I Like You And You're Really Important To Me

Beneath the Surface

When Sehun woke up, body pleasantly rested, he immediately patted the bed next to him, feeling panic growing inside of him when he noticed that there wasn’t a body lying next to him, as it did last night, when he had gone to sleep. He distinctly remembered going to sleep with Baekhyun right by his side, nestled in his arms but the other man wasn’t there anymore and that woke him up faster than anything; he pulled the comforters aside roughly and ran out of his room, not caring that it was actually very early in the morning, barely five in the morning, and making more noise than he was supposed to.

He searched for the tinier male in the bathroom and in the other’s previous room before noticing the kitchen’s light was on. He marched down the stairs and into the kitchen, He was greeted with the sight of Jongin sitting on a chair and Baekhyun sitting on the kitchen island, drinking possibly tea, since it smelt like it. Both males looked at him, Jongin looked tired and a little troubled while Baekhyun looked at him straight in the eyes, albeit a little nervous flash passed briefly in those orbs.

“Good morning.” he greeted with a little smile on his face, while he looked at the oldest.

Jongin snorted at him, rubbing at his eyes tiredly; come to think of it, it was quite surprising to see the younger up so early since he slept like nobody’s business.

“Way to be more obvious. I’ll leave you two alone since you both clearly need it.”

Baekhyun seemed to snap from whatever trance he was into and looked at Jongin.

“What? No! You were talking to me, why should you leave?”

“You think I am dumb? By the look on your faces, you both clearly need to talk to each other. Also, I did saw you cuddled up in bed yesterday, so yeah, don’t even start trying to lie to me.”

“I wasn’t going to. You know very well that that is not my thing.” replied Baekhyun straightforwardly. “We do have some things to talk about, Sehun and I, that is, but I don’t think he minds waiting a little until we finish talking.”

“I appreciate that, I do, but I think right now I need to rest a bit and just gather my thoughts. You did help me a lot. Your advices are the best hyung.”

“Are you sure?” asked Baekhyun in a warm tone of voice, hands coming out to rest comfortingly on the other’s shoulder.

“I am. I just need to sleep and in a few hours everything will be better and I’ll know more certainly what I should do.” replied the bronzed skinned man, with a small, discouraged smile.

“You know hyung is here for you, whenever you need, be it day or night, okay? Everything will be alright, okay Jongin?”

The smaller male hugged Jongin tightly and the younger seemed to appreciate the gesture since he hugged back just as tightly. When he let go, he told the others he was going to sleep a little more and left the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

When Jongin left, Sehun approached Baekhyun, with confidence and a tiny amount of anxiousness; feeling that disappeared quite quickly when the adorable hobbit turned his head at him and smiled.

“Hi.” muttered the older coyly.

Sehun smiled at him at wrapped the male tightly in his arm, much to the other’s surprise, standing between the other’s swinging legs and bringing the tinier body to his own, enjoying the warmth that enveloped him.

“You left me alone this morning.” he muttered against the shorter’s neck.

“I have got to be honest with you Sehun, I wasn’t expecting that last night and I wasn’t sure that if you wanted me there.”

“It was your bed.” replied Sehun, laughing a little bit.

“Still,” grumbled the other “you know what I mean.”

“I do. I’m sorry for teasing you. To tell you the truth I was in such a state of panic when I woke up and didn’t see you there. I wanted you to be there.”

“Why? Why did you want me there? Explain it to me like I am really stupid.”

“Because I like you.” answered Sehun, not beating around the bush, looking at the other straight in the eyes. “And it is kind of funny how these things work, I didn’t like you at first, not even close, it was borderline hate. I just found every single excuse, every little thing that you did, to not like you, from the way you talked, to the way you walked. It was kind of stupid if I think about it now, especially because I realized that I did that because I was just so jealous of you. I came to this company and I trained my off for such a long time and you came and conquered all.”

“That wasn’t my fault Sehun; I have no control over that. It wasn’t my intention to make you feel bad about it.”

“I know that you don’t. I was just jealous over the fact that you managed to do in such little time what took me ages to accomplish.” Sehun shushed Baekhyun when the smaller tried to reply “But I realized that you are just good, you work hard and you always try your best, no wonder people would be interested in you. And don’t even try and tell me it’s not like that because it is; you are very talented and you deserved it. The rest of the members told me that I shouldn’t act like that towards you and that you were a really good person and someone even called me out to the fact that you were gorgeous. That I admitted, I always thought you were a very attractive person but I couldn’t see past that point because I was too focused on the negative things. But then, ever since the day I followed you to the hospital I started to notice the good stuff too; your kindness, your willingness to help everybody, your perseverance, your determination. You work even though you’re exhausted and sick; you care about others and try to help them whenever you can no matter if it hurts you. You are such a great person and I regret so much not seeing that earlier. So, so much! When I realized that there was more to you than it meets the eye, I was so drawn to you and the more I saw, the more I liked. I was quite confused for a while but every single time I see you it becomes clearer: I like you. So I decided it was time to man up and just tell you what I felt.”

“I wasn’t expecting it, that’s for sure.” muttered Baekhyun, face completely red.

“It helped that someone told me that you were attracted to me. I kind of suspect it but I wasn’t really sure.”

“Who told you?” asked Baekhyun indignantly, forgetting for a minute of the nature of the conversation.

“Jongin did. He heard you talking to Kris when you drank a little too much.”

“That little…”

“Figures that you pay more attention to that than me pouring my heart to you.” teased Sehun earning a little pinch from the smaller male.

“Of course not! I’ve heard each and every single word.”

“Sure…”

“I did!” replied the shorter “I just don’t know what to say to that. It’s oddly sweet and, more than everything, it's odd hearing you say it. I’m not going to lie to you, when I met you I was just so in awe because you were this cool, hot kid, with moves as smooth as they could be and such a funny side. I wanted so badly to be your friend but, well, you know how that went. I really tried to make you like me, I showed sides of me to see if you would be interested but you just didn’t like me. You were so dead set on it that I just grew a little bit tired and just, well, I was sassy towards you. But a few months back you started approaching me, talking to me and comforting me and I was hoping that it would mean something but on the other side I wouldn’t dare to imagine so. I tried to be subtle about it but it’s just not in my nature because everyone freaking noticed; do you imagine how much Luhan and Jongin gave me crap for that? Kris too, but Kris is a back stabber, because he brought the topic up the other day, I could kill him for that and then, obviously, Chanyeol didn’t leave it alone, neither Tao to be honest. It’s been so wonderful to get to know you better and just being able to be in the same place that you are and laugh at the same thing and not at each other. When we went to the club and you danced with me I was so flustered, I didn’t know if you were flirting with me or just being friendly, seriously you screwed me up big time that night I was an inch away from jumping you but then you got yourself punched. Just yesterday you were so mad at me, I didn’t even know why; I spent a lot of time moping and wondering what I have done only to have you apologizing and kiss me. At first I thought you were trying to kiss my forehead or something and then you just told me it wasn’t a mistake. And now, here you are, I am happy enough even though I am waiting for the catch in all this. These things don’t happen to me just like that.”

“Why not?” asked the taller letting his lips fall into Baekhyun’s shoulder and trailing up, not really kissing, making the other gasp a little and slide his pretty fingers into his hair.

“It just don’t. Have you seen my luck later? I am currently in bad terms with Jongdae, I’m in really bad terms with Kyungsoo, for whatever damn reason he concocted, and I had a stupid trainee pissing the heck out of me. Also, Jongin had been a little bit moody lately and well.”

“I can absolutely promise you that I am not joking with you or anything. I just… want you.”

This time Sehun moved his lips enough to mold them with Baekhyun’s, enjoying the feel of plump flesh beneath his own. He also enjoyed the warm feeling in his chest; it was as if a little coiled bubble had burst and spread around the area making his heart race up upon the much wanted contact. The pull and drag was addictive and he felt himself drowning in all the pleasant feeling coursing through his body.

When Baekhyun pulled slightly back, just the suffice amount to keep their lips touching lightly, Sehun felt his lips stretch into a smile.

“What do you want to call this, if you want to call it something?” he asked, pecking the supple lips as soon as he finished, looking at the other straight in the eyes.

“We don’t need a word to define us, we don’t need a word to label what we are or aren’t. We’re just Baekhyun and Sehun. Just for as long as you want us to be and I’m okay with that. I am more okay with that actually.”

“For as long as I want it? How about what you want?”

Baekhyun cupped his face, fingers tracing lightly Sehun’s features as he replied.

“I’ve been wanting you for a while now, I don’t think I can’t let you go that easily.”

“Good.” muttered Sehun grabbing Baekhyun’s by his tights and lifting him up of the kitchen island, making the smaller man circle his waist with his legs. “Because I don’t plan to let you go either.”

The passionate kiss he received for that comment was better than good but the dazzling smile that Baekhyun presented him with was the absolute best.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the other came down for breakfast, a few hours later, before heading out for dance practice, both Sehun and Baekhyun were sitting on the couch watching cartoons or, at least, Sehun was watching them and Baekhyun was busy dozing off all snuggled up, and looking particularly cuddly, to the taller’s side, fingers locked on the other’s t-shirt.

“Aww…Will you look at that?” mocked Luhan elbowing Chanyeol, who was trailing behind him, and then Tao, who looked at both of them like the panda who got the cream.

“Well, that’s an interesting twist.” commented the Chinese maknae “You finally listened to me and stopped being such a little monster to hyung.”

“Such a precious scene.” laughed Kris before running away when Junmyeon started to slap him to be quiet.

“Yes, be quiet, he’s sleeping.” muttered Sehun, pulling Baekhyun’s body closer to his, letting the other nuzzle his shoulder to his heart's content, ignoring the cooing sounds there were heard in a second, with Jongin being one of the loudest. “Yeah, yeah, just shut up, he’s been wake since five a.m. and he’s tired.”

“Why was he up?” asked Minseok, who appeared in the living room dragging a sleepy Yixing behind him.

“He was asking advice I think…” replied Sehun before noticing the panicking expression on Jongin’s face.

“Advice for what?” asked Junmyeon suspiciously.

“Jonginnie was having difficult in a song that we have been practice lately and he was feeling a little down because of that, I was merely offering some help.”

The soft sound of Baekhyun’s voice made everyone turn their attention to the small male next to Sehun.

“Good morning.” he told tell still leaning against Sehun tiredly.

“He’s just so cute I want to eat him.” yelled Tao loudly leaping forward to pinch Baekhyun’s cheeks but not succeeding because Sehun encased his petite beau in his arms out of Tao’s reach. He glared at Tao, who glared back at him for denying him a cuddle with his hyung. In the background he could hear Yixing asking the others why Tao would say such a thing since eating someone was considered cannibalism and that was illegal. Yixing could be hilariously oblivious to some jokes at times.

“You’re awake.” observed Sehun.

“Hmm, there was noise. I woke up. I’m still sleepy though…”

“You’ll sleep on the van, okay?” asked the taller, pecking the smaller on the forehead.

Sehun wasn’t even a little bit bothered by the audience he had nor was Baekhyun for a matter of fact, they both liked each other and they were not going to hide that from the other members.

“You were so disgustingly sweet that you made me throw up in my mouth a little.” said Luhan looking jokingly at the two while Sehun flipped him off, making Junmyeon hiss at him.

“So, you two are together now, is that it?” asked Yixing looking confused.

Both males on the couch nodded their heads at the older man who smiled at them.

“I’m glad! You clearly make each other happy. You just clicked so well when you started to get along. I was actually surprised that this didn’t happen sooner.”

“What’s going on?” asked a voice from the living room door.

They turn to look at a freshly showered Jongdae, who was still trying to dry his hair with a towel, followed by Kyungsoo.

“We are just congratulating Sehun and Baekhyunnie.” replied Yixing with a big smile.

“Why would you?” asked Kyungsoo looking at the mentioned males frowning.

“They are in a relationship.” singsonged Luhan maliciously high-fiving Chanyeol who simply guffawed at the whole situation, especially when both Jongdae’s and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“Good!” exclaimed Kyungsoo after a few seconds to compose himself “At least he won’t be trailing after my boyfriend.”

“I don’t need your boyfriend nor do I want him.”

“You did before! And Sehun, really? He slept with other people!!”

“Did he ever claim to be a saint?” asked Sehun raising his eyebrows. “I don’t know what your problem is and, to be quite frank, I don’t want to know but stop trying to create problems between the both of us. I like Baekhyun the way he is, with his past and with every little flaw that you like to shove in his face. I wouldn’t change a single thing on him, so go and bother someone else, because I am busy being happy.”

Kyungsoo gave them a glare before muttering ‘fine’ between clenched teeth and moving to the kitchen instead. Kyungsoo’s abrupt exit, made everyone start to move too, as Sehun seemed to notice; Chanyeol and Luhan, the two bumbling idiots moved upstairs giggling like lunatics, impersonating Sehun and Kyungsoo along the way, Jongin along with Minseok and moved to the kitchen while Tao and Kris were bickering about who was going to be next to shower, since Junmyeon had already occupy one bathroom.

He helped Baekhyun getting up from the couch and then Jongdae, the only one left, spoke.

“You didn’t tell me.” he said quietly looking at Baekhyun.

“Didn’t tell you what?” asked Baekhyun, equality quiet, hand firmly clasped with Sehun’s hand.

“That you were in a relationship with him. I told you when I started dating Kyungsoo…”

Baekhyun laughed. It wasn’t a pleasant sound; it was a disbelieving, bitter laugh that had Sehun looking at the tinier male worriedly.

“I really hope for your sake that you are kidding me right know Jongdae, I really hope you do because damn the nerve on you. Tell you about Sehun? Why would I? You haven’t been that present in my life this past few weeks have you? You promised to have my back no matter what but Jongdae you really didn’t, you didn’t do a single thing when he accused me of the things he did, you didn’t talk to me, you didn’t even gave me a shoulder to cry on. You blatantly chose his side and now you are expecting me to just act like we didn’t fall apart? Because we did and while I really want to trust you and have you by my side, just the way it used to be, I can’t. I can’t do that.”

“So you’re just let it all end up like this?” asked Jongdae, fidgeting slightly in his place, eyes downcast.

“You did.” replied Baekhyun in a whisper before dragging Sehun out of the living room, leaving Jongdae behind them, and pushing the taller into the hallway upstairs.

“Are you okay?” asked Sehun pulling Baekhyun’s body towards himself.

“No, not really. I hate to say all those things to him and I hate even more not being able to just hug him but, I did speak what’s on my mind.”

“You did what you had to do Baek, maybe now he’ll open up his eyes.”

“Maybe…” drawled the smaller, leaning against Sehun and laying his head on his shoulder “I’m tired of being angry at him for not keeping the promises he made. Am I being selfish?”

“No, you’re not. Stop blaming yourself.” chided the taller softly, hand rubbing the other’s back, up and down, in a comforting way.

“I’m just tired of this situation.” mumbled Baekhyun.

“It’s okay, things will get better and even if he doesn’t keep his promise, I will, I’ve got your back.”

Baekhyun lifted his head to give Sehun a small, yet beautiful smile, before standing on his tippy toes to deliver a kiss to his handsome giant.

“I trust you.” he declared with a bigger smile, eyes crinkling up adorably.

Sehun didn’t reply but hugged the tiny body closely to him and, on that spot, he made a vow to himself to always have his little hobbit’s back, because he was important and he deserved it.

 

 

 

A/N: See? I can update (kinda) regularly when I have time. WHICH I DO NOW! HELL YEAH VACATIONS! Holy crap, finally I will be stop being called to work with urgency.  Here it is, a little chappie with a little bit of fluff and a tiny amount of drama towards the end. What do you think of it? Like it? Love it? Let me know by commenting and don't forget, subscribe and vote it up!
Love, love, love, love to al of you and may you have an AMAZING day! ^^