SEVEN

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! Little brother!”

            Jongdae’s cheerful voice rang through Jongin’s ear. And Jongin had to take the phone receiver away from his ear for some distance as he cringed at the deafening sound.

            “How are you doing? Are you okay?”

            “Yeah sure, why not?” Jongin laughed lightly.

            “Really? Nothing’s bothering you?”

            “Yeah, really, I’m fine, Jongdae,” Jongin reassured him, “Don’t you worry.”

            He faked a smile to himself which he knew Jongdae wouldn’t see. But Jongdae knew him too much to know that something was obviously wrong.

            “Don’t lie to me, Jongin,” Jongdae’s tone turned dead serious, “I know a lie when I hear one.”

            Jongdae heard Jongin sighed heavily at the other side of the line.

            “I told you,” Jongin said, sounding annoyed, “I’m fine.”

            “Alright,” Jongdae knew better than to push him any further, “But promise me you’ll let me know if there’s any problem, okay?”

            “Oh by the way, that friend of yours have kept me updated for a while now,” Jongdae continued, “At least I can know what’s really happening.”

            “What? What are you talking about?” Jongin asked anxiously through the phone, “Who?”

            “Oh, sorry Jongin, I gotta go,” Jongdae said suddenly, “And my business trip just might be extending. But I’ll be home before you know it.”

            And he hung up. Jongin groaned in frustration and threw the phone against the wall. It shattered and the pieces scattered on the floor. The screen buzzed and lines danced around before the screen went black. He didn’t even bother to clean that up.

            He went over to the hanger and grabbed his jacket. Taking the crutches under his arms, he went out of the front door and into the scorching sun outside. He walked towards that one place that he once loved but now hated – dance practice center.

 

~    ~    ~

 

Hip hop mixed with dubstep music rang through the corridor outside of the room. Jongin pushed open the practice room door and peered inside. Finding himself a seat, he sat down to enjoy the show. Other people and trainees gather around to watch too. Apparently, the dancer at the center of the stage is beyond talented.

            His movements were perfect. His hands moved along with the music

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter