I Am Yours

Beneath the Surface

Sehun was deeply satisfied with the way things were going lately; ever since Kyungsoo’s and Jongdae’s breakup, things had been definitely calmer, there was no more fighting, no more yelling and all around much more relaxing. After taking with a chair on his back, Chanyeol had been taken to the hospital to be checked; eventually they found out that, apart from incredibly bruised ribs, back splattered back and purple, he was fine and after some painkillers, he went back to being his goofy self.

Chanyeol’s relationship with Luhan was a shock to the majority of them, except for Baekhyun because his little hobbit knew everything about everybody, it was as simple as that. Sehun had made a whole lot of fun of Luhan about that but only after knowing Chanyeol was okay; who would’ve guessed that sassy Luhan could be so lovey dovey as he was? Truth to be told, Luhan and Chanyeol weren’t exactly the type of couple who was always cuddling, they prefer to do so in private but there were subtle gestures that said more than words, like a brief hug when Chanyeol was leaving, a thumb drawing circles on the back of a hand, Chanyeol’s huge hand poised on the small of Luhan’s back, the little glances between one another. They were in love.

Minseok and Jongin were a whole another story, they were always together, always hugging, kissing or some other thing, Junmyeon had to give them constant warnings, advising them to be discreet in public view. More than once Sehun, or anybody else for the matter, had entered a room, only to find those two involved in a heated make out session, sometimes Sehun thought they were doing on purpose if the number of times Kris had caught them was anything to go by. Their leader reaction was hilarious, spluttering out while backing away, almost falling on the floor.

He and Baekhyun were a reasonable medium, they weren’t too obvious like Minseok or Jongin but they weren’t like Chanyeol or Luhan either. He liked being with Baekhyun, he simply adored his petite boyfriend but both of them had other business to attend and friends to be with; they acknowledge that they needed each other but they could function without the other. Also, Sehun wasn’t going to be a hypocrite and deny that he absolutely loved to cuddle Baekhyun, especially when he received a big, radiant smile from the other.

Jongdae had been recovering, for the lack of better work; the vocalist had been extremely worn out after being in such a difficult relationship and actually found a lot of comfort in Yixing. The maknae has actually made a comment about it to Baekhyun, while they both changed into their night wear, or at least Sehun was, since the shorter was already lying in bed waiting for him.

“Why do you find it strange?” asked Baekhyun grumbling a bit when the taller launched himself into bed on top of him, only to giggle when the other began peppering his face with kisses. “Yixing hyung is the complete opposite of Kyungsoo; of course Jongdae will seek comfort in him.”

“How so?” asked Sehun slipping under the covers and pulling Baekhyun’s body to nestle against his own, pleased to see how the other’s content expression.

“Because Yixing hyung knows how to be caring without crossing limits or being overbearing. If Jongdae needs love, Yixing will love him, if Jongdae needs space, Yixing will give him space. It’s as simple as that. Kyungsoo took Jongdae’s control from him, in the sense where Jongdae wasn’t allowed to make his own decisions, now Yixing is allowing him to have his control back.”

“It does make sense.” agreed Sehun, before pecking his lover’s neck. “Do you reckon that they could become a couple?”

“Maybe, with time and patient, they could be. Let’s see how it goes.”

When Sehun was confronted with Baekhyun’s opinion, he thought that his boyfriend actually had a very valid point of view that he hadn’t considered before, especially when he saw Jongdae talking more and more, expressing his opinions and thoughts, unrestrained, much like it did before. Sehun didn’t miss the longing glance that Jongdae threw Baekhyun once in a while, he could see that Jongdae wanted his best friend back but he didn’t know how to approach. So Sehun decided to be a bigger man, figuratively of course, if he grew taller, he would eventually surpass Kris’ height and no one wanted a whiny Kris, and talk to Jongdae.

He approached the vocalist one day, in the kitchen, while Jongdae was rummaging around the fridge for something edible since Kyungsoo was with Kris and Chanyeol, other of their great cooks, was off with Luhan, and nobody wanted to know where those two were.

“Hey.” he greeted startling the other male, who looked at him and nodded “Can I talk to you for a second Jongdae hyung?”

The shorter male turned away from the fridge, closing it slowly, looking at Sehun with suspicion.

“I am not trying to create any problems don’t worry.” he explained quickly making Jongdae look a little more relaxed “I’ve been watching you for the past couple of days and I’ve noticed how you look at Baekhyun sometimes.” He raised a hand to stop Jongdae from interjecting “I not accusing you of liking him or anything like that. I just know you miss him as a friend, he was or is your best friend and I know that you must be missing his presence like crazy. I’m not going to lie and say that I am thrilled with you because, let’s face it, you hurt him a lot. He considered you his best friend and you simply  stopped having his back and letting Kyungsoo bash him, and that torn him up pretty badly. However, I know that he misses you just as much, despite how sad and hurt he is, and I know that you miss him too. I want to see my boyfriend happy and I know that you talking to him could be a first step into rekindle your friendship and make him happier.”

“I don’t know how to approach him though…” confessed Jongdae with a heavy sigh “How can I just go to him and talk when I know I been such a horrible person to him? I never did something bad directly but I watched and heard someone doing it and I did much worse: I did nothing! I stood there, listening to Kyungsoo say the worst things about him and did nothing. I feel so guilty so, so, guilty; for allowing this to happen, for not doing something earlier.”

“I can understand your point of view; I don’t really like the way you treated Baek, even if he was not my boyfriend and the time, but I do really believe you feel guilty and I really think you should talk to him. Truth to be told, I don’t know how he’s going to react but knowing him as I do, because he’s been letting me know him, I think that he will listen to what you have to say, at least, and give you a chance to say you’re sorry. He might not be okay with you just like that, because this is not a switch you can turn on and off, but he’ll forgive you. Funnily enough, he’s the person we all say sorry the most but is the quickest to forgive. So go and talk to him; have a heart to heart, honest conversation and say all you want to say and listen to him, it will be a good start and you’ll both feel lighter after it.”

“And if he doesn’t want my friendship, even if he accepts my apology?”

“Then you have to be a big boy, it up and respect his wishes. You didn’t act like you should and now you have to face the consequences hyung. I know that this is not what you want to hear but I refuse to lie to you. I think you don’t deserve it, especially after seeing you better, happier.”

“I appreciate your honesty Sehun, I really do.”

Sehun had patted his hyung comfortingly before stepping out of the kitchen and entering the living room, only to run from it.

“JUNMEYON HYUNG! MINSEOK IS MOLESTING JONGIN IN THE LIVING ROOM… AGAIN! Control your hormones goddamit!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun wasn’t sure how the conversation between Jongdae and Baekhyun was, but he knew that it had happened; he had seen his lover and Jongdae living his own room. His small beau had been pale, as Jongdae had been too but there was no evidence of tears and that had made Sehun’s heart a little lighter.

Baekhyun had given Jongdae a small smile and a hug before they parted and, when Baekhyun averted his eyes and they have landed on Sehun, is smile had widened immensely and he basically launched himself in the taller’s arms, snuggling into the welcoming embrace.

“You look happy.” told him Sehun, hugging the smaller body close to him.

“I am.” whispered Baekhyun, eyes closed, a smile still painted on his lips.

“Did you have a chat with Jongdae?”

“I did. He told me he had a chat with you and you gave him a little push to talk to me.”

“Wasn’t it wrong of me?”

“No, it made me happy that you care enough to do something like that for me. I appreciate it.”

“Did it go well?”

“It did. We talked about the bump in our friendship, he apologized and explained his point of view and I talked about how hurt his actions made me feel. We agreed on trying to rebuild our friendship; like baby steps, maybe we can go back to where we go. We also agree that our past…adventures, were not the best way to cope with our loneliness and that it had its repercussions, even if you don’t seem to mind it that much.”

“I don’t. I don’t like it per se, but I do understand that you can’t exactly deprive yourself from experiences and people just because, someday, in the future, you’ll have a boyfriend. It doesn’t make sense, thing that Kyungsoo failed to understand.”

“Why in the world are you so understanding and mature? I’m the hyung in here!” whined Baekhyun with a little pout on his lips that Sehun couldn’t resist to kiss.

“You’re still the mature and understanding hyung; I’m just following your lead.”

“And you are a sweet talker too! I’m doomed!”

The maknae laughed at the other’s mischievous face and just picked his boyfriend up and swung him around making the other dissolve into peals of laughter, drawing up the attention of everybody in the dorms, earning them a few yells and even making a scared looking Tao appear at the top of the stairs before scoffing at them and going back to wherever he was.

He carefully eased his tiny little hobbit into the floor, being careful not to drop him, and kissed his cheek. How could such a little person make him so happy just by smiling or laughing?

“It’s so ironic that the person that makes me the happiest was the same that, a few months ago, I couldn’t stand with in a room without arguing.”

“That just shows you how fate it a twisted lady.”

“I like that twisted lady, she gave me the most amazing gift ever.” replied Sehun with a little wink.

“Baekhyun!” called Junmyeon from the laundry room “Clothes are washed, can you come and help me fold them?”

“Sure hyung!” replied his boyfriend, before turning to him. “I’m going to help the mighty leader fold socks and Tao’s !”

“What?” asked Sehun looking surprised at the comment. “Tao’s ? He doesn’t wear ! He’s always boasting about his designer’s boxers!”

“You know that, I know that, but what do you think Junmyeon’s going to say when he sees them? He’s gonna give Tao a lecture about safety and stuff, like a good momma!”

“You’re pranking him? What did he do?”

“He’s been mocking Chanyeol about Luhan, this is payback!”

“You’re helping the tall beagle, then?”

“Yup!” chirped his boyfriend cutely before kissing his nose and running to help Junmyeon.

“Crazy beagles!” commented Sehun with a shake if his head, hiding a small smile of affection looking at the tinier beagle, out of the three, while he ran.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One subject that everyone tried very hard not to talk about was Kyungsoo’s change along the course of the weeks. Ever since Kris had taken up the job of making Kyungsoo behave, the smaller man had, indeed, started showing a different behavior than he used to; he was far less aggressive, much more docile and certainly more compliant.

To tell the truth, it was mind boggling to them all watch those transformations occur, even Luhan was having trouble staying mad at the other, which he really had been, since the moment Chanyeol had been hit with that chair.

Most of them prefer to remain neutral in this little mess, so as to not create any more problems amongst their group, Luhan and Sehun were probably the ones to be a little harsher on the other man, despite Junmyeon’s orders. Even Baekhyun had a talk about it with Sehun.

Despite the fact that the hostilities had been slowly dissipating, Sehun could see his boyfriend looking worried, chewing on his lower lip and increasing the habit he had to play with said lips with his fingers, and he knew what those worries were about. Whatever Kris had done with Kyungsoo, while it was clearly working, it was drawing some suspicious thoughts into everyone’s mind because Kyungsoo had become a little too submissive: he wouldn’t dare to do much without Kris’ permission and even little things like starting to eat, at dinner time, had to be asked before Kyungsoo effectively move.

The other members looked at this but shrugged it off as not being their business; Luhan honestly didn’t care, because the Chinese man could hold a grudge like no other but Sehun just knew his boyfriend wouldn’t be able to shut about it, he wouldn’t stop until he got answers, and that was the reason he was currently in the kitchen, where every important conversation seemed to take place, or at least the majority of them, which was a thought that scared Sehun actually, since there were knives and there and stuff, tagging along with Baekhyun, with Kyungsoo and Kris standing in front of them.

“What do you want to talk about Baekhyunnie?” asked Kris.

“Truth to be told, I don’t know how to start this, so it’s better to just be direct about it, I guess.”

“You were never the one to beat around the bush…” commented Kris distractedly, adjusting the collar of Kyungsoo’s shirt.

“I want to know how exactly are you teaching Kyungsoo to be respectful? Or whatever you called it, because I’ve been seeing behaviors that are really weird and I am quite confused about it and a little bit worried too!”

Sehun could see the changes in both Kyungsoo’s and Kris’ faces and, god helped him, one day is boyfriend is going to get mauled because he can’t keep his mouth shut; it was brave of him and Sehun was proud about it but, yeah, he could see many ways of it going wrong.

“You are worried? Are you afraid that I’m hurting him?” asked Kris in a calm voice.

“Yes, but not in the way you are thinking. I’m worried about the fact that whatever you’ve been doing might be too much and that you are hurting him unintentionally.”

“I would never hurt Kyungsoo intentionally or unintentionally.” replied the older man, posture a little more relaxed.

“I’m not saying that you ever would. That’s not your style. However, you have got to admit, it’s pretty strange to see someone as strong as Kyungsoo, because let’s not be mistaken here, Kyungsoo’s is a wolf wrapped up in a lamb skin, no offense, he can obliterate you with words and, normally, he is very much in control of himself and in control of others, people like me for example, who need a slap on the wrist from time to time, in order to quiet down, so tame and calm. He looked at you the other day for permission to see a movie with Junmyeon. I mean, that’s not his normal behavior.”

“Fair enough.” acknowledged Kris before turning to Kyungsoo and whispering him a question, Sehun could tell by the intonation used, to which Kyungsoo nodded. Kris turned to Baekhyun and asked him a question. “What do wolves or dogs do when someone of its pack is acting rebellious?”

“The dominant male or female makes the other submit to them.”

“I am just applying the same principles but in a different way.”

“How so?”

“I’m the dominant and he’s the submissive.” replied Kris with caution, his voice suggesting something that Sehun couldn’t understand.

Baekhyun didn’t seem to understand either in the beginning but when he did, his eyes widened suddenly and he let out a little gasp pass his lips.

“You cannot be serious?!”

“But I am. We had a long conversation about it and decided to try it; I would never do something to Kyungsoo without his consent!”

“I am just shocked at the choice of disciplinary method.”

“It’s a mixture of discipline and pleasure. Kyungsoo learns discipline and gets rewarded when he is good.”

“Oh my god!” exclaimed Sehun loudly, making Baekhyun jump in surprise. “I get it now, stop talking! I don’t want to know anything about it.”

Baekhyun chose to ignore his boyfriend and his little whines behind him.

“Why this? Why don’t you just ground him or something?”

“Want to answer that Kyungsoo?” asked Kris gently, while the other male nodded.

“As you said Baekhyun, I need to be in control of myself and what I do all the time, slipping up from that control; the feeling of not controlling something is scary to me, I don’t like it. Allied to the fact that we are constantly being exposed to pressure, to sing well, to speak well, do dance well, gets me very strung up and I lash out because I can’t be perfect all the time and feel the control slipping from me. And I get aggressive and I am, well horrible, to pretty much anyone. What Kris is doing allows me to understand that it is okay not being in control all the time; that I have someone to care for me and take control of situations when things get too much. I just let go, of everything and it helps me focus and be more in control of myself afterwards. I’m still learning but I feel better.”

Baekhyun shot Kyungsoo a long glance, assessing the truth behind the other’s words before he finally relaxed and nodded.

“As long as you are okay with it, I guess that’s fine."

Kris stood up from where he sat and approached Baekhyun, bending a little to press a small kiss against the smaller’s forehead.

“Thank you for understanding Baekhyunnie, and to care enough to talk to us.”

Baekhyun seemed surprised at the gesture, he glanced surreptitiously as Sehun who smiled at him; Sehun wasn’t remotely jealous, he trusted Baekhyun, he knew that the petite man was as much his and he was Baekhyun’s.

“Baekhyun always cares for others, even when they do him wrong.” commented Kyungsoo softly, looking at the floor.

“Because family is family, no matter what.” replied Baekhyun gently.

Kyungsoo looked at him surprised before nodding a little bit, understanding the implied meaning of the words, of the forgiveness that just had been offered.

Later, in the evening, when both of them were already in bed, Sehun asked Baekhyun why he had forgiven Kyungsoo so easily.

“Negative feelings and thoughts are not for me, I don’t like being angry at people nor do I want to be. Whatever happened, happened, we have got to move forward and forgiving him is a way to do it; for myself, for Kyungsoo and for everybody else, too.”

Sehun looked at his beautiful boyfriend and felt a heated wave spread from his stomach reaching every part of his body. He kissed Baekhyun deeply, hands wandering around the other’s warm body.

“You drive me crazy.” he whispered, earning a shiver and a gasped moan from Baekhyun. “How was I blessed with someone like you? Tell me!”

“I don’t know!” stuttered Baekhyun, slightly dazed, before attacking Sehun’s lips.

Their heated make up session was only heating up and Sehun was feeling his own control, which seemed to be the word of the day, slipping up.

“We have got to stop, or I won’t be able to control myself.” whispered Sehun against Baekhyun’s neck.

“Then don’t!” whispered the other sensually in his hear. “After all, I’m yours.”

 

 

 

A/N: Holy...what have I just written?! I'm gonna, just, I don't know! Moving along, next chapter will be the last chapter of this story, but worry not, I have another story coming up, a SeBaek one, a little bit different from what I use to write, in the sense that I'll be doing an AU, for the first time, so... wish me luck! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if so, comment and let me know all about it! Vote and subscribe and check my other stories, you may like them!

Have a wonderful day! BE HAPPY!