SIX

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He waved like a madman as soon as Jongin stepped into the coffee shop. It was impossible for Jongin to not notice him. Chanyeol had found a cozy little corner table for them both. He looked at Jongin and smiled so broadly as if nothing had ever happened between them. Or maybe, it was only Jongin who have not put down his feelings of rage and hatred for Chanyeol.

            Smiling slightly, Jongin proceeded to where Chanyeol was seated and sat across from him on the table. He placed his pair of crutches right beside his chair. Chanyeol pushed a cup of coffee towards Jongin with his hand.

            “Here, your favorite Americano,” again that overly happy smile. Jongin nodded a simple thank you. Then, he cupped his hands around the cup, feeling the warmth of the coffee through his fingertips. Feeling slightly awkward, Chanyeol did the same. Neither of them spoke a word for minutes.

            Chanyeol lifted the cup to his lips and sipped the hot coffee slowly. He put down the cup and cleared his throat. Jongin still refused to meet his eyes. And he hasn’t touched his coffee, not even a single drop. Chanyeol decided to break the ice between them.

            “So, how have you been doing?” Chanyeol wanted to facepalm himself as soon as he asked the question.

            “As good as a man without legs,” Jongin said humorlessly.

            “Look, I’m really sorry, okay?” Chanyeol said firmly, his large eyes showing sincere apologize and care. But Jongin didn’t even look at him in the face.

            “I was just trying to help,” he continued, “What can I do to let you forgive me and put this behind us?”

            Jongin felt anger rising inside of him. His face grew hotter by the minute. His hands sweated and he gripped the handle of the coffee cup tighter.

“How can I ever forgive? How can I ever forget?” Jongin glared at Chanyeol, finally lifting his head to face him, “For more than 6 months I have stayed in that hospital. For more than a year, I had lived without walking on my own two legs. And I will have to continue living like this for God knows how long. And you expect me to forgive just like that?”

Jongin stopped to catch his breath. He was trembling from rage and sweats covered his forehead. Chanyeol was taken aback at Jongin’s sudden outburst. It had been ages. He didn’t expect he was still feeling like this.

“Jongin, I…I’m-“

“STOP SAYING YOU’RE SORRY!”

Hundred pairs of eyes stared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter