FIVE

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was back at the cliff where the car was right before it toppled off the hill and crashed below. But only now, Jongin was the car. He hung onto his dear life as his already tired arm tried to hold his weight. One of his hands slipped, leaving only one hand clinging onto the rocks on the cliff. Beads of sweats were pouring from his forehead. He squeezed his eyes tight and clenched his teeth hard as he refused to let go.

            Soon, he felt warm liquid dripping onto his forearm. He blinked open his eyes. It was red. He was bleeding. And then he realized his fingers were bleeding from the jaggy rocks that he was holding on to. His blood trickled off his elbow and dropped on his face. Jongin decided to try again as he flung his another arm up to hold onto the rocks but he never reached. His legs kicked off a few small boulders and send debris flying down below. He could feel his fingers slowly losing their strengths. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply, preparing himself for death.

            Just when he was about to give up and let go, another pair of hands emerged from above and caught his arms. Jongin’s eyes shot opened from the shock and looked up. And realized it was the last person he had ever wanted to meet.

            Chanyeol.

            “Hold on!” Chanyeol yelled at the top of his lungs as he clung onto Jongin’s arms tightly. Unable to contain his surprise, Jongin just stared at Chanyeol wide-eyed and dumbfounded.

            “Wh.-Why?”

            “No time to lose,” Chanyeol tried to catch his breath, “Listen to me, Jongin. Hold my hand!”

            As if in a trance, Jongin lazily raised his arm and Chanyeol caught it in his anxiously. With all his might, he managed to pull Jongin to safety.

            “Chan-Chanyeol, what are you doing here?” Jongin managed to speak out the words, “How-?”

            Chanyeol silenced him with a finger over his lips and put his other hand on Jongin’s shoulder.

            “I am always here for you, Jongin. And I will always be,” Chanyeol looked at him deeply in the eyes.

            “I’ll never let anything happen to you.”

            Jongin opened his eyes. Chanyeol was not there with him. He blinked his eyes in the darkness. It was still late in the night. Crickets sang in the bushes, adding music to the night breeze. Chanyeol’s voice still lingered in Jongin’s mind.

            I’ll never let anything happen to you…

            Jongin tossed away the blankets covering him in frustration. Like hell I’ll believe you, he thought angrily. Feeling the heat coming to him, he left his blankets on the floor and decided to lay back and get some rest. But sleep did not come. Instead, he spent the rest of the hours staring at the ceiling. It was dark and plain. Only a spinning ceiling fan occupied the grey wall.

Jongin remembered how all kinds of colors filled his ceiling. Glow-in-the-dark stars and planets used to glance down at him, telling him goodnight and sending him to his dreams. Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter