TWELVE

STARLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo straightened Jongin’s bow tie, arranged his collars and brushed off some dust from his coat. Jongin was dressed in a silky black tuxedo, accompanied by a pair of shiny black shoes. His hair was combed back neatly unlike his usual messy hair that hung down the side of his face. Kyungsoo was dressed the same. The only thing different between them are the crutches under Jongin’s arms.

            “I’m nervous,” Jongin whispered to Kyungsoo, “Why would Chanyeol choose someone who couldn’t even stand to be his best man?”

            “Because you’re his best friend,” Kyungsoo smiled into his eyes, “Plus, I’ll be right there beside you.”

            His words brought warmth to Jongin’s heart. And he nodded confidently as he tucked in the crutches nearer to his body.

            “There, you’re all done,” Kyungsoo announced as he finished the last touch on Jongin’s tux to make sure it looked alright.

            “Hey guys, you ready?” Jongdae fumbled with his own bow tie as he came asking. Both of them nodded and Jongin exchanged glances with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nodded reassuringly at him. But someone else was more nervous than Jongin – the groom.

            “Chanyeol, congrats on your big day,” Jongin congratulated Chanyeol as he took Chanyeol’s hands in his. Jongdae patted the groom’s shoulders as if saying that’s my boy. Kyungsoo had to rearrange Chanyeol’s collars and bow tie as he kept fidgeting on them due to his nervousness. Kyungsoo slapped Chanyeol’s itchy hands away when they reach towards his tie and collar again.

            Chanyeol was dressed in a tuxedo too, not that different from the others. But somehow, the tux looked better on him. There was some kind of aura emitting from Chanyeol that day. His eyes were brighter and his whole cheerful face emitted pure joy. His smile was enough to melt one’s heart. For a moment, all of them share a group hug and just let themselves drown in each other’s presence in silence.

            “I’m going to miss you guys,” Chanyeol said and a tear nearly escaped his eyes. Jongdae quickly dabbed on it with a tissue before it ruin his makeup. Jongin laughed and scoffed as he patted Chanyeol’s back.

            “It’s not like marriage’s going to keep you away from us forever.”

            All of them laughed as if it was a joke. But they all knew the truth and they understood. They gave one another one last hug before they stepped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter