I Am Wrapped Around Your Pretty Fingers

Beneath the Surface

It had been a few weeks since Minseok and Jongin had gotten together, with a little help from Baekhyun, and Sehun was considering if that had been a good thing because the two of them were so besotted with each other, so extremely cuddly and sweet that was borderline uncomfortable, although they were cute. Sehun never pegged Minseok as a person who was openly affectionate with others but, well, he was wrong. Every time we has unfortunate enough to catch them, they were kissing, hugging, cuddling or something else. He hated to admit but he had to agree with Luhan, it was enough to make you throw up in your mouth and give you sugar rush at the same time.

However, he couldn’t deny that it was much better to see Jongin happy; the night terrors had stop, he stopped being so quiet and gloomy all the time and, bonus for him, spent enough time with Minseok to allow him to spend more time with Baekhyun; he even slept more in Minseok’s room than on his own, which had made almost all of the other change rooms but hey, he wasn’t complaining.

They had just finished filming a show yesterday and today most of them didn’t even had schedules, which made them enjoy their day out: Junmyeon, Tao and Kris, who had gone shopping; Sehun wasn’t a little bit surprised at that, Minseok and Jongin were probably around the house being disgustingly cute, Yixing was shooting something along with Jongdae and Kyungsoo had an individual schedule. Chanyeol and Luhan were somewhere; Sehun didn’t pay attention to them when they ran out of the door, giggling like lunatics.

His own baby was still in bed, he hoped; last night Baekhyun had developed a sore throat and this morning it hadn’t disappeared and he was even slightly raspy; he would find it quite funny that his tiny loudmouth was having trouble with his voices if not for the fact that the other was in pain.

Being the good boyfriend he was, Sehun had taken a quick trip to the convenience store to buy some medicine and a few treats for him, read fruit candies. He was a little side tracked by the sudden appearance of his hyung, Donghae, at the same convenience store, and they had a good chat, never mind the fact that they talked a lot on the phone, before he remembered what he was supposed to do and ran to the dorms to tend to his tiny person; his loveable tiny person.

As soon as he got home he was met with a giggling Jongin sat on top of Minseok’s lap, cheeks flushed, pecking his boyfriend.

“Oh come on you two, knock it off! Or breathe at least! The next time Luhan hyung suggests locking you in two separate rooms I will not object; hell, I’ll help him!!”

Jongin squealed like a seal, a cute one though, before falling from Minseok’s lap onto the floor. His baozi hyung composed his shirt and hair cooly, helping Jongin to stand in the process.

“Sehun! How long have you been there?”

“I just arrived! What? Do you think I was going to stand here watching you? I am not a voyeur, thank you very much!” he replied with a raised eyebrow, looking at them.

“I… we…I mean.” stuttered Jongin looking embarrassed.

“You’ve got the medicine for Baekhyun?” asked the older, wrapping an arm around Jongin’s waist, bringing the younger close to his side, earning him a giggle from his gorgeous boyfriend, making him smile a little.

“I did. He’s still upstairs?” asked Sehun, completely forgetting about the compromising position that he had caught his hyungs in for a while; he always managed to block most of the world at the mention of his lover’s name.

“He is. Go to him because his throat is really killing him.” told him Minseok, while Jongin just kept nuzzling his face in the older’s neck, while looking at him adoringly.

He followed his hyung’s advice and trudged up the stairs entering his room without bothering to knock on the door. His little lover was sitting in bed, a blanket wrapped around his legs, doodling on a bit of paper. The tinier male turned his head toward him when he heard the sound of the door opening, slightly alarmed, before his eyes softened when he saw who had entered the room and he smiled.

“Hi!” he croaked happily before coughing out painfully.

Sehun approached the older and sat beside him showing the bag he had brought along with him.

“You shouldn’t be talking.” he chided softly, bringing one of his hands to cup the other’s face, caressing the cheek with his thumb “Rest you voice or you going to end loosing it.”

Baekhyun whines a little bit, mouth going into a full pout at the request made by his boyfriend and Sehun had to hide a smile; not talking was the most difficult task you could ask of Baekhyun, EXO's chatterbox.

“I know it is hard.” he continued “but you need to have patience; I want you to be better, not worse.”

“I didn’t want to be like this in the first place.”

“That’s what you get for starting water battles with Chanyeol. You should have known better.”

When Baekhyun pouted became more evident, Sehun kissed the male carefully, before taking a bottle of medicine out of the bag and measuring the right amount in a cup to give to the other male, who took it, making a face in disgust at the taste.

“I ran into Donghae hyung, he told me that this is what he takes when he’s sick. So it’s pretty good I guess. And I bought you some fruit candies; I heard it helps with the pain and the soreness. I brought water bottles and I’m going to ask Chanyeol to help me make some broth for you.”

He paused when Baekhyun leaned into him, nuzzling his face in his shoulder, looking at him with adoring eyes.

“You are taking such a good care of me. You’re making my stomach flutter.”

“Aren’t you saying that because you’re sick?” teased Sehun, bringing the other’s body close to his body, enjoying the warmth of the body next to his.

“Of course not.” replied Baekhyun. “It’s because you’re important to me.”

“I know. I’m just joking with you.” stated Sehun softly “You mean the world to me too, you know that!”

Baekhyun smile was like sunshine and Sehun felt is own smile stretch out. He used a hand to direct Baekhyun’s head so that he could kiss him. They stood in each other’s embrace, kissing each other softly and gently, until Sehun felt Baekhyun’s body going lax with sleep and he ordered the other to rest. The smaller man nodded slightly before closing his eyes and bringing himself impossibly closer to Sehun’s body. The taller delivered a tiny kiss on the smaller’s forehead and followed him to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The peaceful slumber that he was enjoying was disturbed even he wasn’t too sure as why. Sehun opened his eyes dazedly and strained his senses to understand what was preventing him to sleep. He immediately heard the shouting coming from downstairs and looked at Baekhyun, who thankfully was still asleep, probably due to the medicine that he had taken.

He stood up quickly, earning a throaty whine from the male occupying his bed but he soothed him, rubbing his back, lulling him to sleep. He made sure the male was thoroughly covered with a blanket before leaving the room to investigate what the commotion was. He climbed down the stairs and entered the room, positioning himself next to Luhan.

“What is happening?” he asked perplexed looking at the center of the room, only to find Minseok in the middle of a yelling Kyungsoo and Jongdae. He could safely say he’d never seen Jongdae this angry before.

“I don’t know. I arrived like five minutes ago.” replied the elder looking at the situation.

“You don’t love me, do you Jongdae? I keep on showing you my love and try to build a stronger relationship with you but you are never there for me, you never have my back. All that I do is give and yet you give nothing in return.”

Sehun looked at Luhan who had a look of his face that probably mirrored his own, and almost everybody in the room for that matter: incredulity; Kyungsoo’s notion of reality certainly didn’t match everyone else’s.

“Don’t you dare to say that! For months I have been more than understanding towards your behavior, your insane behavior at that. I give nothing in return? That is a load of bull! I gave up my time with my friends, I gave up time that I have, I gave up time that I don’t have, hell, I even gave up my best friend so that you’d be happy and you say that? If anything you gave me nothing back! You were never happy with what I’ve done for you; it was always demand after demand. Actually, I wonder myself, did you ever love me or did you want someone to just be your loyal servant?”

“He has a point…” muttered Luhan for him to hear “ Kyungsoo actions towards Jongdae weren’t that much loving.”

“Best friend? You are talking about that embarrassing person named Baekhyun? Oh yeah, best friend. Was he your best friend when he decided that getting you into bed was a good idea?”

“And this is the answer right here! I am talking about your feelings towards me and you can’t even answer that. I guess you didn’t love me after all did you? He’s the best person in the world and I just back stab him for you and I regret it so much.”

“Then go hide under his skirts and ask him to have you back. Oh, you can’t, can you? Because he’s with the maknae but hey, maybe he’s into bigamy!”

Sehun took a step forward to, honest to god, kick Kyungsoo’s head to the ground for bashing his boyfriend but Luhan and Tao grabbed him to stop him from doing so. What no one suspected was the hard slap that was delivered to Kyungsoo by none other than Jongdae.

“You are mean. You are mean and petty and you are taking advantage of someone who is innocent to cover up for the fact that you are a spineless bastard. You never admit that you are at fault; it’s easier to blame others isn’t it? I’m glad that I found in time what kind of person you are: a controlling, manipulative, sad, cowardly person. And I don’t want to ever have to deal with you again, aside from the group that we are on. Don’t speak to me, don’t look in my direction, and don’t bother me again.” yelled Jongdae, leaving the room, eyes blurred with tears.

No one, tried to stop him but Yixing was the first to snap out of his daze and follow the angered male, especially when he heard the front door being slammed.

“What’s going on?” asked a raspy voice from the entry. Sehun turned to look at his adorable boyfriend, wrapped up in a blanket, looking sleepy and confused.

“YOU!” screeched Kyungsoo like a possessed banshee, grabbing a chair and throwing it in Baekhyun’s direction.

No one expected that, their reactions where too slow to stop Kyungsoo and the chair flew to his target, however, it didn’t hit Baekhyun. Instead, it made a perfect arch on the air and landed on top of Chanyeol, earning a painful gasp from the taller male.

Despite everyone’s slow reaction, Chanyeol was quick enough to block the chair from hitting his target,  protecting Baekhyun by using his body. He had grabbed the smaller male and encased him protectively in his arms before the chair could hurt his closest friend.

They both felt to the ground and then chaos erupted: Junmyeon was screaming his head off, while Minseok held a hysterical Jongin, preventing him from getting to the two boys on the floor, especially when he noticed the murderous glint in Sehun’s face. The maknae had slipped out of Luhan’s and Tao’s arms and went to his boyfriend and friend quickly; he wanted to murder Kyungsoo but Kris had the smaller man restrained forcefully in his arms, his face serious and eyes dangerous.

However, to his shock, Luhan beat him to the fallen males; he was shaking in anger and looking panicked.

“Chanyeol!” he called, trying to lift the pained boy from the floor. His panic only increased when Chanyeol wasn’t managing to do so, whimpering in pain, eyes shut and face contorted, clutching at his back which had took the hit. “Baby? Speak to me please!”

Sehun noticed very well that slip of tongue by Luhan, but he couldn’t say anything in this situation. He went around Luhan and Chanyeol and pulled Baekhyun to his chest, embracing the other in relief when he realized that the smaller had been unharmed, feeling the smaller cling to him just as tightly.

“Luhan! It hurts.” rasped Chanyeol grabbing the older’s arms, while Luhan craddled the giant in his arms the best way he could without hurting the boy.

“I know Yeol, I know. I’m going to take care of you okay?”

“Is Baek okay?”

“He is; you prevented him from getting hurt. You’re a hero in mine and his books okay? Don’t worry about him, he’s fine.” babbled Luhan, taking Chanyeol’s face in his hands and kissing the male’s face repeatedly.

Sehun would like to say he was shocked at the news but, on the other hand he felt so dumb; he had pestered Baekhyun so many times trying to discover who Chanyeol’s love interest was he never stopped to see the clues that he had right in front of him: Chanyeol saying that he had a boyfriend a week ago during a conversation, Luhan’s admittance previously, the fact that the two were always together doing... something stupid if he was honest. He shook his head and looked asked his own boyfriend if he was okay, body going lax when the other replied affirmatively.

“Alright this is how things are going to go; I want Junmyeon, Sehun and Minseok to take Chanyeol to the hospital and see if anything serious.” declared Kris in a low tone of voice, completely serious and devoid of emotion. “Luhan, you stay home and take care of Baekhyun in Sehun’s place, Jongin will join you. At the moment, your emotions are all over the place and we don’t need a romantic scandal between members of our group to arise. Tao, you’ll stay with them too, to prevent Luhan from doing something stupid and to talk to Jongdae and Yixing when they arrived. Explain the situation and leave no detail out of it.”

“You can’t do this, I want to go with Chanyeol!” screamed Luhan.

“Don’t argue with me!” roared Kris, making Luhan draw back quickly. “I am not repeating myself twice; you are going to do as you are told.”

“What are you going to do?” asked Junmyeon cautiously, noticing, as everyone else did how enraged Kris was.

“I’m going to discipline Kyungsoo.” replied the giant leader looking at Kyungsoo so venomously that the other shrunk in himself at the gaze.

Junmyeon paled.

“You cannot be serious Kris! I…”

“I am completely serious Junmyeon” cut Kris, looking at the smaller leader “We tried talking to him, we tried giving him space, we let other people talk to him and this, this right here, and I am talking about the fact of Jongdae leaving the dorms, the fact that Chanyeol just took a chair to his back and his currently shaking in pain on the floor and also the fact that Baekhyun, the currently sick member, had to be thrown to the floor to avoid said chair. This is past the limit of reasonable and I’m done being nice. We’ve tried your way Junmyeon, didn’t work out. We are doing this my way.”

The tone in Kris’ voice left no argument; things were going to be done his way and there was no ‘but’ nor ‘or’ to that. At the moment Kris’ voice was law and everyone start moving to do just as the leader had commanded.

Minseok and Sehun, very carefully helped Chanyeol into a standing position, while the other male whimpered and yelped in pain. Junmyeon promptly grabbed the car keys and led the way, making the others follow him. Sehun didn’t leave without kissing his petite boyfriend and asking the other three staying with him to tend the sick man.

Luhan was a different thing, the man went ballistic when Chanyeol was taken from him and only an exchange of words between him and his own boyfriend calmed him enough to let the giant proceed with his trip to the hospital.

Baekhyun approached Kris, and Tao almost had a seizure, afraid that his tiny hyung would get eaten by Kris or something, since the older was still very angry.

“Kris hyung?” rasped the other coughing slightly.

Kris’ eyes left Kyungsoo’s scared ones and looked at his dongsaeng, humming in acknowledgement.

“What are you going to do?” he asked, voice coming out in a whisper that felt him frowning.

“I’m going to teach Kyungsoo’s a lesson about respect.”

“How are you going to do that?”

“Leave that to me…” replied Kris serenely.

“Just… don’t be too harsh on him.”

“Sometimes, Baekhyun, you have to be harsh and give some tough love. Now, Tao taking him to bed and see that he rests. His voice is almost gone and I don’t want that.”

Jongin and Tao approached and guided a stumbling Baekhyun back to his room, pulling a worried Luhan along with them. Kris thought that, as long as Luhan had someone to fuss about, he could forget his own anxieties for a while.

Finally, alone with Kyungsoo, Kris pulled the male by the arm, forcefully, making him stumble.

“Now, the two of us!” he hissed at Kyungsoo.

“What?” sassed Kyungsoo, despite the fear that overtook his entire demeanor “You are going to beat me up?”

“No!” growled Kris face inches from Kyungsoo’s own scared face “I am going to make you behave like a normal human being instead of a coward, abusive person. And when I’m done with you, you won’t even breathe without asking for permission.”

He pulled Kyungsoo after him, ready to start his lessons. It was more than time for the little bastard to know his place and damned if Kris wasn’t going to keep his promise. Kyungsoo was going to behave properly, came high or hell water.

 

 

 

 

A/N: HELLOOOOO! Miss me? I did miss you! What do you think about the new chapter? Did you expect it? Did you? Did you? Plot twist, ChenSoo broke up and ChanLu is a reality! Also XiuKai and SeBaek going strong and giving cute fluffy moments to prepare you for the drama that occured!! Tell me all your thoughts about it, comment, vote, subscribe!


Also, I want to thank each and every single one of you for the love that I received through comments and messages. I wasn't okay and I'm still a bit upset over what happened and I was incredibly touched to read what you guys had to say. I really appreciated it, it meant a lot. I want you all to know that, whenever you need you can come to me, I may not solve your problems but I can listen to you, you are definitely not alone and you can count on me! 

A LOT OF LOVE FOR YOU ALL, HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!!