

“Why?” asked Chanyeol, making Sehun frustrated.

“What’s going on?” asked a voice from the doorway.

Sehun looked up to see Kyungsoo and Jongdae there, looking petrified at the sight of a hysterical Jongin, who was strongly trying to get rid of Sehun’s hold.

“Ask questions later, godammit, just call Baekhyun.” he yelled.

“Why should we call him? I can handle this!” replied Kyungsoo, sneering a bit at the other’s name and suggestion.

But as soon as he approached Jongin, the younger male bit his hand making Kyungsoo yelp and back away.

“Seriously Kyungsoo, just back off and let us deal with it, if you’re here just to bash Baekhyun and prove you’re better than him, or whatever it will your ego you can go cry in a corner, because this is certainly not about you. Priorities!”

From the corner of his eye, while trying not to get hit by Jongin, Sehun could see Jongdae giving him a sorry glance while pulling Kyungsoo out of the room, since the smaller seemed to be spluttering in anger. He couldn’t really wrap his head around that relationship; Jongdae was ordered around by Kyungsoo and tried to keep the other out of problems while Kyungsoo brought problems right and left.

Also, Kris was talking to someone on the phone, presumably Baekhyun while Chanyeol looked at the scenery in front of him with a lip between his teeth. Chanyeol was a big softie, no matter what people thought and he was clearly having a bad time seeing his friend like this. Jongin was looking possessed, he kept on shaking himself and trying to hit everyone around him, air coming in short puffs, he was absolutely looking crazy and Sehun was kind of afraid the other was going to hyperventilate.

When Kris got out of the phone he mouthed that they were close. Not even ten seconds later everybody burst through the door and everybody meant everybody; Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Tao, Junmyeon and Baekhyun.

As soon as his lover stepped inside the room he was by Jongin in an instant and embraced the younger man, who immediately stopped debating and embraced back tightly as a sob ripped out from his throat.

“He doesn’t like me.” he whispered “He doesn’t like me, hyung. Help me, what should I do?”

“Shh, hyung’s here for you, okay?” replied Baekhyun sweetly, caressing the other’s hair.

Sehun got up from the bed and pulled every single one out of the room, relieved that his friend was now in his tinier lover’s capable hands. They got into the living room and Sehun immediately let himself fell into one of the cushiony seats of the couch, ignoring Kyungsoo’s and Jongdae’s presence on the couch next to his.

“Care to explain what the hell was this, oh great maknae?” asked Luhan looking at the maknae.

“I wish I could tell you something but I really can’t. Baekhyun’s the one who knows more about the subject.”

“And what subject is this? Luhan did you pranked him again?” asked a clearly concerned Junmyeon, twisting his hands on his lap.

“I’ve done nothing! Why is it always me?” asked said man indignantly.

“Maybe because you’re always doing something, most of the times is not something good. If it’s not you, it’s Chanyeol. Most of the times it’s both of you!” stated Kris from the entrance.

“I resent that statement! I did nothing wrong and I never do anything wrong.” snorted Luhan completely offended.

“We are diverting from topic.” interjected Minseok “I’m more concerned about the crying male we have upstairs.”

“I really don’t know much hyung. All I know is that he likes someone and he thinks it’s not corresponded.”

“Who is it?” asked Minseok.

“I don’t know but it’s bad.”

“Is it Luhan?” asked Tao from the side; even though Sehun could see it was just to tease the other.

“What the… why is it always me? I have a boyfriend already and Jongin knows who it is for the longest time. So, no it’s not me and stop throwing me under the bus Tao, not all bad things happening around here are my fault.”

“You have a boyfriend? Since when? Who is it?” asked Tao looking delighted at his hyung.

“I do, so stop bugging me about this. It’s not me, not this time!”

“Can we focus on what’s important here?” snapped Minseok looking at all of them.

“We could but I don’t know more about it than you do. Baekhyun is respecting Jongin’s wishes. The truth is that Jongin is not really sleeping that well, he’s having nightmares and this is seriously not good. Baekhyun is doing as much as he can but Jongin is afraid of saying something.” replied Sehun looking quite surprised at Minseok’s outburst “Why are you so worried about, this doesn’t seems like you at all!”

“I care okay!” replied Minseok completely flustered.

“Are you jealous?” asked Chanyeol looking all sort of innocent but Sehun could see the gleaming mischievous gleam in his eyes.

Minseok sent him a glare and didn’t answer.

“Just wait until Baekhyun gets back okay? Then we can speak a little but more about whatever is happening.”

“You don’t have to wait, I’m here.”

Everyone turned to Baekhyun’s diminutive figure, right next to Kris, who jumped in shock, not counting on having the boy next to him. He looked absolutely on fire and to be honest, despite the situation, he looked quite hot.

“What happened?” asked Sehun, pushing himself off the couch and pulling the smaller into his arms and kissing the top of his head.

“He cried a lot, babbled a lot and basically he just had a really nasty dream and somehow it was real enough for him to believe that it was reality! It’s a mess; this needs to stop.” replied Baekhyun while nuzzling his face into Sehun’s chest.

“How are you going to achieve that?” asked the taller with his lips against Baekhyun’s forehead.

“Watch.” He said turning around to face the others, raising one finger to point at one of them. “You! Go and talk to Jongin because he his head over heels for you and this situation is slowly deteriorating his health and it needs to stop.”

Everyone was looking at the person Baekhyun was pointing out.

“I never saw this coming!” commented Luhan from the other side of the room.

“Ignore Luhan’s pointless comment and go there and reassure him that he is loved, because I read your journal to make sure I could make a move.”

“You did what?”

“I did what I had to do! Go claim your undying love for him now and make some babies or whatever. Oh wait don’t that’s my room too! Take him to your room and then make babies! Priorities!”

Sehun had to hold his laughter to himself because his tinier lover was too sassy for his own good and it was hilarious and hot but then again when was Baekhyun not?

The man shot in a menacing glare in Baekhyun’s who waved at him before Sehun wisely held his arm down, before leaving the room with a huff.

“Holy mother of… Minseok? Jongin is pinning over Minseok? Who knew?” asked Luhan sitting on the floor out of complete shock, dragging Chanyeol with him.

“I did!” commented Baekhyun and Sehun was left staring at the complete turn on his boyfriend’s mood.

“How are you so happy? You were so worried when you got here!”

“I was worried, I thought all kind of things when Kris hyung called me but then I just had this thought, that spent an awful amount of time together when he’s not with me so, Minseok is bound to have written something about it in his journal and guess what? I was right, Minseok is totally into Jongin, and he was just scared of acting upon it because, in his words, Jongin is too young.”

“You snooped into hyung’s things!”

And of course Kyungsoo had to throw his two cents about the matter; however, before Sehun could open his mouth, Baekhyun beat him to it.

“Listen here Kyungsoo, I did what it had to be done and if you really value Jongin’s well-being you should be thanking me but since we all know that you won’t I suggest you guard your opinions to yourself since no one cares about them because you are a hypocrite bigger than your ego, which is saying a lot. So please, take your educated guesses and opinions and shove them where the sun doesn’t shine.”

With that, Baekhyun his heel, pulling Sehun with him and sought refuge in the study room. He pushed the taller into sitting into the couch, climbing to his lap the next moment, immediately nuzzling into his boyfriend.

“Your moods are switching so rapidly today, is everything okay?” asked Sehun kissing the other gently.

“I’m just so tired. We haven’t been sleeping much lately and I need it. I need sleep and more than anything I need to have some time with you, just you.”

“Did you really snoop into Minseok’s journal?”

“I didn’t actually.” denied Baekhyun with a small smile “I was just bluffing and see where it led, since I heard his screaming when I was coming down the stairs. He was so worried that I thought it was worth a shot. It paid off I guess.”

“My baby is so smart.”

“Call me that again and I kill kick you.”

“You don’t like it?”

“No, please don’t” Sehun smiled and kissed Baekhyun’s pout away.

“I won’t then. By the way, epic response to Kyungsoo.”

“He was annoying the heck out of me and I am not in the best of the mood today.”

“You really are that tired aren’t you?” asked Sehun, slowly tracing circles on the smaller’s back, who leaned against him yawing.

“I really am.”

“Do you think Jongin and Minseok are going to be okay?”

“I think so, neither of them is a man of words so, if anything else fails, I’ll lock them into a freezer and make them use actions.”

Sehun had to laugh at that; a tired Baekhyun was, apparently, a very loopy one and he gave a soft smile looking at those tired eyes. His baby, not that he would call Baekhyun that again, since the older man could easily keep his promise and kick him, was adorably cute and Sehun could see him almost dozing off.

“Baek?”

“Hmm…” muttered the other tiredly, eyes shut, lulled by his boyfriend warm touch and voice.

“I have to say I’m really proud of you. All this time you never once complained about helping Jongin, even though you were really tired, and never once did you made his problem look worthless. You advised him and stood by him and even now, that genius move on making Minseok go talk to him. You really care for him and for all of us; you’d do anything for us wouldn’t you? That’s is partially the reason why I like you so much, because you give one hundred percent of yourself to people and make them feel worthy and appreciated. I… I adore you.” he confessed; it wasn’t exactly the L-word but the meaning was there and he knew Baekhyun understood.

“I adore you too.” mumbled Baekhyun against his neck, pecking it softly before snuggling more into his embracing. A few seconds later Sehun felt his breathing slow down and he knew the other was asleep.

He looked into his petite boyfriend expression and felt oddly serene feeling in his chest looking at how peaceful Baekhyun appeared and the little smile splayed on the other’s lips made his heart flutter wildly.

He looked up when he heard the door open and Kris poked his head in. Sehun immediately took a finger to his lips, letting his hyung know that loud noises weren’t allowed.

“I just wanted you to know that I checked on Minseok and Jongin right now and they were cuddling each other on bed.”

“That’s good.”

“He’s sleeping?” asked the gentle giant pointing at the smallest of the three.

“Out like a light. He had few hours of sleep this week with all of Jongin’s anxiety problems.”

“Let him sleep then.”

“I will hyung.” whispered the youngest letting a finger glide on Baekhyun’s cheek.

Kris let out a smile at the whipped expression on Sehun’s face and left the room quietly after shutting the door behind him. He enjoyed seeing his dongsaengs so happy like that and now, it would seem that Minseok and Jongin were joining the happy couple club. In his mind he wondered, who would it be next?

 

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone, new chapter up I hope you enjoy it. Today was not a great day for me, I had a huge fight with someone I care about and I'm kind of messed up but I hope that my state of mind didn't translate itself into the chapter and if it did, I'm really sorry! I need some love right now, show me the love okay? Comment, subscribe and vote this mother up!
I hope you do have a wonderful day ahead of you and lots of love! BE HAPPY!