SEVENTEEN

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last five days.

            Jongin gripped Kyungsoo’s scrawny fingers so tight the blood drained from them. Kyungsoo winced a little but he let Jongin held on to it. It might just be the last chance he could ever hold them. Kyungsoo patted Jongin’s hand repeatedly, as if comforting a crying little child. Kyungsoo put his fingers under Jongin’s chin and lifted his face up so he could look into his eyes. Jongin smiled weakly at him through his tears.

            “You know, sometimes I just don’t understand,” Kyungsoo said softly, his voice lacked of strength and was only barely a whisper.

            “Why does it have to be me? There are billions of people in the whole wide world. But why me?”

            Jongin sighed and cupped Kyungsoo’s hands together, “I once heard that that’s what God does to people who are too good to be left on Earth.”

            Kyungsoo stared at him and raised his eyebrow disbelievingly. Jongin touched his face and smiled, as if saying, believe me.

            “God just wanted to bring back his angels to stay by his side,” Jongin stifled, “But…just not now, okay?”

            “God can’t be that selfish, right? Jongin’s tears started falling again. And soon, he broke down into sobs. Kyungsoo pulled Jongin in gently by the neck until their foreheads were touching each other’s.

            “Just promise me, that you won’t ever fall again, okay?” Kyungsoo whispered. Jongin pursed his lips as he tried to look at Kyungsoo in the eyes.

            “You told me you’d catch me if I fall,” he said as he smiled through those pouring tears, “So I fell for you.”

            Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smiled as he scoffed softly, “You little fool.”

            He ruffled Jongin’s hair gently, leaving it a mess. But Jongin couldn’t care less. He wished to keep everything Kyungsoo had touched just the way they are. He couldn’t make Kyungsoo stay just because he wished to. But he didn’t want traces of him to disappear too.

            Slowly, Jongin stood up and moved closer towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s gaze followed his every movement, unaware of what he was going to do. Cupping Kyungsoo’s petite face in his gentle hands, Jongin lowered his lips onto Kyungsoo’s forehead. Kyungsoo shut his eyes tight and secretly smiled to himself. Jongin let his lips lingered for a moment before breaking away.

            “I’m going to miss you so much,” Jongin choked.

            “Me too,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter